No announcement yet.

Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

According to Wiki (so may not be 100% bang up to date) Ollie's record in his second coming is 14-7-22.

Now whilst we have seen an improvement on last season in results and performances (aside from League Cup, Norwich and last few games) we have been no more than bang average and are on a run of 3 points from 5 games and those 3 points were against poor sides in games we really should have won or at least got 7 points from in total. No wins in last 12 away games.

Not sure why happy clappers drooling so much over Ollie. They cite lack of spending but squad largely intact and was added to in January and few more over summer. Yes we have weaknesses but overall should have a capable team. A league run of 3-4-3 is hardly over performing. If our current dip continues we will arguably be under performing.

I wouldn't advocate getting rid of Ollie just yet. Need a bit longer to properly gauge either way this season but jury has to be out based on his record. He really should have been gone after last season so has been given the gift of a second chance. With any luck he can take it.

Overall things looking good at club for reasons others have set out. We just need to ensure we have the right manager.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
      According to Wiki (so may not be 100% bang up to date) Ollie's record in his second coming is 14-7-22.

Now whilst we have seen an improvement on last season in results and performances (aside from League Cup, Norwich and last few games) we have been no more than bang average and are on a run of 3 points from 5 games and those 3 points were against poor sides in games we really should have won or at least got 7 points from in total. No wins in last 12 away games.

Not sure why happy clappers drooling so much over Ollie. They cite lack of spending but squad largely intact and was added to in January and few more over summer. Yes we have weaknesses but overall should have a capable team. A league run of 3-4-3 is hardly over performing. If our current dip continues we will arguably be under performing.

I wouldn't advocate getting rid of Ollie just yet. Need a bit longer to properly gauge either way this season but jury has to be out based on his record. He really should have been gone after last season so has been given the gift of a second chance. With any luck he can take it.

Overall things looking good at club for reasons others have set out. We just need to ensure we have the right manager.
      Ill be honest I'm not a big ollie fan, however through either his fault or DOF our signings upfront are poor. Now the bottom line is ollie and co do the training simply work out your best options up front and go from there as coaching experimenting should be done there. washington and mackie aint working so why switch to it last night?

secondly start with a team that starts well not mix it all up at HT imo thats whoever job it is to scout opponents to get a starting line up with how they play in mind. and stop having one eye on the next game in mind with your starting 11 as it aint complicated to work out.

Comment

Six points from the last five games isn't it? And only lost one of those games to one of the promotion favourites.
        Please don't think I'm being a happy clapper drooling over IH though. There are a lot of us on the fence.
        Last edited by CroydonCaptainJack; 27-09-2017, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
          Six points from the last five games isn't it? And only lost one of those games to one of the promotion favourites.
          Please don't think I'm being a happy clapper drooling over IH though. There are a lot of us on the fence.
          Which is what I'm saying. I would have got rid of him last season. He was absolutely appalling appointment and almost took us down with his incompetence.

However we have seen improvement so happy to give it another couple of months to see how he does. So far we have been bang average which for me is least I would expect with our squad. We do though need to pick it up after more recent results or my fear is we will go into some kind of slump as we did last season and which Ollie seemed unable to drag us out of.

Love his passion but view him as very limited at this level.

Comment

Genuine question, when was the last time we weren't bang average and what was different beside the manager?

Comment

Originally posted by Joe90 View Post
              Genuine question, when was the last time we weren't bang average and what was different beside the manager?
              Redknapp's promotion season (mainly down to Austin)

Before that...

Warnock's promotion season (mainly down to Taraabt)

Comment

Under Warnock in 2010/11. There was a buzz about the ground on a match day and we are looked at that squad and thought we could achieve what we had all hoped for the previous 15 that Rangers could be successful. Right now that buzz has gone as shown by the dwindling crowds and the players we have at our disposal. Unfortunately for Holloway he has been given the job when as a club we do not have a pot to #### in.

Comment

If we finish where we are now, it will be an excellent season. And a point away at Barnsley is a decent result. That said, i do feel there's a lack of buz round the place ....but been like that for a bit now.

Comment

James, The buzz went when Hughes replaced Warnock and Wembley aside never returned.

Comment

• My god this forum is depressing
                      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                        My god this forum is depressing
                        Ain't it just

Comment

• Under Holloway he has scavenged Scowens on a free Baptise on a free brought in Freeman for next to nothing brought in Wheeler for next to nothing ( remains to be judged ) brought in Bright for free as well other youngsters for the under 23s and overhauled the scouting network and still he should be sacked ! FFS there's another job he should doing for the club if he's not manager any guesses ?

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                            Under Holloway he has scavenged Scowens on a free Baptise on a free brought in Freeman for next to nothing brought in Wheeler for next to nothing ( remains to be judged ) brought in Bright for free as well other youngsters for the under 23s and overhauled the scouting network and still he should be sacked ! FFS there's another job he should doing for the club if he's not manager any guesses ?
                            In fairness sheff Utd sit second having done similar with signings We really need to get past the excuse (not based at olly but in general) that not spending means we cant compete and that we will sit bottom end of table. Just means we have to work harder on training pitch improving what we have

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Under Holloway he has scavenged Scowens on a free Baptise on a free brought in Freeman for next to nothing brought in Wheeler for next to nothing ( remains to be judged ) brought in Bright for free as well other youngsters for the under 23s and overhauled the scouting network and still he should be sacked ! FFS there's another job he should doing for the club if he's not manager any guesses ?

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                In fairness sheff Utd sit second having done similar with signings We really need to get past the excuse (not based at olly but in general) that not spending means we cant compete and that we will sit bottom end of table. Just means we have to work harder on training pitch improving what we have
                                That is a very good point. That is some achievement for a team that should be in the mini league. Fair play to them. Carrying on the momentum from last season.

Comment

Working...
                                X