Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why take off our best winger then play with 3 strikers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is smith really that good with his head ?
    Last edited by dogsrrs; 30-09-2017, 08:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
      Is we might really that good with his head ?
      Yeh I reckon he's pretty good in the air at this level. He needs a foil up front tho, 1 up is not they way.... Play Wheeler or Wash up front with him for knockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
        Yeh but just imagine Freeman wide on the left planting lovely crosses on Matt Smiths head for 90minutes. It would be like Cook/Blackstock again.
        Your right can see attraction of that in fairness. What do we lose from middle doing that maybe chance for wheeler go middle see what he can do

Comment

Westy. Think Robbo is better in a back 3 rather than as a left back as his reading of the game and covering was very very good last night as for Furlong no way as he is worse defensively than lynch showed last night. We should look at 2 out and holding midfielders with freeman and luongo roaming to do whatever they want with solid players out wide.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Your right can see attraction of that in fairness. What do we lose from middle doing that maybe chance for wheeler go middle see what he can do
            Yeh its swings and roundabouts west..... I can see why you dont wanna change the middle 3 because they have been class, but Bidwell and Pav are not wingbacks and playing 2 Cb's instead of 3 would help seeing as we are bare bones in that position.

We need to play to our players strengths imo, and that 2 Fb's 2Cb's 2 wingers and 2 CF's. Its the Qpr way, Impey/Sinton/Sinclair on the wings and Big Les heading in the crosses. Mas and Scowen can hold midfield no problem.

Comment

The one certainty after last night is Mackie should never start again.

Comment

Smithies won more headers last night then Smith

Comment

Alot of Master tacticians on this thread! Joking aside with better use of what we have available we would have won, just for the record we should never have lost as we was very unlucky not to get a second goal, lynch is a bit of a caveman, miles behind everything

Comment

Not easy to win headers with your back to the goal dealing with hoofball whilst you have a big ugly centre back going through you from behind.
                    You need to play wingers and get the ball in from wide where the forward can attack the ball. This is basic football and Smith won loads when we delivered quality from wide, ie. the goal.

Comment

O for a Charlie Austin, what a difference he would have made last night
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Agree Bakes, Makes the decision to sub Pav more bizarre as he was our only out and out wide player on show last night. The ball down the middle was dealt with quite well but we never really put that Button under too much pressure bar the last 15 minutes or so.

Comment

If our chances went in we wouldnt be having this thread. Lynch has only just come back...forced ?

Comment

Forgetting Smith's headed assist? ;)

Comment

Big yawning space on our right from the 60th minute. Forcing Freeman inside every time. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                                Anybody got a view whether free agent Carlton Cole on short term deal untill January might help out up front !
                                I'd rather Cheryl Cole!

Comment

Working...
                                X