Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why take off our best winger then play with 3 strikers??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    [/B]

that's because he is not a wing back.

just as Yeni is not a midfielder or Santos was a striker.
    Maybe not but he has actually had good games in the role too but his form has noticeably dipped of late

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
      You're right, he's not, but imo it's his attacking game that's lacking, not his defensive one. He seems terrified to run at defenders and can't seem to put a decent cross in, often opting to pass it back into midfield.
      Bang on. Confidence looks shot to pieces going forward. Not like the Pav we saw give Reading a nightmare last season at their place.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
        Bang on. Confidence looks shot to pieces going forward. Not like the Pav we saw give Reading a nightmare last season at their place.
        You're bang on too. Pav has lost his confidence bombing to the byline cos he is worried that if he lost the ball no one is in his "other job". Its up to Ollie to drum into players that they should work more off the ball to cover him.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
          You're bang on too. Pav has lost his confidence bombing to the byline cos he is worried that if he lost the ball no one is in his "other job". Its up to Ollie to drum into players that they should work more off the ball to cover him.
          I think this is closer to the truth. I don't think we'd have seen this dip in form if he'd been left to play in his best position i.e. an out and out winger! #SquarePegsRoundHoles

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
            I think this is closer to the truth. I don't think we'd have seen this dip in form if he'd been left to play in his best position i.e. an out and out winger! #SquarePegsRoundHoles
            You're right. If he had a full back behind him he might be a bit more confident going forward.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              You're right. If he had a full back behind him he might be a bit more confident going forward.
              Funnily enough his best game (IMO) at Reading he had Furlong behind him who inspires little confidence in any of us !

That was a good side looking back on it.......personally think 4-3-3 is our proper formation.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Funnily enough his best game (IMO) at Reading he had Furlong behind him who inspires little confidence in any of us !

That was a good side looking back on it.......personally think 4-3-3 is our proper formation.
                I agree. Never liked the 2 wing backs idea. Would much rather have a back 4. Furlong and Bidwell FB with Robinson and Baptiste CB (at the moment).
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  That's what I was thinking as well.

Comment

Working...
                  X