Drossball Jimmy v Ian Hollowhead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    Wonder how different it would have been without that Moroccan...?
    Doesn't matter does it? We had the Moroccan and we had him on fire.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
      Doesn't matter does it? We had the Moroccan and we had him on fire.
      Course it does...Warnock knew Adel would win games on his own....without him, would we have been anywhere near promotion candidates?

Comment

Course it does...Warnock knew Adel would win games on his own....without him, would we have been anywhere near promotion candidates?
        I think we would have been up there. Our defence and keeper was also superb that season. 25 clean sheets is a defence worthy of playoffs at least.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Very solid team with an outstanding match winner who made the difference. That season I witnessed the best single pass in over 35 years watching us. Home v Coventry for Routledge to score. Great season with better memories

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
            I think we would have been up there. Our defence and keeper was also superb that season. 25 clean sheets is a defence worthy of playoffs at least.
            not to take the 25 clean sheets away from our defence that season but we were very much a one man team with adel in the side and you could argue that he assisted the defence by being such a threat that other teams simply couldn't focus on attack. brilliant player for us and easily best we've had in my time supporting qpr.

i reckon we might have been challenging for the playoffs without taarabt but he was the guy who gave us that edge

Comment

8 point difference, less experience and managing at the highest level in their career... JFH didn't do so bad, but judging from the comments the Dutch style is not wanted. If he hadn't been involved in the money scandal I think he would have stayed.

Its difficult for us as fans having to adjust to the new ambitions of the club over such a short period but in my view there's not much difference between the two! We're still going through austerity and we're a lower mid table team for foreseeable future.

If the club hadn't of messed up when we were in PL we wouldn't be were we are.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                not to take the 25 clean sheets away from our defence that season but we were very much a one man team with adel in the side and you could argue that he assisted the defence by being such a threat that other teams simply couldn't focus on attack. brilliant player for us and easily best we've had in my time supporting qpr.

i reckon we might have been challenging for the playoffs without taarabt but he was the guy who gave us that edge
                Agree to an extent but Adel was lazy and take away his moments of brilliance the others had to work harder as was almost like playing with 10 men when he wasn't in the mood. Fantastically gifted player though and could be a joy to watch. Can hardly believe how he has thrown it away. The rest of the team were just great pros, very solid and organised. We would I reckon have got at least play offs that season.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                  Agree to an extent but Adel was lazy and take away his moments of brilliance the others had to work harder as was almost like playing with 10 men when he wasn't in the mood. Fantastically gifted player though and could be a joy to watch. Can hardly believe how he has thrown it away. The rest of the team were just great pros, very solid and organised. We would I reckon have got at least play offs that season.
                  To be fair this is probably spot on and yes, with a well organised side with it's mix of talent and experience, we probably would have got to the PO's....just.

Just think with a talent like Adel, everyone knew he could pull a moment of magic out of the bag to win a game and that gave everyone confidence.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post

Can't disagree with any of that. But Warnock deserves a lot of credit for the way we were set up that season. He was very clever. He knew we had a player that was head and shoulders above anyone else in the league. All he needed to do was keep the rest simple and keep working hard on maintaining harmony in the squad, and we would be good enough to go up.

Sorry to say it, but I'm not sure our current boss would have been so successful with the same group of players.

Comment

That group of players and that manager were made for each other. For me the last really enjoyable season.

Adel was a genius at that level and was a real feeling of overall togetherness.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        Different shades of brown. Hard to pick. Still a pain to get off the bottom of your shoe if you step in it.

Players run around more under Ollie and some world class badge kissing but has been no actual improvement.

So much has improved at the club. Such a shame still can't get the manager right.
                        agreed. and as Tarbie pointed out, points count.

If we were to use those figures over the course of the season, JFH would have QPR in mid table whereas IH would have QPR almost certainly relegated.

I take on board the point about a lot of points were lost during the last 8 games last season where a lot of tinkering took place, but as we are seeing now ith the latest set of games, IH's team selections and substitutions are baffling and arguably costing points again - so not much seems to have been learnt.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          I wish we never sacked Warnock.
                          My favourite manager of all time.
                          Like the board a lot but letting him go when we had a chance the second time was criminal.
                          Unless he could have found a proven striker, he would have been just as sh*te as anyone else.
                          Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          He would of done.
                          He would of brought in someone like Hoilett at Cardiff who cost nothing and is smashing it.
                          Hes got the knack of finding gems and making them play for him.
                          Warnock already had one.. Austin.

had Warnock been given a deal until the end of that season, Austin might have stayed and fired in the goals to lift QPR into the play offs or better still, promotion.

Of course, he might also have sold Austin and spent the money on someone a lot better than Washington.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            Agreed, many seem to think it was all down to Taarabt, but they forget about the defence and midfield duo of Derry and Faurlin, plus the fact he bought in Routledge and Smith who added a bit extra when needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                              Can't disagree with any of that. But Warnock deserves a lot of credit for the way we were set up that season. He was very clever. He knew we had a player that was head and shoulders above anyone else in the league. All he needed to do was keep the rest simple and keep working hard on maintaining harmony in the squad, and we would be good enough to go up.

Sorry to say it, but I'm not sure our current boss would have been so successful with the same group of players.
                              IH would have binned Taarabt for not running around enough. !!

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                IH would have binned Taarabt for not running around enough. !!
                                I'm totally sure that you're right on that!

Comment

Working...
                                X