Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Weve not had a music thread for a while , House music 1987 to 1991 , no exceptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vespa View Post
    70s being the best time ! the fact you still deferred to the 60s shows you dont really believe it !
    What we had with Acid House was ground breaking , it changed youth culture forever , except for the middle class punk thing in the 70s ,your generation was good for two tone and mod revival but thats about it ! you were just an inbetween thing that us young 80s Casuals were waiting to turn into ACID !
    Middle class punk thing???? You cheeky ba5tard! Punk may have had middle class adherents (don't tell me the rave acid scene wasn't riddled with the middle classes because I know it was for a fact!), but it was proper working class culture along with ska and reggae. Try telling Mr John Lydon, who was sat directly behind me on Saturday night at the premiere of the new PiL film that punk was middle class. He'd deck you! We had fashion mate, sharp, street cool, incredible variety, what did you lot have? Baggy trousers, floppy hats and dippy t shirts FFS! I didn't defer to the 60s, I nodded to it - being as it represents the second greatest music era ever, after the 70s, then maybe the 50s, 40s, 30s and then, and only then come the 80s!

Comment

some great bands there Hubs, I was thinking of Mud, Sweet, Brotherhood of Man, Ronnie(sic) and Renalta, Peters and Lee. . .
      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
      This morning's tempest I have to cross
      I must be guided without a stumble
      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
        some great bands there Hubs, I was thinking of Mud, Sweet, Brotherhood of Man, Ronnie(sic) and Renalta, Peters and Lee. . .

You forgot classics like Tie a Yellow Ribbon and Seasons in the Sun Lymes!!

Comment

I don't think of it in terms of best decades because for me 1965 to 1985 was without doubt THE greatest musical period of the last 100 years, in my humble opining - irrespective of social class and/or musical genre! :-) In fact I'd go as far as describing it as a Golden Age of music - which only come around very rarely and which I was fortunately extremely blessed to be growing up in. And NO, that is not just me being nostalgic! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            I don't think of it in terms of best decades because for me 1965 to 1985 was without doubt THE greatest musical period of the last 100 years, in my humble opining - irrespective of social class and/or musical genre! :-) In fact I'd go as far as describing it as a Golden Age of music - which only come around very rarely and which I was fortunately extremely blessed to be growing up in. And NO, that is not just me being nostalgic! :-)
            Yeah, that's pretty spot on Stan. Just heard Tom Petty died by the way. Another one gone to that great gig in the sky. RIP Tom.

(Released in 1989 Vesps!)

Comment

No sh|t. That's horrible news. RIP Tom :¬(

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                Middle class punk thing???? You cheeky ba5tard! Punk may have had middle class adherents (don't tell me the rave acid scene wasn't riddled with the middle classes because I know it was for a fact!), but it was proper working class culture along with ska and reggae. Try telling Mr John Lydon, who was sat directly behind me on Saturday night at the premiere of the new PiL film that punk was middle class. He'd deck you! We had fashion mate, sharp, street cool, incredible variety, what did you lot have? Baggy trousers, floppy hats and dippy t shirts FFS! I didn't defer to the 60s, I nodded to it - being as it represents the second greatest music era ever, after the 70s, then maybe the 50s, 40s, 30s and then, and only then come the 80s!
                I acually proper laughed at your post Hubbs ! not just lol as my kids would type !
                If i ever got decked by John Lydon ,i would hang my head in shame ! thats a joke thing ! isnt he just that clown from the butter advert ? either way !
                When it comes to fashion , ha ! you know our generation ran things , no bondage trousers for us , a pair of Lois cords would do fine ! And by the time Acid come along ,dont mistake us for the dopey manchester lot ,we was rocking C17s ,Gazelles ,Naf Naf ,Chevignon ,early Stoney ,always smart Casual , but you know that !
                Seems like i hit a nerve Geez , no ,offence you know me , we cant all have been lucky enough to be born in the golden times !

Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Aw, no offence taken mate - I do know you - peace and love brother - nice post x

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                    Aw, no offence taken mate - I do know you - peace and love brother - nice post x
                    No offence ever taken or meant ###

Comment

Just realised ,Hubbs ,i sent you out my sex tune from back in the day with Tracy from St Helier Estate !

Comment

Just realised ,Hubbs ,i sent you out my sex tune from back in the day with Tracy from St Helier Estate !

Comment

i knocked about with spencer g and a few of the boys from their back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                            i knocked about with spencer g and a few of the boys from their back in the day
                            I grew up there and round that manor but cant say i know the name 72 , but not surprising really as St Helier is one of the biggest estates ,by square miles , not just in London ,but the whole of England .

Comment

Working...
                            X