Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Met Clint Hill a few times in my line of work and you will struggle to meet a more genuine footballer. Gerrard and Crouchy also stand out.
    Met Peter Crouch once too. Randomly in some bar called Thirst Bar on Greek Street where they used to play some quite naughty house music. Bloke has actually got some moves on him!

Comment

Top bloke Crouch and he is the one bloke I wished we had signed during the Fernandes madness era.

Comment

I think it’s fair to say we’re moving in the right direction with player signings. If Freeman and Smithies carry on progressing the way they are their combined value will be millions more than we paid for them.
        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
          I think it’s fair to say we’re moving in the right direction with player signings. If Freeman and Smithies carry on progressing the way they are their combined value will be millions more than we paid for them.
          Add Scowen and Luongo to that list as well mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Add Scowen and Luongo to that list as well mate.
            Fingers crossed.
            Gawd help us if we do start offloading some of these players for a tidy profit in the future though.
            The ones complaining about our previous players having no resale value will probably start whining about fernandes selling our best assets just to line his pockets.
            #selling off the family silver
            #we’re just an academy
            #uncle tony doesn’t love us really
            # he’s only in it for the readies
            #where’s the ambition
            “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
            Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
              Fingers crossed.
              Gawd help us if we do start offloading some of these players for a tidy profit in the future though.
              The ones complaining about our previous players having no resale value will probably start whining about fernandes selling our best assets just to line his pockets.
              #selling off the family silver
              #we’re just an academy
              #uncle tony doesn’t love us really
              # he’s only in it for the readies
              #where’s the ambition
              I would never blame the club for letting a player go if a generous offer comes in. The fact is, if a bigger club wants them and the player wants to go, he's gonna go at some point. The best thing a club in that position can do is ensure they get the best price.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Hes a top man and owner
                Really????!

You seem a pleasant person but possibly the most deluded on this board with regards to Hollowhead & now this absolute buffoon of a chairman who's overseen the biggest f*ck up in football history for a club our size financially.

You need to really wake up and use your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                  Really????!

You seem a pleasant person but possibly the most deluded on this board with regards to Hollowhead & now this absolute buffoon of a chairman who's overseen the biggest f*ck up in football history for a club our size financially.

There's that negativity that Pinkie has been talking about......Nobody likes a Doom Monger Jimmy!

Comment

There's that negativity that Pinkie has been talking about......Nobody likes a Doom Monger Jimmy!

I like to call myself a realist Tarbs

Comment

Really????!

Thanks mate rather nice of you! I was obviously only on about his passion for us and not money hes wasted obviously! I think you need use yours if you think that i think was great for spunking all that money! Atleast hes not just ran off and left us in the shiiite, & is starting to do the right things and plans of a stadium and the training ground hopefully on the horizon! As for youre opinion on holloway you might be right but we'll see, amazed you cant see the good work going on, still i suppose you think like a few others we'd be better off outing and starting allover again and using our brains!
                      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Where are with the Warren Farm training ground situation?? The Linford Christie would be good for a stadium if we could get that over the line.

Comment

I like to call myself a realist Tarbs
                          Me as well mate. Realism is often misconstrued on this site though. Some would rather turn a blind eye to obvious failings, whether they be current or in the past. Instead they'd rather blindly support and shoot down anything that they perceive as negativity.

Comment

Me as well mate. Realism is often misconstrued on this site though. Some would rather turn a blind eye to obvious failings, whether they be current or in the past. Instead they'd rather blindly support and shoot down anything that they perceive as negativity.
                            Lol it has nothing to do with turning a blind eye to things that are going on at all i think youre misconstrued if you think so, its all about healing and time and going in the right direction after going in the wrong direction, rome wasnt built in a day and patience.
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Lol it has nothing to do with turning a blind eye to things that are going on at all i think youre misconstrued if you think so, its all about healing and time and going in the right direction after going in the wrong direction, rome wasnt built in a day and patience.
                              Beat me to it. Yes, mistakes have been made in the past. BIG MISTAKES. What is done is done and cannot be undone. But now perhaps it's time to put all that behind us, stop raking over old coals, and look to the future, whatever that might hold.

Not everything is fixed, it's still work in progress, hopefully lessons have benn learned, the omens are promising.

We've had our customary September downward plummet, hopefully we can pull out of the dive.

Comment

Ain't being funny mate, but I'm better than most about being pragmatic about where we are and what we can expect. What I won't ever do is deny what's obvious. And let's be honest, the last 6 years have been for the most part, an utter disaster.

I don't see the point of bleating on about what a great manager Ollie is or what a great Chairman Tony is, cos neither is true. But they are what we have, neither appear to be going anywhere soon, and it's our job as fans to support.

I don't expect you and I to ever agree on the abilities of Ollie, or I'd guess Fernandes for that matter. And, as ever, I admire your support and optimism. Even if I don't really understand it.

Comment

Working...
                                X