Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
    Equally why play a system for wing backs when you haven't signed any.
    Should play 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1 as per 2010/11 season) except we don't have a striker who can play up top alone (unless Sylla can) ?

or 4-4-2 but then we lose the Scowen/Luongo/Freeman mix in the middle as one would have to go left or right mid ?

Not convinced myself that we can play 3-5-2 with what we have.
    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 05-10-2017, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      Should play 4-5-1 (or 4-2-3-1 as per 2010/11 season) except we don't have a striker who can play up top alone (unless Sylla can) ?

or 4-4-2 but then we lose the Scowen/Luongo/Freeman mix in the middle as one would have to go left or right mid ?

Could play 4-3-3 with fullbacks overlapping as necessary. But we just don't have the forwards, and this has been such a glaringly obvious problem for ages it's scandalous nothing has been done to remedy this. I mean, our forwards are crap in any formation, let's be honest. Washington should have been sold, if possible, maybe Sylla too. From what I've seen young Eze looks the real deal but he's been loaned out. I've said it elsewhere, but for me one of Ollie's biggest flaws is his failure to properly integrate youth in the team. He seems scared of their talent. All totally subjective, I accept, but that's how it seems to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

442 might lose the dynamic trio, but Freeman can play on the left wing and beat his full back as well as put in great crosses for either Smith or Sylla to get on the end of. If Washington is also in the side, we would them see what he is capable of (although I'd probably give Wheeler a chance).

Comment

• We have a good thing going with those 3 in the middle and you want to change it? Sounds like a much maligned manager to me...
          My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
            He has been managing for donkeys years. If he doesn't get tactics now he shouldn't be managing.

Whilst I'm sure Ollie has had important input into the club's signings he himself has said Sir Les does this.

As I have said before would make a great assistant manager. I'm sure many on here are passionate about the club. Doesn't mean we should all be appointed joint managers!
            Are you still going on?! yes les just sorts the paperwork and fine details out but just ignore that for youre own self honestly furtive i thought id give it a break as it gets seriously boring me bleating on and you going on and on on every single thread ollie hasnt a clue! its just boring everyone & should bore yerself too as ive bored myself with trying to reply just a thought......
            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Could play 4-3-3 with fullbacks overlapping as necessary. But we just don't have the forwards, and this has been such a glaringly obvious problem for ages it's scandalous nothing has been done to remedy this. I mean, our forwards are crap in any formation, let's be honest. Washington should have been sold, if possible, maybe Sylla too. From what I've seen young Eze looks the real deal but he's been loaned out. I've said it elsewhere, but for me one of Ollie's biggest flaws is his failure to properly integrate youth in the team. He seems scared of their talent. All totally subjective, I accept, but that's how it seems to me.
              Hubbs id say more bothered by if he did integrate more and we lost or should i say draw he`d get hammered, especially on here

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                Hubbs id say more bothered by if he did integrate more and we lost or should i say draw he`d get hammered, especially on here
                Fair point Pinks, but he wouldn't get any complaints with me. He's never given Shodipo or Eze a proper go in the team from my perspective, and I think that's a real shame. Plus we're crying out for some cutting edge and pace in attack.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
                  Fair point Pinks, but he wouldn't get any complaints with me. He's never given Shodipo or Eze a proper go in the team from my perspective, and I think that's a real shame. Plus we're crying out for some cutting edge and pace in attack.
                  I agree with you hubbs id like to see them used more, especially when some players arent on form for the first team, as tarbie will tell you im a shodipo fan but i think theyd fit in well the way we go at teams personally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Are you still going on?! yes les just sorts the paperwork and fine details out but just ignore that for youre own self honestly furtive i thought id give it a break as it gets seriously boring me bleating on and you going on and on on every single thread ollie hasnt a clue! its just boring everyone & should bore yerself too as ive bored myself with trying to reply just a thought......
                    Mother Holloway there you are!

According to your lad the process is:

He and Les meet. Ollie tells him types of players he would like to sign. Might throw a couple of names in while he's at it. Les goes away and consults with scouts and comes back with a list. He and Ollie agree who club should go for and off Les goes. Sounds very much like a team effort.

Comment

• Sh:t sh::t and moore sh:t ....... Sh:t sh:t and moore sh:t
                      Over 450 replies on a bo//ix of a post
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 05-10-2017, 06:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                        Sh:t sh::t and moore sh:t ....... Sh:t sh:t and moore sh:t
                        Over 450 replies on a bo//ix of a post
                        More ?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                          Mother Holloway there you are!

According to your lad the process is:

He and Les meet. Ollie tells him types of players he would like to sign. Might throw a couple of names in while he's at it. Les goes away and consults with scouts and comes back with a list. He and Ollie agree who club should go for and off Les goes. Sounds very much like a team effort.
                          I think the club has been quite clear about how we operate in the transfer market. Les and the manager decide what the squad needs from a positional sense, and between them and the scouts draw up a list of targets. From there further scouting happens if necessary and Les and Lee Hoos work out which targets are viable and try to make a deal.

Personally I think it's pretty clear that most of the players brought in over the last year are Ollies players, even if Les has put the deal together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            I think the club has been quite clear about how we operate in the transfer market. Les and the manager decide what the squad needs from a positional sense, and between them and the scouts draw up a list of targets. From there further scouting happens if necessary and Les and Lee Hoos work out which targets are viable and try to make a deal.

Personally I think it's pretty clear that most of the players brought in over the last year are Ollies players, even if Les has put the deal together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

Thanks tarbie hopefully thatll shut furtive up but i very much doubt it lol

Comment

• Let's just be grateful we didn't get Gareth Southgate.

Comment

Working...
                                X