Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    What argument? now you can see why i said it! theres no name calling and i shouldnt of called you a numpty but if you make things up well what do you expect! i know exactly what you was referring to as you kept banging on on the other thread now behave and trot along

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post

Hope we get back into winning ways next week ricky & if we do we`ll no doubt see you when we next lose

Comment

Hope we get back into winning ways next week ricky & if we do we`ll no doubt see you when we next lose
          Gotta get back to winning ways against Sunderland haven't we Pinks? Whilst we've had a few injuries, recent results really should have been a bit better. Sunderland are poor and will be down there fighting at the bottom of the table in my opinion. Anything less than 3 points would be a disappointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Undecided View Post
            He speaks with left hand grasping lapel.

"My dear learned and distinguished Administrator. May I without further ado, and coming straight to the point and not beating about the bush, advise you that it is my contention, although you may wish to consult elsewhere that, the whole essence of fee earning, is to provide informed guidance, that is neither conclusive, nor fully established in the fabric of case law to allow you to consider appropriate action to further your recourse for circumstances.

The mere dispensation of such opinion regrettably incurs certain monetary foregoence by yourself. However, I would suggest this is infinitely more preferably more advantageous to you being ill advised.
            Why use a sentence when a paragraph is more rewarding
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              Gotta get back to winning ways against Sunderland haven't we Pinks? Whilst we've had a few injuries, recent results really should have been a bit better. Sunderland are poor and will be down there fighting at the bottom of the table in my opinion. Anything less than 3 points would be a disappointment.
              Yeah i agree tarbs deffo need a win mate, hopefully we`ve a few back from injuries, but liked the look of robinson & baptiste so starting to look better shape in defence, but deffo need our strikers to start getting a few goals aswell as midfield.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                All comes back to basic tactics. Use the players you have as opposed to imagining them to be something else. We have players to be a decent 4-4-2 side. Ollie will not play that way. You end up with players out of position, not enough fluidity or real threat. How many times this season have you seen us have to change things second half to try and get back into games or win games where we are struggling to break down other side?

I have seen more passion and effort and after some of the flotsam we have endured in recent years that is refreshing but we should be doing better. Points mean prizes.

I remember his first spell and things going awry in Championship. I just see history repeating itself unfortunately.
                So you want to go to a 442 when our obvious and only strong point (other than Smithies) is our midfield 3?

You are basing this "Ollie plays people out of position" stuff on things he did 10 years. Grant Hall moved to CDM, points on the bored when he plays proves its a good move. Robinson CB etc due to injuries and has played well there. Only one was Yeni v Burton and he changed him at half time, he wont be giving him a chance again.

As I said, agreed we need more points on the board and I've also said it will end in tears. My problem isn't really with the pessimism but mostly this bullsh*t thread wanting Ollie out. Currently no better alternative
                My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                  So you want to go to a 442 when our obvious and only strong point (other than Smithies) is our midfield 3?

You are basing this "Ollie plays people out of position" stuff on things he did 10 years. Grant Hall moved to CDM, points on the bored when he plays proves its a good move. Robinson CB etc due to injuries and has played well there. Only one was Yeni v Burton and he changed him at half time, he wont be giving him a chance again.

As I said, agreed we need more points on the board and I've also said it will end in tears. My problem isn't really with the pessimism but mostly this bullsh*t thread wanting Ollie out. Currently no better alternative
                  Bang on cj, but remember old furtives evasive

Comment

I with you on this definitely not being the right time to think about sacking Ollie.

However, you can't honestly be saying that the way we are set up week in week out is the best use of our squad. I look at that team and aside from the midfield 3, I see square pegs in round holes all through it. If 3-5-2 is how Ollie wants to play then why do we have so many wingers and not a single wing back in the squad?

Comment

I with you on this definitely not being the right time to think about sacking Ollie.

However, you can't honestly be saying that the way we are set up week in week out is the best use of our squad. I look at that team and aside from the midfield 3, I see square pegs in round holes all through it. If 3-5-2 is how Ollie wants to play then why do we have so many wingers and not a single wing back in the squad?
                      Agreed, players been played slightly out of position. Pav 15 yards further back than he should be, Bidwell 15 yards further forward than he should be, but I really don't think that should ruin their game.

As for not signing wing backs if this 3-5-2 was going to be his staple formation then 100% we should have signed some rather that sign wingers who can play as strikers, did not make one bit of sense and still doesn't.

However, could all come down to budget. Was there any wing backs available for same money say as Bright (approx £500k-£750k) that have the same quality and same potential? I think Pav and Bidwell are plenty good enough in those wing back roles. Not good enough to make a push for promotion but fine for mid table, and fine for this season I would say.

And let's not forget that summer transfer target Andy Yiadom is still at Barnsley and in January should have 6 months left on his contract...

Comment

Agreed, players been played slightly out of position. Pav 15 yards further back than he should be, Bidwell 15 yards further forward than he should be, but I really don't think that should ruin their game.

As for not signing wing backs if this 3-5-2 was going to be his staple formation then 100% we should have signed some rather that sign wingers who can play as strikers, did not make one bit of sense and still doesn't.

However, could all come down to budget. Was there any wing backs available for same money say as Bright (approx £500k-£750k) that have the same quality and same potential? I think Pav and Bidwell are plenty good enough in those wing back roles. Not good enough to make a push for promotion but fine for mid table, and fine for this season I would say.

And let's not forget that summer transfer target Andy Yiadom is still at Barnsley and in January should have 6 months left on his contract...
                        Surely we should be playing to our strengths a bit better then mate. Flat back 4 for starters. Agree we shouldn't split up that midfield trio, but why don't we trying pushing Freeman out wide with Pav on the other wing. Or go 4-5-1 with either Smith or Sylla through the middle and a pacey winger either side of them. Both better shouts than continuing to play Pawel (who I rate by the way), in a role he is no good at. And Bidwell is next to useless the minute he steps over the half way line.

Comment

Surely we should be playing to our strengths a bit better then mate. Flat back 4 for starters. Agree we shouldn't split up that midfield trio, but why don't we trying pushing Freeman out wide with Pav on the other wing. Or go 4-5-1 with either Smith or Sylla through the middle and a pacey winger either side of them. Both better shouts than continuing to play Pawel (who I rate by the way), in a role he is no good at. And Bidwell is next to useless the minute he steps over the half way line.
                          Yep a flat back 4 would be good but currently having 3 CBs can't handle an opposition let alone two of them. When either Ned or Hall are back then might be worth a shout.

Freeman was out wide at Bristol and by all accounts wasted on the wing. Much more effective in the middle as shown by his performances for us.

Pawel should be a more attacking option, but now looks completely lost when he gets in the final third. Well out of form I would say but possibly just a confidence thing at the moment because he is a class player. Yeah agree with Bidwell. Wing backs need to have pace to burn and probably be more attacking than they are defending.

We haven't had proper pace in the side for a long time, would love to see some. Smith and Sylla both score their goals when the ball is crossed in so yes ideally

Smithies

Perch Onuoha Hall Bidwell

Luongo Scowen Freeman

Pawel Sylla ????

Comment

I know freemans got a good cross on him but surely we`re more effective with him in the middle tarbs, he makes things happen whereas stuck out wide would be less so.....

Comment

Also saying about a back 4 but we`ve had injuries galore....

Comment

Also saying about a back 4 but we`ve had injuries galore....
                                Mate, we've had more injuries at centre half than anywhere else, yet we're picking 3 centre halves every games.

Agree with your previous point about Freeman being more effective through the middle. But Pawel is totally ineffective as a wing back, so it's swings and roundabouts ain't it?

For me, no 1 player is worth compromising your best system for. If we really want to get Freeman on the ball then play a 4-5-1 with Freeman in the hole behind Sylla. At least that way we can get Pawel back where he should be and playing well again.

Comment

Working...
                                X