No announcement yet.

Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinkie. Facts are not stuck records they are reality.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I admire your spirit mate but it isn't going to happen sadly.

I reckon he'll get sacked just before Millwall...save him the embarrassment of them tearing him a new one at the Den.
      It's written in the stars ain't it.
      That game will make the the pe teachers abuse at foolham look like nursery.

Gawd help the poor little fruitloop
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        It's written in the stars ain't it.
        That game will make the the pe teachers abuse at foolham look like nursery.

Gawd help the poor little fruitloop
        If he doesn't get a positive result in the next few games, I'd say something needs to change before Millwall. He's going to get torn a new one, and probably have a full blown breakdown down there if things are as still as bad as they are now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
          Full monty here: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/ian-...er/1524/plus/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Yep that’s ugly reading....

Comment

• a couple of tweets from uncle.

Tony Fernandes
              @tonyfernandes
              Mar 30
              More
              Yesterday was a strange one. Disappointing . Good to try some new things out on the squad as we prepare for next season. No one likes to lose though. Got to give credit to their keeper. One of those days. Information keeps building on squad .

We need to focus on long term like stadium where we are getting zero help .

Tony Fernandes
              @tonyfernandes
              39m39 minutes ago
              More
              Replying to @maljacqpr
              We do. We can’t survive and it’s not seats. It’s corporate and making more use of the stadium.

From these posts, it seems to me that uncle is now happy with howllowhead to carry out mass experimentations during matches.
              he goes on to praise the reading keeper for having a great game even though the stats were 27 shots with 3 on target.

With regards to lofus road, is this chris wright mark 2? says we cannot survive for much longer and seems to suggest that he will be loaning out loftus road for more corporate activities.

Comment

Tony Fernandes
                @tonyfernandes
                Mar 30
                More
                Yesterday was a strange one. Disappointing . Good to try some new things out on the squad as we prepare for next season. No one likes to lose though. Got to give credit to their keeper. One of those days. Information keeps building on squad .

We need to focus on long term like stadium where we are getting zero help .

Tony Fernandes
                @tonyfernandes
                39m39 minutes ago
                More
                Replying to @maljacqpr
                We do. We can’t survive and it’s not seats. It’s corporate and making more use of the stadium.

From these posts, it seems to me that uncle is now happy with howllowhead to carry out mass experimentations during matches.
                he goes on to praise the reading keeper for having a great game even though the stats were 27 shots with 3 on target.

With regards to lofus road, is this chris wright mark 2? says we cannot survive for much longer and seems to suggest that he will be loaning out loftus road for more corporate activities.
                No surprise at the football related comments. Tony doesn't and never has understood the game.

I make him right on the commercial side though. If we are going to be forced to operate without cash injections from the board to keep us solvent, we need other revenue streams. Our current level of attendance is probably not enough to generate the revenues required to consistently challenge at the top of the Championship. Match day costs for a London side are very high.

Of course, Tony's idea is a stadium that can be used for other events, with a larger corporate section and perhaps other revenue generating business tied to it is a good one. Getting it off the ground appears to be easier said than done, particularly when you've blown as much money as we have in recent seasons.

Comment

• Sounds like he wants to either re name or sell the stadium or similar possibly to raise money.

Comment

• Dont suppose he could of meant the reading goalie regarding the penalty save?

Comment

No surprise at the football related comments. Tony doesn't and never has understood the game.

I make him right on the commercial side though. If we are going to be forced to operate without cash injections from the board to keep us solvent, we need other revenue streams. Our current level of attendance is probably not enough to generate the revenues required to consistently challenge at the top of the Championship. Match day costs for a London side are very high.

Of course, Tony's idea is a stadium that can be used for other events, with a larger corporate section and perhaps other revenue generating business tied to it is a good one. Getting it off the ground appears to be easier said than done, particularly when you've blown as much money as we have in recent seasons.
                      Well, if he wants more corporate areas, then surely that goes against the grain of growing the fanbase.
                      Not only would it shrink match day fans, it would raise the prices of what remains of the seats in the ground.
                      Plus, match day atmosphere will be even worse.

why can he not just get a sponser for the stadium which will generate the money required.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        Dont suppose he could of meant the reading goalie regarding the penalty save?
                        maybe mate.

Comment

Well, if he wants more corporate areas, then surely that goes against the grain of growing the fanbase.
                          Not only would it shrink match day fans, it would raise the prices of what remains of the seats in the ground.
                          Plus, match day atmosphere will be even worse.

why can he not just get a sponser for the stadium which will generate the money required.
                          You're missing my point mate.

I'm not suggesting we extend the corporate section at Loftus Road. I'm talking about a new stadium with a better, purpose built corporate area. I've done C Club a few times, I've also done corporate a few other grounds. We are a quite a long way behind most of the modern stadiums when it comes to match day hospitality. Not there is anything wrong with what we put on for corporate fans, just the ground and everything about it is a little dated.

I think a bigger money spinner is a ground that could be booked for concerts and other sporting events like boxing/MMA matches etc. We're in a great location for it, just need a venue that's up to it!

Comment

• He’s so right about stadium

Comment

You're missing my point mate.

I'm not suggesting we extend the corporate section at Loftus Road. I'm talking about a new stadium with a better, purpose built corporate area. I've done C Club a few times, I've also done corporate a few other grounds. We are a quite a long way behind most of the modern stadiums when it comes to match day hospitality. Not there is anything wrong with what we put on for corporate fans, just the ground and everything about it is a little dated.

I think a bigger money spinner is a ground that could be booked for concerts and other sporting events like boxing/MMA matches etc. We're in a great location for it, just need a venue that's up to it!

ok, i get your point now mate. but is he talking about our stadium or some #dreamstadium that does not exist?

i'm assuming he is talking about loftus road.

Comment

ok, i get your point now mate. but is he talking about our stadium or some #dreamstadium that does not exist?

i'm assuming he is talking about loftus road.
                                I read it as a new stadium mate. I don't think anyone is of the opinion that redeveloping Loftus Rd or making significant changes to the stadium would be a good idea. We are hamstrung there by the lack of space with residential property surrounding us. You'd never be able to do much more than what we already have with the amount of space we have to play with.

Comment

Working...
                                X