10 games in, we're 14th.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    Not so sure we'll finish any higher than this, our away form is awful, and failed to win the last 2 home games, our home form needs to hold up our could be up $hit creek
    How come do you not seem to take into account we`ve got umpteen injuries?!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      How come do you not seem to take into account we`ve got umpteen injuries?!
      who says I haven't, still don't think we'll finish higher than we are now, No win in what 11-12 away games 9 defeats and that's not all down to injuries, our away form is awful so if there's no great change away from home, and our home form goes as I said we're up $hit creek,

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        who says I haven't, still don't think we'll finish higher than we are now, No win in what 11-12 away games 9 defeats and that's not all down to injuries, our away form is awful so if there's no great change away from home, and our home form goes as I said we're up $hit creek,
        Away form is poor but there are a lot of sides in the same boat in this league which is part of the reason why it is so tight between places. Keep that home form like you say and we'll be closer to PO than relegation (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
          I tend to agree Kev. A draw last night at Barnsley was a good result.

Basically we probably have the worst strike force in the league, let's face it, even Sylla is only average at best. This is what happens when you try to compete in the league on such a tight budget. One decent striker would make a huge amount of difference. We have a decent midfield and a below average defence. Therefore I'd say currently we're punching above our weight, so kudos to Ollie for that.

However, where Ollie screws up for me is his failure to bring on our young talent. For me, Eze is ezily our best striker, from what I've seen of him. He should be playing for the first team, on the bench at the very least. Kakay similarly should be featuring. Ollie has always been over-reliant on experienced players, he doesn't seem to trust youth. Hopefully Shodipo will get a look in soon. But the bottom line is our attack is a joke. We just cant compete if we can't score goals. So on that basis, we're actually doing better than we should.
          Really good and sensible post

Comment

Why does everyone keep harping on about injuries. The midfield 3 last night is the best we got. The forwards Mackie Washington and Smith are all fit. Ollie says Sylla is injured but rarely plays him anyway. Wszolek is no. 1 choice. Left wing/back is a bit of a sore point with either a left back playing there or 3 or 4 others not taking their chances to keep that position even when fit and given the chance. (Lua Lua, Yeni, Bright) Shodipo will probably not feature and be loaned out again in January. So for me the only players that would come back in once fit are Onouha, Lynch, Perch, Hall. All defenders. The midfield and forward line is pretty much how it will be even if we have everybody fit. As has been proved since Ollie took over. Even the new guy Wheeler can't get a game when the other forwards aren't scoring. If i have left anyone out please feel free to tell me.

Comment

Originally posted by qprjeff1882 View Post
              Why does everyone keep harping on about injuries. The midfield 3 last night is the best we got. The forwards Mackie Washington and Smith are all fit. Ollie says Sylla is injured but rarely plays him anyway. Wszolek is no. 1 choice. Left wing/back is a bit of a sore point with either a left back playing there or 3 or 4 others not taking their chances to keep that position even when fit and given the chance. (Lua Lua, Yeni, Bright) Shodipo will probably not feature and be loaned out again in January. So for me the only players that would come back in once fit are Onouha, Lynch, Perch, Hall. All defenders. The midfield and forward line is pretty much how it will be even if we have everybody fit. As has been proved since Ollie took over. Even the new guy Wheeler can't get a game when the other forwards aren't scoring. If i have left anyone out please feel free to tell me.
              Why? any team that has pretty much all of their defense wiped out would struggle let alone strikers out and others, seen enough of people slating us when we`ve done well against someone to bang on about they had a couple of main players out, but its different when its us!
              http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Your right and I said this in another thread. Injuries are merely an excuse defenders aside everyone Ollie likes is their to be picked. Injuries in defence but at current time it's not the primary concern

Comment

Why does everyone keep harping on about injuries.
                  Do agree but would add that we would arguably have a better back line with some of those that are out at the moment.

Comment

Perch is my favourite defender and Hall is very good as well.
                    Those are the two injuries that id harp on about.
                    Losing your captain for months is a bit of a downer as well.
                    Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 27-09-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Not kinda getting at the defence as a problem. Yes we would all like them back but in saying that. Even with them we still shipped goals. The problem for many years is that we don't have many who can consistently score goals. The offensive players (midfielders wingers and forwards) are currently either all fit and playing, don't get games regularly even when they are fit. Or at least a good old run in the side. The lack of goals scored is what may cost us many 3 points this season.
                      And before anyone says im a moaner. I'm not at all lol just stating what i see. Time the board invested in a proper goal poacher. But we know they won't.
                      Last edited by qprjeff1882; 27-09-2017, 06:18 PM.

Comment

We have injuries but have good goalie, strong midfield and wingers. Defence struggling and weak upfront but with latter Ollie doesn't make the most of it. Even if Smith had a slight injury should have played at least 45 mins. Mackie on his own or with CW just gives us no presence notwithstanding their willingness to run. I don't get it. Makes us so weak and nowhere near enough threat.

Comment

How about Charlie back on loan in Jan. Lol. Not getting a look in at Saints

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                            Do agree but would add that we would arguably have a better back line with some of those that are out at the moment.
                            I don't think so mushy I think the defenders that are out is a blessing Robinson at centre half is a find Baptese well you can why Ollie brought him in so we're only one short I don't know who we would bring back with the plss head back in the side
                            SORRY MUSHY I FARKED UP IN OTHER WORDS I DO AGREE

Comment

How about Charlie back on loan in Jan. Lol. Not getting a look in at Saints
                              If dreams came true.
                              Even with us being pretty average we are only ever one of his poachers goals from winning near on every game.
                              Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 27-09-2017, 06:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                                If dreams came true.
                                Even with us being pretty average we are only ever one of his poachers goals from winning near on every game.
                                Can't see Charlie being happy with not ever playing though. Always been the main man. If it carries on would think he'd be moving on.

Comment

Working...
                                X