Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IF we are gonna be battling relegation this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF we are gonna be battling relegation this season?

Can we realistically hope to keep hold of Freeman past the end of this season?

Yes but we won't be in a relegation battle
    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

And the award for this week's most pointless post goes to............

Comment

I honestly don't see us in a relegation battle this season even with all our forward troubles.

There's 4-5 teams in a much worse state than us.

If I were Olly, I'd go to the board and tell them that if they give him a decent budget for the January window to find two strikers and a winger, then I believe we can push for top six next season, if not this one.

We've got a great keeper, our backs are very decent (Baptiste and Robinson are playing great at the moment, Bidwell is solid and we still have Perch, Ned and Hall coming back from injury) our midfield is phenomenal for championship level (we also have decent depth in Manning, Boyisek ect). It's just up front that's letting us down.

Wszolek is a good winger but at the moment all the pressure is on him to produce decent crosses, and other teams know that hence all the pressure they place on him. Lua Lua looks dangerous at times but is way to inconsistent. Our strikers are below par to say the least. Smith looks okay and could make a decent impact sub, but you definitely don't want him to be your clubs best striker, which he currently is. Sylla has potential but it is so damn lazy when the balls not in the box. Washington and Mackie are essentially the same player, starting one of them to run around and tire the defence out to later be subbed off could work, but the two of them together? Ehh.
        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger-JimBob View Post
          I honestly don't see us in a relegation battle this season even with all our forward troubles.

There's 4-5 teams in a much worse state than us.

If I were Olly, I'd go to the board and tell them that if they give him a decent budget for the January window to find two strikers and a winger, then I believe we can push for top six next season, if not this one.

We've got a great keeper, our backs are very decent (Baptiste and Robinson are playing great at the moment, Bidwell is solid and we still have Perch, Ned and Hall coming back from injury) our midfield is phenomenal for championship level (we also have decent depth in Manning, Boyisek ect). It's just up front that's letting us down.

Wszolek is a good winger but at the moment all the pressure is on him to produce decent crosses, and other teams know that hence all the pressure they place on him. Lua Lua looks dangerous at times but is way to inconsistent. Our strikers are below par to say the least. Smith looks okay and could make a decent impact sub, but you definitely don't want him to be your clubs best striker, which he currently is. Sylla has potential but it is so damn lazy when the balls not in the box. Washington and Mackie are essentially the same player, starting one of them to run around and tire the defence out to later be subbed off could work, but the two of them together? Ehh.
          Not forgetting we`ve got shodipo to come back from his injury aswell
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            Not forgetting we`ve got shodipo to come back from his injury aswell
            You love Shodipo almost as much as you love Ollie Pinks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              And the award for this week's most pointless post goes to............
              Sorry. I'll run any future posts by you first and wait for your approval!

Comment

Originally posted by guy.dunstan View Post
                Sorry. I'll run any future posts by you first and wait for your approval!
                I'd appreciate that mate. Thanks!

Comment

tickled me here, and tarbie he looked good last season the few times he played dont you think? not afraid to get at players and take them on and has a left cross on him
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

It's weird how most decent teams or teams up the top refuse to talk things up and instead talk about a target of 50pts or achieving safety yet it's sacrilegious for weaker teams to mention the possibility of being in trouble?
                    I just look at how many points we are from the top 6 and how many points we are above the drop zone and take a cue from that.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                          Yes but we won't be in a relegation battle
                          And why do you think that ?

Comment

By the way ,the relegation battle doesn't consist of just 4 or 5 teams,it usually and nearly always involes 8 or 9 teams

Comment

I think relegation is where we will be flirting. Look at the results today and they point to how tough it will be to survive. We look competitive but don't have the quality or organisation to survive. Can't blame Ollie, can't blame the players. We are a league 1 outfit. Bolton and Sunderland will get at least a point which will confirm what we all want to deny. We are $hit.

Burton, Barnsley and us must be favourites. Birmingham are in the mix but better than us.

Comment

Working...
                              X