Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drossball Jimmy v Ian Hollowhead.

Just seen a stat on twitter (goddards)

Drossball achieved 54 points from 41 games.

Hollowhead has achieved 46 points from 41 games in charge.

my question is, which is more important to fans, points gained or effort given?

personally feel both are p!ss poor managers but which would you prefer.
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

100% with Ollie on this one , our effort and pressing football is a joy to watch compared to the boring dross of JFH , I`m enjoying going to HQ again ,where it had become a chore .
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Points all day long for me mate. I understand that some fans like to see us playing good football above anything else. For me, points are far more important. Nobody really remembers or cares how promoted teams got there, all that matters is that they will be playing Premiership football the following season.

What I will say I Holloways defence is that his points tally after 41 games is skewed slightly by the fact the players were on the beach for the last 6 or 7 games last season. I think we are actually on a far better trajectory now than we were under Jimmy.

Comment

I'd have the PE teacher back before Jimmy.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          I'd have the PE teacher back before Jimmy.
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Goddard was a great poster on here who's sorely missed.

Must admit that stat is shocking reading, however I don't accept it as a legitimate comparison, quite simply because JFH's time at QPR had quite clearly run it's course and it hadn't worked - whereas with IH it's very clearly still a work in progress and it would be madness to make a change now for many reasons.

I therefore wouldn't answer the question posed as it's a far too loaded one IMO.

Comment

Different shades of brown. Hard to pick. Still a pain to get off the bottom of your shoe if you step in it.

Players run around more under Ollie and some world class badge kissing but has been no actual improvement.

So much has improved at the club. Such a shame still can't get the manager right.

Comment

Jimmy was boring but I do wonder if he had had whole season last year would we have seen bit of an advancement in his game plan for this one. Arguement put forward for Olly is that he needs time should that also not have applied to him?? Guessing majority will say no

Personally was glad he went not massively impressed at the time with his replacement but got my head round it. But for me there is not much between them and it's much a muchness.

Think some are convincing themselves the football is better under Holloway but it's not the difference is the players are working harder and fighting which is excellent to watch but how many times have I walked out a game under Olly and thought wow that was good I'm entertained??? Can possibly count it on one hand

Comment

Holloway 100% over that Chelsea pr*ck

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    100% with Ollie on this one , our effort and pressing football is a joy to watch compared to the boring dross of JFH , I`m enjoying going to HQ again ,where it had become a chore .
                    yep everytime. main thing about being a fan is enjoying yourself and we got none of that under jfh apart from like 3 games

Comment

I wish we never sacked Warnock.
                      My favourite manager of all time.
                      Like the board a lot but letting him go when we had a chance the second time was criminal.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        I wish we never sacked Warnock.
                        My favourite manager of all time.
                        Like the board a lot but letting him go when we had a chance the second time was criminal.
                        Unless he could have found a proven striker, he would have been just as sh*te as anyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Unless he could have found a proven striker, he would have been just as sh*te as anyone else.
                          He would of done.
                          He would of brought in someone like Hoilett at Cardiff who cost nothing and is smashing it.
                          Hes got the knack of finding gems and making them play for him.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                            Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                            Goddard was a great poster on here who's sorely missed.

Must admit that stat is shocking reading, however I don't accept it as a legitimate comparison, quite simply because JFH's time at QPR had quite clearly run it's course and it hadn't worked - whereas with IH it's very clearly still a work in progress and it would be madness to make a change now for many reasons.

I therefore wouldn't answer the question posed as it's a far too loaded one IMO.
                            I agree with both members above, the players are giving us their all and IH still needs time.

Ollie needs this season to get us ready for next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              He would of done.
                              He would of brought in someone like Hoilett at Cardiff who cost nothing and is smashing it.
                              Hes got the knack of finding gems and making them play for him.
                              More like he would have brought in someone like Rob Hulse, DJ Campbell or Jay Bothroyd and we'd be exactly where we are now.

Comment

Working...
                              X