X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The General View Post
    GIve Wheeler a chance been saying this for 4 weeks he will score

Others have had enough chances now try him out otherwise why buy him ffs
    Sylla has had 2 starts and has scored ffs give him the same amount as washingshyte ffs
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Washington has been dropped.
      Why do i need to mention a player that dont start?
      Sylla missed a sitter my dead nan would of converted and cost us three points.
      I aint backing any of them, we need a real striker.

Sun papers reporting Jackett is going to take over and Ollies being sacked by the way.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
        Why are you singling out sylla. He has scored 1 goal from 2 starts. Save your finger pointing for the 3mil washingshyte that has missed 100s of chances.

Sylla is our top striker. Need to back him as he is our only hope out of the 4 strikers that we have.
        I think Smith is a good sub at this level. Can mix things up off the bench, particularly if we are playing with wingers.

The other 2 I've more or less given up on. Mackie should only really be utilised as a squad player. And Conor has had so many chances to impress but very rarely does. Could really do with a striker in January, but to come up with somebody who can make a difference on our current budget would require something quite miraculous from Ollie or our scouts.

Personally I'd give Eze a go. Has been scoring a few and earning rave reviews down at Wycombe. Gotta be an improvement on Mackie, however you look at it!

Comment

• Smith would my choice out of the three we have. But he wont get us up the top of the table either imo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Read what I said mate.

What I'm saying is that if you look at Ollie's record across the last decade, it's almost identical to his record with us this last year. Just like Alan Shearer averaged about 25 goals a season across his career, Ollie averages about a win every 3 games. In other words, it's unrealistic to expect things to improve. What we are getting is exactly as Ollie has delivered across the last decade!
            Ok so how do you explain his two promotions on that basis? lol
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              This side actually aint to bad.
              Just misses a striker.
              Syllas okay but no way he should of missed that sitter from two yards out that would of got us all the points.
              We would be around the the top six with someone who takes the chance we create.
              This let alone ollie gets bashed yet we could of come away with a win had he finished it!

Comment

Smith would my choice out of the three we have. But he wont get us up the top of the table either imo.
                Problem when you pick a guy like that week in week out though is you just end up playing hoof ball. Particularly when you have a set of central defenders that aren't particularly cultured and wing backs (on 1 side anyway) that don't cover the ground that well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                  Ok so how do you explain his two promotions on that basis? lol
                  Pinks, this ain't my opinion. It's fact. His win ratio with us is 31%. His win ratio since 2007 is pretty much dead on 30%.

He did well at Blackpool, that's plain to see. He went on an amazing run with Palace in their promotion season, but I know a few Palace fans and they don't speak that highly of him.

The point that I'm making is that if you hire a manager who has an average win ratio of 30% across the last decade, don't be surprised when he only wins 1 game out of 3.

Comment

• Why doesn't Wheeler get a look in? Scored on his debut then just been dropped ever since? Mackie can do one had enough of the geeza tbh

Comment

This let alone ollie gets bashed yet we could of come away with a win had he finished it!
                      Teams alright, hes built a good squad, just missing someone to take our chances or we would be play off contenders imo.
                      We are near on always one goal away from more points.
                      Lets pray for january.

Comment

• Well he picks the strikers pinks not me. If strikers keep missing chances don’t select them but he keeps selecting Mackie who missed two sitters yesterday so for me that managers fault. For three months people have been saying Sylla only finisher at club he starts and he scored. It’s not rocket science it’s actually quite simple but the boss is making it hard via his choices

Comment

• I dont even class Mackie as a striker.
                          Foward pressing midfielder or winger who moves across the whole front line.
                          If hes actually a striker we really will lose the mini league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            Haven't once said sack Ollie mate. I never wanted him here in the first place, but now he's here and got his team and squad in place, we might as well stick with him.

I just don't see any point in posting BS about us "being a work in progress" or needing to give the manager time. Have a look at Ollie's record, particularly in the last 10 years. His win ratio is typically around 30%, he's typically been disliked by the majority of fans at whatever club he's been at, and his teams have been prone to going on good runs, often followed by terrible runs.

What I'm saying is that what we are seeing is just what you can expect when you hire Ollie. This situation is unlikely to drastically improve or worsen, aside from runs of good and bad form. There is zero point kidding ourselves that there is some kind of master plan, and we are working towards domination of this league, cos it simply isn't true. What we are seeing now is exactly what we should have expected when Ollie was given the job. I knew that, as did a few others on here, hence we were vocal about it being a poor appointment.

Comment

I dont even class Mackie as a striker.
                              Foward pressing midfielder or winger who moves across the whole front line.
                              If hes actually a striker we really will lose the mini league.
                              I agree kev and the reason why we are work in progress as we are a few players short of what we want to be, & i agree with everyone wanting wheeler and say sylla or smith upfront, think ollie should see this after soo many missed chances, but our midfields missing chances aswell yet playing well and dominating games!

Comment

I agree kev and the reason why we are work in progress as we are a few players short of what we want to be, & i agree with everyone wanting wheeler and say sylla or smith upfront, think ollie should see this after soo many missed chances, but our midfields missing chances aswell yet playing well and dominating games!
                                I’m not one of those fans who believes things have massively improved from the last regime. There is still next to no entertaining football and it’s in the main very hard to watch however saying that credit where is is due we have managed to find a way of not losing as an example we have gone 6games without a win and I have no doubt last season that would have been six defeats (as we saw) but we dig out a draw now which is progress

Comment

Working...
                                X