On way home | QPR 1 Fulham 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home | QPR 1 Fulham 2

Totally baffled how we lost that one, was probably a great game for the neutral, Fulham were battered for the last 25 minutes and tried every time wasting trick in the book.
    Fulham are a decent side and knock the ball about well, especially in the first half.
    Again I think it took Holloway a long time to get the team balanced, again Mackie contrbuted nothing to the team and it is now getting a joke that he starts every match.

Pavel is another player whose contribution of late is not enough, he never takes on the last defender and his crossing and shooting is woeful.
    Hopefully when all players are fit we will revert to 4-4-2, which I think suits our squad
    Midfield trio worked their nuts off driving the team forward, defence was split open a few to many times but still thought back 3 played ok.

Towards the end we had chance after chance to score but it was not to be.
    I feel we have the makings of a decent team if Holloway could get the right blend, and play a balanced team.
    Cannot be to downbeat tonight as the defeat was a kick in the nuts.

Final note on Fulham fans, young kids who think their the dogs, however they are up there with Palace as being embarrassing.
    Last edited by Romford Hoop; 29-09-2017, 10:30 PM.

Can't disagree with any of that.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Totally agree.
      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
      Work Best When Open...
      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Yeah decent post.

I was impressed with Freeman he looks like he can make things happen but we look toothless up top.

Stick smith up front and play two wingers who will put decent crosses in and we might look a bit more dangerous

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
          Totally baffled how we lost that one, was probably a great game for the neutral, Fulham were battered for the last 25 minutes and tried every time wasting trick in the book.
          Fulham are a decent side and knock the ball about well, especially in the first half.
          Again I think it took Holloway a long time to get the team balanced, again Mackie contrbuted nothing to the team and it is now getting a joke that he starts every match.

Pavel is another player whose contribution of late is not enough, he never takes on the last defender and his crossing and shooting is woeful.
          Hopefully when all players are fit we will revert to 4-4-2, which I think suits our squad
          Midfield trio worked their nuts off driving the team forward, defence was split open a few to many times but still thought back 3 played ok.

I feel we have the makings of a decent team if Holloway could get the right blend, and play a balanced team.

Final note on Fulham fans, young kids who think there the dogs, however they are up there with Palace as being embarrassing.
          totally agree with everything there.
          good shout on pavel....dose'nt do it of late.
          freeman, scowens, luongo....head and shoulders above everyone else barring smithies who put our forwards to shame at the end winning that header from a corner, ok he missed, but he got to it.

and 100% on that ridiculous 5 at the back with two wingers. 4-4 -2, so much better.

Comment

Worst Fulham side we have faced in years and we still lost. Defensively as bad as us but we never tested them

Comment

Better team lost , freeman head and shoulders the best player on the park!! Deflected goal won it for the posh boys. Hope our lads stole their pocket money after the game .
              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

none of our strikers can finish thats why we lose games

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Worst Fulham side we have faced in years and we still lost. Defensively as bad as us but we never tested them
                  Agree with this. Missing their best player also

Comment

Let's be honest everything went their way. We didn't deserve to lose that game. Well they certainly didn't deserve to win it.

Comment

well said Romford, much as I saw it. I stood with my brother at the Bishops End when we lost 6-0, which was the gulf between us, tonight I felt a draw would have been a fair result.
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        Let's be honest everything went their way. We didn't deserve to lose that game. Well they certainly didn't deserve to win it.
                        When you select lynch you deserve what you get as his precence unfortunately means your going give away cheap free kicks around the box and pens as he did. He's playing in the wrong era if he was playing in 80/90s when you could kick strikers in the air and just put head on the ball he would be an international but footballs moved on and he's stood still

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          well said Romford, much as I saw it. I stood with my brother at the Bishops End when we lost 6-0, which was the gulf between us, tonight I felt a draw would have been a fair result.
                          that's the putney end

Comment

Just back, agree with the above.

Wing back system isn't working with Bidwell all at sea on one side and Pawel has lost his edge as an attacking force. Needs an Isla type to make it work.

Luongo very impressive, much tougher on the ball this season. Freeman is class. Need a finisher, Hall to come back and defensive signings in Jan.

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post

Final note on Fulham fans, young kids who think their the dogs, however they are up there with Palace as being embarrassing.
                              Agree with all of that and will add that we have no pace which is cray when you think how small our pitch is!

Comment

Working...
                              X