Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Messages from the Chairman

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...uture-13705488

Hes posted that after he`d been on here seeing me get hammered lol, for me hes a top man and owner, its good to have people in charge who genuinely care.
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Hes posted that after he`d been on here seeing me get hammered lol, for me hes a top man and owner, its good to have people in charge who genuinely care.
      Top bloke, yeah. Dunno how you can say he's a top owner, he's made so many mistakes in his time at the club. Show me another business model where you can waste in excess of 250m, significantly worsening profits and the brand whilst doing so, and still get a pat on the back?!!

That said, I admire his persistence, and I think he's finally close to getting it right after 6 years of hard lessons.

Comment

Think he's missed the point. No problem with what the club is doing generally, making good strides. It's the manager that's naff.

Comment

It's fine not rushing but he's got to make sure we are still in the Championship in May.

That january transfer window will be a test of "ensuring sustainability".

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Top bloke, yeah. Dunno how you can say he's a top owner, he's made so many mistakes in his time at the club. Show me another business model where you can waste in excess of 250m, significantly worsening profits and the brand whilst doing so, and still get a pat on the back?!!

That said, I admire his persistence, and I think he's finally close to getting it right after 6 years of hard lessons.
            Have to agree Tarbs. Overall he's been a disaster of a chairman. However, nobody can say things aren't slowly starting to turn around. Would rather be a sustainable club and build slowly than throwing money about like we used to.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Have to agree Tarbs. Overall he's been a disaster of a chairman. However, nobody can say things aren't slowly starting to turn around. Would rather be a sustainable club and build slowly than throwing money about like we used to.
              I'd rather have the 250m he's spent, spread evenly over 5 seasons with investments made on infrastructure, facilities, youth set-up and young players with a resale value myself. As opposed to pi$$ing it up the wall on salaries for players who didn't give a $hit, and a new gaff in Sandbanks for Harry Redknapp.

Hindsight is 20/20 though I guess!
              Last edited by Tarbie; 03-10-2017, 09:05 AM.

Comment

Comment

Awful chairman who for all that was spunked on wages never really spent huge on actual fees and not sure if we ever made a profit on any of the big time charlies we signed. Agree with Tarbie I wish there was a bit more realism to the spending that took place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                    Awful chairman who for all that was spunked on wages never really spent huge on actual fees and not sure if we ever made a profit on any of the big time charlies we signed. Agree with Tarbie I wish there was a bit more realism to the spending that took place. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though
                    Thing is we all loved it at the time as we had a taste of the big time so can see why he got carried away aswell as us!
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Thing is we all loved it at the time as we had a taste of the big time so can see why he got carried away aswell as us!
                      Wouldn't have loved it as much if I'd been aware of the contracts we were handing out, the fees we were paying to agents, and the fact that we weren't giving players proper medicals.

Comment

We've all made big money mistakes, it's all relative, I've wasted thousands out of my smaller income on things that seemed a good idea at the time. Tony and co have wasted millions out of their mega millions. I haven't got a problem with it. We stay positive and learn from mistakes, dunno why people throw tantrums about what others do with their money.

Comment

Originally posted by Olly View Post
                          We've all made big money mistakes, it's all relative, I've wasted thousands out of my smaller income on things that seemed a good idea at the time. Tony and co have wasted millions out of their mega millions. I haven't got a problem with it. We stay positive and learn from mistakes, dunno why people throw tantrums about what others do with their money.
                          It's your money too mate. Unless somebody else buys your overpriced match ticket every week!

Comment

He lost me once the blue and white plane rocked up and it has been downhill ever since. The thing I still do not get is the transfer policy we got sucked into of buying players with no re sale value? Have we ever made a profit on a player under Fernandes other than Danny Simpson who was a free transfer??

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              He lost me once the blue and white plane rocked up and it has been downhill ever since. The thing I still do not get is the transfer policy we got sucked into of buying players with no re sale value? Have we ever made a profit on a player under Fernandes other than Danny Simpson who was a free transfer??
                              Josh Bowler and Seb Polter both made tidy profits, I think McCarthy did too and he was utter garbage!

Comment

Working...
                              X