No announcement yet.

Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday was the first time this season that IH seriously pīssed me off with his team selection and tactics. That game was SO there for the taking and he royally fūcked it up by playing the wrong people in the wrong positions and leaving people out who should have been playing. But what the fark do I know? I don't have the benefit of watching and working with the players day in day out like our esteemed manager does, so apparently for this reason our mantra must remain as 'In Ollie we trust'? I've said all along that sacking him mid-season would be a mistake, as doing so creates even bigger problems than our current ones, so I'll just rant about it on this forum instead - even though I'm not sure doing so makes me feel any better.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Yesterday was the first time this season that IH seriously pīssed me off with his team selection and tactics. That game was SO there for the taking and he royally fūcked it up by playing the wrong people in the wrong positions and leaving people out who should have been playing. But what the fark do I know? I don't have the benefit of watching and working with the players day in day out like our esteemed manager does, so apparently for this reason our mantra must remain as 'In Ollie we trust'? I've said all along that sacking him mid-season would be a mistake, as doing so creates even bigger problems than our current ones, so I'll just rant about it on this forum instead - even though I'm not sure doing so makes me feel any better.

agreed. most said he should have gone in the summer. but we were told to give him 12 games into the new season.

well, after preseason, hill of hell, chest beating and kissing of the badge, nothing has changed from last season's two runs of 7 defeats in a row.

currently 6 games without a win.

survived last season by 2pts.

not feeling so lucky for this season. i'm sure even he can manage a win against bolton but that will only paper over the cracks.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
        13 away games without a win in the league gives you a good reflection of our managers lack of tactical nous. If we persist with Holloway it should be on the condition he finds a clued up number 2 to help him in that department as his record with Bircham both here and at Millwall is disastrous at best.
        13 away games this season lol, we`re not playing last seasons fixtures any more, its a new season
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Interesting story that as you don’t get that unless someone has a tip off. If you get Jackett you get joe Gallen which will please lots of the fans

I still think it’s a bit early pull trigger and I don’t actually think Ollie is under any pressure but I never realised the points return was as bad recently as someone said in other thread think they said 4 points from 18 that is truly horrific when you look at some of the teams we have played in that period.

Still plenty people trying defend Ollie but the facts are hard to defend as the only real improvement is we work harder that aside it’s same old same old. Makes some of the Ollie is great threads in August look little bit premature
          Whats it got to do with defending ollie when its quite basicly the strikers upfront arent putting chances away & the midfield, yet are playing well? ollies got those hes got to work with! why make up things when the simple fact is we`re creating loads and not taking them, thats the players guilty of that not the manager im afraid, but it suits anyone whos always bashing ollie anyway plus in every single season every team hits blips, except we panic like little girls when we should all be sticking together, we`re playing ok and creating plenty so people should know a good result will be coming and stick in there, but no its panic stations after a draw away where we should of won lol

Comment

• Pinkie. Celtic are 50 odd games unbeaten in domestic football and that is counted as are the 13 away games without a win for us. This season or last it is 13 games and facts are facts. Big worry as that kind of form will see us relegated.

Comment

• Great Post Stanley and as you are the voice of reason on here I think that is an accurate reflection of what and where we are now.

Comment

Dogs. Not too bothered about Bristol City or Burton only interested in my team as for Ollie knockers right now it is just not good enough.
                You were bigging up sheff utd the other day 73! cant believe youre going on about just two games at home where one teams defence played superb and the other a london derby, but both games we was unlucky to win, yet you hinge panic stations on them lol, hilarious it really is, maybe we can get rid now and give the next manager a stint untill we fail to win two home games and away where we should of won lol, jeeeeez

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                  Yawn what's the point? How many times do I need to say I am open on the subject of Holloway , who else ? He can't polish a turd ? , the fault lies above him imo , but let's take what appears to be your logic sack the managers , sack the dof , sack the director of finances (Hoos) yeah that's bound to put the club on a sound footing isn't it ?
                  Hilarious isnt it doggs, its the i want all the time, i want it all now lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    agreed. most said he should have gone in the summer. but we were told to give him 12 games into the new season.

well, after preseason, hill of hell, chest beating and kissing of the badge, nothing has changed from last season's two runs of 7 defeats in a row.

currently 6 games without a win.

survived last season by 2pts.

not feeling so lucky for this season. i'm sure even he can manage a win against bolton but that will only paper over the cracks.
                    Yeah agree we should of got rid sooner and we`d of been better off without this passion we`ve got now and the midfield hes put together cos we was much better before

Comment

• I always rated that Wilder and did have them as dark horses as for getting rid well results will dictate that and if those above decide then he will stay or go. Facts are facts and points win prizes so right now we are not winning prizes can it change only time will tell. Very very hard to defend on the stats since his return but we are punters who all have an opinion which makes us neither right nor wrong.

Comment

Pinkie. Celtic are 50 odd games unbeaten in domestic football and that is counted as are the 13 away games without a win for us. This season or last it is 13 games and facts are facts. Big worry as that kind of form will see us relegated.
                        And last season was where he was trying to find out what worked and what didnt hence we nearly went down, this season hes finding combinations, but we`re just not quite ticking in the putting them away department! now fair enough if you want to panic everytime, but getting someone else in will not make us better overnight at all! he`ll still have the same players & if there not scoring what then?

Comment

I always rated that Wilder and did have them as dark horses as for getting rid well results will dictate that and if those above decide then he will stay or go. Facts are facts and points win prizes so right now we are not winning prizes can it change only time will tell. Very very hard to defend on the stats since his return but we are punters who all have an opinion which makes us neither right nor wrong.
                          But i thought you told doggs youre not interested in other teams?! only when it suits i suppose

Comment

I always rated that Wilder and did have them as dark horses as for getting rid well results will dictate that and if those above decide then he will stay or go. Facts are facts and points win prizes so right now we are not winning prizes can it change only time will tell. Very very hard to defend on the stats since his return but we are punters who all have an opinion which makes us neither right nor wrong.
                            How many games have we played this season and how many have we lost? in my eyes hardly concern for panicking.....

Comment

• Trouble with Ollie is that he is stubborn. Everyone who goes to matches can see that Washington and ,especially, Mackie are struggling yet he consistently picks Mackie and Washington only got dropped because of injury. Those two are too defensive against weaker teams.
                              Also we do not have the players for three at the back and wingbacks but he consistently plays this formation until the kamikaze last ten minutes. Ollie needs to try something different 'cos it's not really working.
                              Kenny Jackett would be just another manager doing the lower league rounds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                Whats it got to do with defending ollie when its quite basicly the strikers upfront arent putting chances away & the midfield, yet are playing well? ollies got those hes got to work with! why make up things when the simple fact is we`re creating loads and not taking them, thats the players guilty of that not the manager im afraid, but it suits anyone whos always bashing ollie anyway plus in every single season every team hits blips, except we panic like little girls when we should all be sticking together, we`re playing ok and creating plenty so people should know a good result will be coming and stick in there, but no its panic stations after a draw away where we should of won lol
                                Problem is mate, that under Holloway what happens is we occasionally hit winning runs. Every now and then we'll go on a good run and win a handful of games in a row. The rest of the time it is like it is at the moment. Lot's of huff and puff, but essentially points dropped most weeks. What I think frustrates a lot of people is the fact that they can see from the stands what is wrong tactically, but the guys in the dugout can't.

I think Holloway will probably do enough to keep us up if we stick with him, but I understand why people are concerned right now. We simply aren't picking up enough points, particularly when you consider the calibre of opposition we've played in the last month or so.

Comment

Working...
                                X