Messages from the Chairman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    Yeah, but anyone who's seen the Four Year Plan will know that it was Amit who appointed him. The film even shows Amit making the phone calls leading up to the appointment.

Give Tango and Cash the credit if you want mate. But it really ain't the full story!
    You're missing the point.

They were the owners. They tasked & trusted Amit to find the right man. He did.

We all saw Flavios daft managerial merry go round but as i stated above once he realized you can't do that he tasked the right guy to get our man. Let's not forget they bankrolled some very astute loans that season that pushed us over the line.

I think you're playing it down because you don't like them. I don't either, I simply think they're better businessmen & would of done more for QPR in the long run than this clown once they'd realized how it all works.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

We all saw Flavios daft managerial merry go round but as i stated above once he realized you can't do that he tasked the right guy to get our man. Let's not forget they bankrolled some very astute loans that season that pushed us over the line.

I think you're playing it down because you don't like them. I don't either, I simply think they're better businessmen & would of done more for QPR in the long run than this clown once they'd realized how it all works.
      Maybe they just saw how it worked quicker than Tony. He seems to have realised now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post

Fair enough mate, and yes Briatore and Ecclestone chucked some money at the club. But I also think they got a bit lucky, Amit could just have easily lost patience with it all and we could have gone the same way as Blackburn.

I also think you are letting them both off the hook a bit for the mess that Fernandes inherited when he came onboard. Our signings that summer were pitiful. And it was purely cos they were looking after their own pockets.

Anyway, opinions as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          Maybe they just saw how it worked quicker than Tony. He seems to have realised now.
          Yes, he's got there in the end. The strange thing is, how did amiable, bumbling Tony ever get so successful in the first place? He must be an astute businessman, so what went wrong when he became our chairman? Did it all go to his head? It certainly seemed like he lost the plot, throwing caution to the wind in a spendthrift frenzy. Maybe football does that to you. The adulation, the glamour (sometimes), the fans the media exposure. It's a heady mix.

Jimmy's right of course, Tango and Cash were far more hard nosed. But too hard nosed in the end - leaving Colin in the lurch just when we needed to strengthen. That was the thing that ####ed us, before Tony even got involved. We should have kept Routledge, brought in other decent players, given Colin what he wanted. Instead it was a last minute trolley dash with Joey Barton and Shaun bloody Wright Phillips as the prizes. That's where it went wrong. Tony was playing catch up after that, and then got mugged off by 'super agent' Joorabchian, Mark Hughesless's boof head ego and, then to add insult to injury, the master of the chancer's charm and football club cancer, Arry H Redknapp. A sorry, sordid tale than ended in farce with Chris Ramsay. Pragmatism has finally arrived at Loftus Road once more, and so we begin the long hard slog back to the promised land....

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Jimmy's right of course, Tango and Cash were far more hard nosed. But too hard nosed in the end - leaving Colin in the lurch just when we needed to strengthen. That was the thing that ####ed us, before Tony even got involved. We should have kept Routledge, brought in other decent players, given Colin what he wanted. Instead it was a last minute trolley dash with Joey Barton and Shaun bloody Wright Phillips as the prizes. That's where it went wrong. Tony was playing catch up after that, and then got mugged off by 'super agent' Joorabchian, Mark Hughesless's boof head ego and, then to add insult to injury, the master of the chancer's charm and football club cancer, Arry H Redknapp. A sorry, sordid tale than ended in farce with Chris Ramsay. Pragmatism has finally arrived at Loftus Road once more, and so we begin the long hard slog back to the promised land....
            This is about the best summary of that ridiculous era I have ever seen.

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Maybe so, at a cost of a quarter of a billion quid.

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Fair enough mate, and yes Briatore and Ecclestone chucked some money at the club. But I also think they got a bit lucky, Amit could just have easily lost patience with it all and we could have gone the same way as Blackburn.

I also think you are letting them both off the hook a bit for the mess that Fernandes inherited when he came onboard. Our signings that summer were pitiful. And it was purely cos they were looking after their own pockets.

Anyway, opinions as ever.
              Of course mate. Being lucky can't be thrown into it. I think Chelsea got lucky winning the Champions League. Thing is they did and however you dress it up it's a fact. I think many managers & clubs get lucky with players that Sunday league managers & scouts find. That's the way it is. Other people take credit for things that wasn't fully them or they were just a wheel in the cog of. I see that as how we were at that time re warnock. Like you say though it's all about opinions!

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Yes, he's got there in the end. The strange thing is, how did amiable, bumbling Tony ever get so successful in the first place? He must be an astute businessman, so what went wrong when he became our chairman? Did it all go to his head? It certainly seemed like he lost the plot, throwing caution to the wind in a spendthrift frenzy. Maybe football does that to you. The adulation, the glamour (sometimes), the fans the media exposure. It's a heady mix.

Spot on & a good summary Hubble.
              Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 10-10-2017, 12:07 PM.

Comment

• He mucked it up but so so so many have done exactly the same before him.
                Being a football chairman is widely renowned for being one of the hardest things to succeed in with no prior experience and without spunking shedloads of dough.
                Its his dough, if the people who get upset with his spenditure saw him in a 300 quid a head restaraunt would you coat him off for spending his own dough enjoying himself?
                Why does it matter in this instance, hes swallowed the bill.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                  He mucked it up but so so so many have done exactly the same before him.
                  Being a football chairman is widely renowned for being one of the hardest things to succeed in with no prior experience and without spunking shedloads of dough.
                  Its his dough, if the people who get upset with his spenditure saw him in a 300 quid a head restaraunt would you coat him off for spending his own dough enjoying himself?
                  Why does it matter in this instance, hes swallowed the bill.
                  And we swallowed the bull.
                  Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                  but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                  http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                    And we swallowed the bull.
                    I swallowed gallons of beer at Wembley.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      Fair enough mate, and yes Briatore and Ecclestone chucked some money at the club.
                      Funny thing that everyone misses when talking about them is that QPR reported losses of £19m in 2009 and £14m in 2010. Maybe they "saved us" but one thing is for sure, we were never making losses at that level before them. Fernandes simply carried it on like the prize idiot he was.....wouldn't be surprised if they had left him a handover manual !!

What we really needed at that time was a Steve Gibson.

Comment

• What's done is done. Generally now seem to be heading in right direction although if we are relegated this season, which is a distinct possibility, that could set us back a few more years.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          What's done is done. Generally now seem to be heading in right direction although if we are relegated this season, which is a distinct possibility, that could set us back a few more years.
                          From what I have seen this season that is very unlikely albeit not impossible given our ability to morph into a disaster area!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post

Spot on!

Edit - However, that applies to the 1st Premiership relegation.

The 2nd disastrous relegation was down to Fernandes' errors. He should have sacked Redknapp in late Autumn, but having not done that, he should have backed him in the January window (the resignation that followed was not unexpected).

Fernandes then added to his errors by not appointing a manager with some experience to keep QPR up (they were not cut adrift in the bottom 3 and could have stayed up with better management).

Fernandes is still here and I applaud him for that and am hopeful that he will have learnt some lessons...he needs to if he is going to achieve some success at QPR.
                            Last edited by stanistheman; 11-10-2017, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Etc Etc

Comment

• Dunno why Tony even bothers logging on to Twitter to be honest. The constant abuse must be pretty demoralising!

Comment

Working...
                                X