No announcement yet.

The Pawel Mystery...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He is not a wingback. He is a traditional winger.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
      He plays on the wing for Poland but Holloway has decided he is a RWB FFS! The result is he is half the player we are used to watching. Another act of genius from our manager.
      Yep, being played out of position. As is Bidwell who is not a left LWB. Ollie does not play to our strengths. Very frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
        The problem is that with Pawel and Bidwell playing as wing backs they are receiving the ball too far back and are crossing from deep positions. Against Burton for instance they did not get near the penalty area when they crossed and these are much easier for defenders to defend.
        Pawel is at his best when taking defenders on and should last season he was looking up and picking his target. This season it just seems to be a hopeful cross from deep into the box that is cleared.
        Agree with this, we definately do need out & out wingers especially at home.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

If his best position is as a right winger why is Holloway still trying to turn him into a wing back? That makes no sense as how can he ever show his best playing in less comfortable position. Weakens our team doing that.

Comment

This proves that Holloway sadly is a limited tactitian and etc.
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I am not 100% certain I agree.

I am not a man who says play a system for the players, I'm more a buy/pick the players for the system you want.

The thing that does genuinely confuses me though - if you want to play wing backs then why buy BOS and wheeler, who are out and out wingers.

I suspect things might change when we have a settled back line.

Comment

He's been poor because he's been asked to defend....which we do almost all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
                  I am not 100% certain I agree.

I am not a man who says play a system for the players, I'm more a buy/pick the players for the system you want.

The thing that does genuinely confuses me though - if you want to play wing backs then why buy BOS and wheeler, who are out and out wingers.

I suspect things might change when we have a settled back line.
                  Agree with that. And why loan Lua Lua?

For a team that wants to play 3-5-2, Ollie hasn't half signed a lot of players suited to 4-4-2.

Maybe you have a point, and tactics may change when we have more players fit. Only thing I will say is that he's had the personnel to put out a decent 4-4-2 in every game this season. If anything, centre half is where we have consistently been most depleted.

The mind boggles, doesn't it?!!

Comment

The key to being a good side is by playing the players in their best positions, and if a player is not having a good day then substitute him.

One player having an off day can cost the team points.

His gone from being so good to so poor?

Comment

Or... Just play 433... It's not like our strikers are any less likely to score if there is only one of them on the pitch. Keep that midfield trio together and get everyone else in the right position.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                        Or... Just play 433... It's not like our strikers are any less likely to score if there is only one of them on the pitch. Keep that midfield trio together and get everyone else in the right position.
                        Will never happen.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Working...
                        X