Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why take off our best winger then play with 3 strikers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why take off our best winger then play with 3 strikers??

...all of whom were then starved of any service?

Just wondering what was the thinking behind such a move? Only reason I can think of is Pav wasn't having his best game but he was still the only player on the pitch with the ability to either put decent crosses into the box from wide areas, or to get to the byline and do the same.

Baffling decision only starting with and perservering with Mackie made less sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      ...all of whom were then starved of any service?

Just wondering what was the thinking behind such a move? Only reason I can think of is Pav wasn't having his best game but he was still the only player on the pitch with the ability to put decent crosses into the box from wide areas or to get to the byline and do the same.
      Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Baffling decision only starting with and perservering with Mackie made less sense.
      Both those decisions beggar belief. It makes me think, sadly, Ollie's a m oron. Mackie can't be indulged, let along persevered with. Why some folk gave him a standing ovation is beyond me.

Comment

77 it is what it is with Holloway and the Mackie thing needs to stop as the bloke is just a joke now and as a team we are not good enough to play with 10 men.

Comment

Pav was awful tonight, and has been steadily declining since the Millwall game imo.
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Pav was poor but he isn't a wingback in a million years. Kid plays on the right wing for Poland, we play Mackie there last 25mins when chasing the game and relying on him to put in crosses to the giant in the box - Big mistake from Ollie.

Surely its time to go 4 at the back and give our wingers license to get forward and get crosses in? Means Freeman left wing, but what a wand of a leftie he has - Cookesque.

Comment

We do not have the personnel to play with wing backs as Bidwell is about as poor as you can get in that position. If 4 at the back means Robbo and Baptiste then fine as it would mean Lynch on the sidelines as he cost us the game last night.

Comment

We do not have the personnel to play with wing backs as Bidwell is about as poor as you can get in that position. If 4 at the back means Robbo and Baptiste then fine as it would mean Lynch on the sidelines as he cost us the game last night.
                Yeh I agree with this.

Actually like Lynch but he's gotta keep his nut down and do what he does best, heading and hoofing the ball into row Z. When he has to think about things or tries to control the ball is when he gets into a shitstorm..... Bloke is also a walking red card.

Comment

Bakes. Lynch is without doubt targetted by teams as he too slow and cumbersome when turned as shown last night. For me a total liability and would not have him anywhere near the starting line up.

Comment

I would be tempted keep Freeman in middle playing right off front man but in a free role so we keep middle three as it is as that's our strength and would be loathed to mess with it. So for me 451 so we have wingers to put ball in the box and I would tell LB and RB to get forward and support wingers so that means two FB with engines so Furlong and Robinson

Would be a different side playing that way

Comment

Bakes. Lynch is without doubt targetted by teams as he too slow and cumbersome when turned as shown last night. For me a total liability and would not have him anywhere near the starting line up.
                      Lots of players are slow and cumbersome, Per Mertesaker turns like the USS Ronald Regan but he won 100+ Germany caps and won all sorts of honors. Kaspar Gorkks was slower than me nan but he led us to the Championship no problem.

I aint defending Lynch cos last night was a shocker, but if he helps himself and plays to his strengths and keeps it simple he could be ok at this level.

Comment

Originally posted by bakes8 View Post
                        Yeh I agree with this.

Actually like Lynch but he's gotta keep his nut down and do what he does best, heading and hoofing the ball into row Z. When he has to think about things or tries to control the ball is when he gets into a shitstorm..... Bloke is also a walking red card.
                        Said in other thread last night he's playing wrong era as putting ball on head is only thing he's good at but unfortunately not many teams in modern day play that way so he can excel hence why he's so exposed

Comment

Anybody got a view whether free agent Carlton Cole on short term deal untill January might help out up front !

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                            I would be tempted keep Freeman in middle playing right off front man but in a free role so we keep middle three as it is as that's our strength and would be loathed to mess with it. So for me 451 so we have wingers to put ball in the box and I would tell LB and RB to get forward and support wingers so that means two FB with engines so Furlong and Robinson

Would be a different side playing that way
                            Yeh but just imagine Freeman wide on the left planting lovely crosses on Matt Smiths head for 90minutes. It would be like Cook/Blackstock again.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Anybody got a view whether free agent Carlton Cole on short term deal untill January might help out up front !
                              Far too early to be drinking bud.

Comment

Working...
                              X