No announcement yet.

If you could choose...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Being honest if the question was beat Chelsea at Stamford bridge 10-0 or England win the World Cup and the euros I’d take beating Chelsea,,,

Comment

love England to bits, but considering the amount of money over the season I spend on qpr it has to be the r's.
      even with a couple of England games at Wembley every year, qpr easily outweighs the cost, and 30/35 games home and away.

it'd be like buying your own house, but sleeping in the park if i'd have picked England winning the world cup over qpr.

Comment

I'm a Sweaty with an English accent, so International football really passes me by. The 2 sporting teams I'm passionate about are QPR and the British Lions. I will keep an eye out for both Scotland and England when it comes to football and Rugby, but I'd certainly never get too distraught or excited over an England football game.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          That is a bit extreme isn't it Kev?
          I used to be always surprised how some people chose club over country but as I say I am about 50-50 now. Doesn't make me any less of a QPR fan does it?
          Why extreme ? The FA dont give a rat's #### about the smaller clubs look at ffp cobblers. They employ yes men the majority of the time we will win nothing by allowing so many overseas players but the premier league's a cash cow so it's ignored. Even in junior football it's money making 4k collected from fines at u6s football locally. The FA is an antiquated regime thats won 1 tournament in 100 odd years. 1st and foremost I'm a rs fan any success for QPR comes 1st for me. If English football want to win in tournaments our structure needs to encourage English players first.

Comment

At this point beating Fulham tonight means more to me than England win the world cup.

No even a difficult choice! QPR every time!

Comment

I'd take the FA Cup over the league (current one we are in) any day of the week. Day out at Wembley then European tour in the next season.....love it.

FA Cup or Premier League? Probably still the cup....just love the knock-out aspect of it.

Comment

QPR always come first, however I'd like to see us win the World Cup too one day. I know it's a miracle but the year QPR win the PL, will be the year we win the World Cup.

Comment

Wonder if fans of other clubs, and nationalities, feel the same way - overwhelming support for club over country?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
                    Wonder if fans of other clubs, and nationalities, feel the same way - overwhelming support for club over country?
                    Probably affected by the size of the club too; QPR are a small club and England are (debatably) heavyweights on the world stage. If you asked a Kazakhstani Chelsea fan, they'd probably be country all the way.
                    You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Originally posted by Brisbane View Post
                      Probably affected by the size of the club too; QPR are a small club and England are (debatably) heavyweights on the world stage. If you asked a Kazakhstani Chelsea fan, they'd probably be country all the way.
                      Aye, I get that. What about a German Leverkusen fan or Welsh Cardiff?

Comment

Originally posted by Dunraven View Post
                        Would imagine those who see their players regularly playing for England may view it differently.

Overall I would bet club beats country everytime though.

Comment

On hols at the moment and there has been Spanish or Italian football on in the bars every night..........Spanish teams seem to have mostly Spanish players, likewise Italians in Italian teams. The quality of individual players is high and the football is terrific at least some of the time. England winning the World Cup? Not while the Prem attracts so many foreigners. I don't hold with the theory that they improve our players - where's the evidence, with people on this thread saying they wouldn't cross the road to watch the national team?

Comment

Working...
                          X