Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
    I bet a few of you were gutted with that late goal.
    A bit knee jerk that

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      A Spanking by the Ruperts could mean the end of Holloway

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Few want him out. I certainly don't. I like the fella. I cannot, however, understand some of his decisions. Everyone knows Mackie should never ever start as a lone striker; that playing the errratic Yeni in midfield is perplexing; that Mackie and Washibgton together can't hack it......

I wanted Jimmy out, sure.
        Well its quite obvious why he was started as obviously his work rate & he has scored a few so.....
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          Well its quite obvious why he was started as obviously his work rate & he has scored a few so.....
          It's indefensible, Pinkie. Especially with two wide players. He needs to sort someone out up front with what he's got. Have to play two up given how weak we are I terms of forwards. Smith and, yes, Washington next five or so games. Mackie and Washington offers nothing. Same as either upfront by themselves.

Comment

It's indefensible, Pinkie. Especially with two wide players. He needs to sort someone out up front with what he's got. Have to play two up given how weak we are I terms of forwards. Smith and, yes, Washington next five or so games. Mackie and Washington offers nothing. Same as either upfront by themselves.
            I agree with about sorting the front out and im in the sylla to be our main striker camp, but obviously theres reasons as to why he hasnt or doesnt, but sylla was injured and smith limits how we play as everyone wanted him as a plan b! problem is he gets pelters for whatever he does, at the end of the day that was a decent point & we`ve only lost 3 so far! if you arent going to win then try not to lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
              I agree with about sorting the front out and im in the sylla to be our main striker camp, but obviously theres reasons as to why he hasnt or doesnt, but sylla was injured and smith limits how we play as everyone wanted him as a plan b! problem is he gets pelters for whatever he does, at the end of the day that was a decent point & we`ve only lost 3 so far! if you arent going to win then try not to lose.
              Personally think this Smith "limits our play" stuff is absolute boll*cks. That soundbite never gets a mention when we pump long balls up to Washington all day.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Personally think this Smith "limits our play" stuff is absolute boll*cks. That soundbite never gets a mention when we pump long balls up to Washington all day.
                This times a million. You don't have to lob it up to him. Play it though the midfield, try to release Washington, use the flanks and get crosses into Smith....

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Rubbish Dave if anybody knows football they will know Fulham have a far superior SQUAD to what we have , I'm going on Friday hoping to us play we'll , win lose or draw and a draw I would be well satisfied with
                  Read what I said, that's why I stated spanking meaning 4,5,6,and it could be his last game and your telling me you'd be happy for that to happen us get spanked?

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
                    A bit knee jerk that
                    Why don't you read the thread?
                    I have already conceded that.

Comment

This times a million. You don't have to lob it up to him. Play it though the midfield, try to release Washington, use the flanks and get crosses into Smith....
                      No you dont have to 77 but isnt that what normally happens when lynch is playing the long ball, i like the big man small man combo but pretty sure we`ll get it right sooner or later, but ollie has goto sort out sylla and get him playing, as we need the goals and hes the man!

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                        Read what I said, that's why I stated spanking meaning 4,5,6,and it could be his last game and your telling me you'd be happy for that to happen us get spanked?
                        Fulham are well capable of giving us a tough time they are a superior outfit to us I don't ask for anything more than we play well and make a fist of it , I certainly don't expect Holloway to be sacked if we get trounced

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Exactly this.

Playing a big man up top does not mean you have to spend the afternoon lumping the fvck out of it.

What you need is delivery from the right place ie out wide between D and by-line.
                          Last edited by hal9thou; 27-09-2017, 01:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            Exactly this.

Playing a big man up top does not mean you have to spend the afternoon lumping the fvck out of it.

What you need is delivery from the right place ie out wide between D and by-line.
                            We seem to have many wingers to get balls into the box.

Oh well I'm sure Ollie knows what he's doing. His second coming has been inspired so far.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                              Thought Ollie went with a bold line up tonight and made changes when needed. His changes got us not only back level but could have won in the end.

Great effort. If we show some faith in him we could win this league.
                              Changes when needed? he brought Washington on to partner Mackie, a partnership that has failed miserably (goals wise).

Comment

Originally posted by RobertoQPR View Post
                                Said this in the match thread but probably more relevant here.....

Pretty sure majority on here would have taken a draw before the game. What's changed? Not sticking up for Ollie but we're actually kind of going along quite steady even with a or of injuries. Just gutting we don't have a poacher to play with this midfield we've built
                                Yes, i said pre match I would take the draw and so am not too unhappy with it, but in all honesty. however, his decision to start with just Mackie up front (then to bring back Washington for the 2nd half ) was imo wrong.

If Sylla was omitted due to injury fair play, but given that Smith was fit to be on the bench he should have started the game.
                                Washington was dropped for a reason and should not have been chosen to replace Osayi-Samuel, I would have brought on Smith or Wheeler (if I hadn't chosen to start with the latter).

Still it is too early to say Ollie's time is up, as this is a far better position that his QPR side is in the League than I and others had expected.

Besides who else does Ferdinand have in mind to replace him with? It's not as if he has an extensive
                                connections outside of his little black book, otherwise he might have known about Leeds' new manager as one example of the calibre of coaches & managers available out there on the continent.

Comment

Working...
                                X