Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why take off our best winger then play with 3 strikers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
    I'd rather Cheryl Cole!
    that made me laugh , carlton 'donkey ' cole no thanks

Comment

Playing too far forward, backs to goal, few crosses, its not surprising that our poor forwards look even worse.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Far too early to be drinking bud.
        ....or smoking herb!!!!

Comment

Not easy to win headers with your back to the goal dealing with hoofball whilst you have a big ugly centre back going through you from behind.
          Agree, and besides this isn't playing to Smith's strengths, which is when he's facing the goal and attacking the ball from wide crosses. He's no Zamora who could act as a battering ram playling with his back to goal, hold up the ball and knock it on to a team-mate. This has never been Smith's game. #SquarePegsAgain

You need to play wingers and get the ball in from wide where the forward can attack the ball. This is basic football and Smith won loads when we delivered quality from wide, ie. the goal.
          Which is exactly my point in the OP.

In Ollie's defence, I concede that Pav was struggling, but again to take off your best winger then stick 3 up front only to starve them of adequate service just made zero tactical sense IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            Agree, and besides this isn't playing to Smith's strengths, which is when he's facing the goal and attacking the ball from wide crosses. He's no Zamora who could act as a battering ram playling with his back to goal, hold up the ball and knock it on to a team-mate. This has never been Smith's game. #SquarePegsAgain

Which is exactly my point in the OP.

In Ollie's defence, I concede that Pav was struggling, but again to take off your best winger then stick 3 up front only to starve them of adequate service just made zero tactical sense IMO.
            disagree thought they got plenty of service at the end , freeman was alive did more in 10 mins than pav did all game

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              disagree thought they got plenty of service at the end , freeman was alive did more in 10 mins than pav did all game
              I said from wide positions or the byline. Not angled balls into the box from deeper positions, which does not play to any of the 3 strikers' strengths, and which their CBs will lap up all day long.

At the very least he should have brought on another winger to replace Pavel, and play with 2 strikers instead of 3, which would have created more goalscoring opportunities by improving the supply line.

Comment

I said from wide positions or the byline. Not angled balls into the box from deeper positions, which does not play to any of the 3 strikers' strengths, and which their CBs will lap up all day long.

At the very least he should have brought on another winger to replace Pavel, and play with 2 strikers instead of 3, which would have created more goalscoring opportunities by improving the supply line.
                they had enough chances to score regardless of what angle the ball comes at them

Comment

Yeah, thought it was very odd bringing on strikers and having no-one to put a decent ball into the box. Pawel needs to be dropped though. Been great for us at times but not happening for him atm.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Yeah, thought it was very odd bringing on strikers and having no-one to put a decent ball into the box. Pawel needs to be dropped though. Been great for us at times but not happening for him atm.
                    I thought Wheeler looked proper lively when he came on. I'd like to see him start ahead of Pav next game.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

the thinking behind such a move?
                      Olly doesn't do much of that.

Comment

Are we really expecting to find a logical reason behind Hollowhead's decsions?

Comment

Could only really have taken Mackie off first without being slated IMO.

Comment

Pav was poor but he isn't a wingback in a million years. Kid plays on the right wing for Poland, we play Mackie there last 25mins when chasing the game and relying on him to put in crosses to the giant in the box - Big mistake from Ollie.

Surely its time to go 4 at the back and give our wingers license to get forward and get crosses in? Means Freeman left wing, but what a wand of a leftie he has - Cookesque.
                            Totally agree about the 1st point and was thinking of posting a thread about playing 442 with Freeman on the left wing and Pawel on the right. I think I responded to a thread at the weekend about breaking up the midfield trio and using Freeman on the wing.

QPR could use any combination of Sylla or Smith partnered with either Wheeler or Washington, but I guess we know that IH wont be doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

that's because he is not a wing back.

just as Yeni is not a midfielder or Santos was a striker.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                [/B]

that's because he is not a wing back.

just as Yeni is not a midfielder or Santos was a striker.
                                You're right, he's not, but imo it's his attacking game that's lacking, not his defensive one. He seems terrified to run at defenders and can't seem to put a decent cross in, often opting to pass it back into midfield.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2