Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    Hahaha un fok in believable, made me spit my tea out this has im with dogs post under the expert furtives
    We know your specs are a tiny bit rose tinted when it comes to your hero!

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      We know your specs are a tiny bit rose tinted when it comes to your hero!
      http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

I like some of the players Ollie has brought in but suspect overall scouting system down to Sir Les.

As for building for the future very little to do with Ollie. Definitely Sir Les, Chris Ramsey etc.
        Wasn't there another scouting shake since Ollie came in ? Didn't Penrice come in after Ollie joined ? Most of ###'s signings are or were crap luongo and smithies apart and smithies was earmarked under Redknapp

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          Wasn't there another scouting shake since Ollie came in ? Didn't Penrice come in after Ollie joined ? Most of ###'s signings are or were crap luongo and smithies apart and smithies was earmarked under Redknapp
          Case closed youre honour
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

OMG read it all now ! It's due to Holloway we are getting better players and have a better scouting system and building for the future or is just a coincidence that that has came about since Ollie has returned to the club
            Not being funny, but the changes to the youth set-up and scouting are not down to Holloway. Les and Ramsey have been working hard on improving that side of the club for a number of years now. Ollie may have had some input and influence on Penrice coming to the club, but that's about it. Of course he also had influence on the players we have signed during his tenure, but that has been the same for every manager since Les came in.

Where Ollie does deserve credit is for having the balls to play youth players. Previous managers really didn't utilise our young players much at all (well aside from Ramsey, but I'd rather not talk too much about his time as manager).

I think this is what could potentially save us as a club at the highest level. If we can start producing young players that can cut in the first team, and possibly eventually move on for decent fees, the landscape would look a lot different. I always use Southampton as a good example. Well run club, that bring through loads of good young players, many of which are sold for very good prices.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 29-09-2017, 07:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Not being funny, but the changes to the youth set-up and scouting are not down to Holloway. Les and Ramsey have been working hard on improving that side of the club for a number of years now. Ollie may have had some input and influence on Penrice coming to the club, but that's about it. Of course he also had influence on the players we have signed during his tenure, but that has been the same for every manager since Les came in.

Where Ollie does deserve credit is for having the balls to play youth players. Previous managers really didn't utilise our young players much at all (well aside from Ramsey, but I'd rather not talk too much about his time as manager).

I think this is what could potentially save us as a club at the highest level. If we can start producing young players that can cut in the first team, and possibly eventually move on for decent fees, the landscape would look a lot different. I always use Southampton as a good example. Well run club, that bring through loads of good young players, many of which are sold for very good prices.
              I think we are also moving to the way Crewe used to operate under Dario Gradi by taking premier league cast offs and devlopeing them

Yep your right Les and Ramsey have been working on a scouting and the development side but as you say Ollie's influence on penrise coming now think back to the latest scouting revamp since then , and since that there are pointers that a better quality of youngster being brought in later with some of ###'s youngsters being moved on , and what Im talking about is players being brought in for the under 23s that is also Ollie building development nothing to go with Ramsey's participation at the club
              Last edited by dogsrrs; 29-09-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

I think we are also moving to the way Crewe used to operate under Dario Gradi by taking premier league cast offs and devlopeing them

Yep your right Les and Ramsey have been working on a scouting and the development side but as you say Ollie's influence on penrise coming now think back to the latest scouting revamp since then , and since that there are pointers that a better quality of youngster being brought in later with some of ###'s youngsters being moved on , and what Im talking about is players being brought in for the under 23s that is also Ollie building development nothing to go with Ramsey's participation at the club
                I don’t get the desperation to credit Ollie with all this? A lot has been achieved over the last two years and this falls under Les’ responsibility. We started from having a risible youth system producing nothing worthwhile. We have begun to see youngsters getting a bit of game time although mainly limited to Furlong with Manning around the edges. It will take several more years to see how effective the work being done now will be. I doubt Ollie goes anywhere near the U23 squad!

So one youngster gets regular game time, partly due to Perch being out. Ollie is hardly flooding the first team with youngsters, aside from the odd disastrous Cup game! I wouldn’t expect him to. I doubt any are at a level yet where they should be.

Ollie is pretty clear about his role. Look after the first team. Let Les know what types of players he wants. Les goes away and draws up a list of potentials, they discuss it and agree out of that list the club try and sign. As part of this process Ollie will likely suggest some names. Ollie deserves some credit for being part of this process.

Can’t remember if Ollie suggested Penrice came in or if that came from Les but at most Ollie advised Les to get him in. That was it. He is not involved beyond that and does not claim to be.

The only people who seem confused about Ollie’s role are the Olliettes who, if they could, would probably credit him with the sun rising in the morning! You guys need to reign in your expectations of him. He is but one man, not the messiah you believe him to be!

Comment

Not being funny, but the changes to the youth set-up and scouting are not down to Holloway. Les and Ramsey have been working hard on improving that side of the club for a number of years now.
                  Are my eyes deceiving me? LF getting some credit on this Forum !!!??

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                    Are my eyes deceiving me? LF getting some credit on this Forum !!!??
                    Don't get me wrong, I think he's far from the perfect DoF. But credit where credit's due, him and Ramsey have got a lot more talent coming through our youth set up than I can ever remember in my 20 odd years of following Rangers.

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I think he's far from the perfect DoF. But credit where credit's due, him and Ramsey have got a lot more talent coming through our youth set up than I can ever remember in my 20 odd years of following Rangers.
                      Spot on. LF has been quietly getting youth players in for years now. Hopefully we'll reap the benefits of this through the first team or, failing that, through funding like we did with Josh Bowler.

Comment

I don’t get the desperation to credit Ollie with all this? A lot has been achieved over the last two years and this falls under Les’ responsibility. We started from having a risible youth system producing nothing worthwhile. We have begun to see youngsters getting a bit of game time although mainly limited to Furlong with Manning around the edges. It will take several more years to see how effective the work being done now will be. I doubt Ollie goes anywhere near the U23 squad!

So one youngster gets regular game time, partly due to Perch being out. Ollie is hardly flooding the first team with youngsters, aside from the odd disastrous Cup game! I wouldn’t expect him to. I doubt any are at a level yet where they should be.

Ollie is pretty clear about his role. Look after the first team. Let Les know what types of players he wants. Les goes away and draws up a list of potentials, they discuss it and agree out of that list the club try and sign. As part of this process Ollie will likely suggest some names. Ollie deserves some credit for being part of this process.

Can’t remember if Ollie suggested Penrice came in or if that came from Les but at most Ollie advised Les to get him in. That was it. He is not involved beyond that and does not claim to be.

The only people who seem confused about Ollie’s role are the Olliettes who, if they could, would probably credit him with the sun rising in the morning! You guys need to reign in your expectations of him. He is but one man, not the messiah you believe him to be!
                        Yes I agree Ollie has little to do with under 23s , there's no desperation to credit Ollie with anything other than than the quality of football we are playing ! I don't think it's as plain as you that say Ollie goes to Les for a player and Les earmarks certain players I'm sure it more a case of Ollie and Les goes to Penrice for players and he with the other scouts search out for required players for Hoos to sanction

Comment

Spot on. LF has been quietly getting youth players in for years now. Hopefully we'll reap the benefits of this through the first team or, failing that, through funding like we did with Josh Bowler.
                          He's only been dof for two and a half years

Comment

He's only been dof for two and a half years
                            More than a year isn't it? Hence "years"

Have a look how many youth players have been signed since 2015
                            Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 29-09-2017, 01:19 PM.

Comment

More than a year isn't it? Hence "years"

Have a look how many youth players have been signed since 2015.
                              You tell me mate

Comment

Yes I agree Ollie has little to do with under 23s , there's no desperation to credit Ollie with anything other than than the quality of football we are playing ! I don't think it's as plain as you that say Ollie goes to Les for a player and Les earmarks certain players I'm sure it more a case of Ollie and Les goes to Penrice for players and he with the other scouts search out for required players for Hoos to sanction
                                My version was the short one! Yes it would be up to scouts to act on their instructions otherwise no point having them.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the quality of football ... First three home games were decent. We have showed more fight in a lot of games. But 3-4-3 is ok but no more than that. On a poor run of games. Failing to beat Barnsley, Millwall and Burton cannot be seen as good. He needs to pick it up and soon, particularly given how badly he did last season. If he doesn't we will be down lower end again and I don't believe he has the nouse to get us out of trouble once we are there.

I'd give him about 20 games to show us what he can do this season. If he does well I will be happy. If he doesn't I just hope the Board has the balls to get him out and get someone else in before it's too late.

Comment

Working...
                                X