Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    Don't see why we can't get Austin back for half a season loan.
    I would imagine there are a number of reasons...

Comment

• I am a big Ollie fan I think his signings have been shrewd and the passion and desire is for all to see. I do however thing he comes up short. It is starting to annoy me and I do think he is lacking in the tactics department. I am with pinks as Holloway is definitely the man for us but with the players we have in our squad we are underachieving. I am still not having this Washington is sh it behaviour. I am still waiting for Holloway to play a striker that will aid young Connor. If we had smith and Washington upfront I am convinced we would score more goals. The anti Holloway fans should appreciate the signings we've made. He has clearly worked miracles with no money so deserves the rest of the season for that reason alone. I am very grateful allbeit frustrated in the mean time.
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Weare, That is a very fair reflection on how things are with Holloway. No one can deny his passion for us and in that respect we are lucky. Tactically and team selections are where he just falls shorts, Maybe with a more clued up number 2 than Bircham it would work better.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Weare, That is a very fair reflection on how things are with Holloway. No one can deny his passion for us and in that respect we are lucky. Tactically and team selections are where he just falls shorts, Maybe with a more clued up number 2 than Bircham it would work better.
          He has been managing for donkeys years. If he doesn't get tactics now he shouldn't be managing.

Whilst I'm sure Ollie has had important input into the club's signings he himself has said Sir Les does this.

As I have said before would make a great assistant manager. I'm sure many on here are passionate about the club. Doesn't mean we should all be appointed joint managers!

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            I am a big Ollie fan I think his signings have been shrewd and the passion and desire is for all to see. I do however thing he comes up short. It is starting to annoy me and I do think he is lacking in the tactics department. I am with pinks as Holloway is definitely the man for us but with the players we have in our squad we are underachieving. I am still not having this Washington is sh it behaviour. I am still waiting for Holloway to play a striker that will aid young Connor. If we had smith and Washington upfront I am convinced we would score more goals. The anti Holloway fans should appreciate the signings we've made. He has clearly worked miracles with no money so deserves the rest of the season for that reason alone. I am very grateful allbeit frustrated in the mean time.
            pretty much summed up my feelings exactly too. we're playing well given the injuries its just a lack of goals thats hitting us. ollies made some fantastic signings for us and got us playing some brilliant stuff but at the same time hes been stupid during the transfer window like ... buying every winger that was avaliable and not bringing in a new striker

Comment

• Originally posted by corbray View Post
              pretty much summed up my feelings exactly too. we're playing well given the injuries its just a lack of goals thats hitting us. ollies made some fantastic signings for us and got us playing some brilliant stuff but at the same time hes been stupid during the transfer window like ... buying every winger that was avaliable and not bringing in a new striker
              Or wing backs bearing in mind we play with a system that allows for wing backs and not wingers ...

However would be churlish to blame Ollie solely for this given my previous post. Ollie has input into signings but is not in charge of them. Why sign a bunch of wingers when you don't play with wingers?
              Last edited by FurtiveFox; 05-10-2017, 10:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                Or wing backs bearing in mind we play with a system that allows for wing backs and not strikers ...

However would be churlish to blame Ollie solely for this given my previous post. Ollie has input into signings but is not in charge of them. Why sign a bunch of wingers when you don't play with wingers?
                Fair pt fox. Bidwell isn't comfortable in opposing half so pretty daft not to play a flat back four
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  I would imagine there are a number of reasons...
                  I know, hence the "wishful thinking" part

At bare minimum we need someone who can score goals on loan for half a season just to tide us over until summer. should be plenty of time for Penrice and co to find a gem
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• We should have bought a player like Chris Wood ages ago. I often think we makes it more difficult to find a striker than it really is.
                    Last edited by Shania; 05-10-2017, 01:49 PM.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
                      You're grumpy and wrong

Comment

I'd agree Ollie seems able to motivate but you lost me on tactics! He got sacked first time around due to weird team selections, tactics and subsequent loss of form. He doesn't seem to have learned much in the intervening years.

As I have said elsewhere think he would be a great assistant manager to run the line and gee up players but at this level you need someone with more tactical nouse to be the main man. Aside from a six month spell with Palace Ollie has been dire over last five years. All managers (bar Sir Alex!) seem to fade in the end and, rightly or wrongly, I believe Ollie has had his day at this level and should be managing in lower leagues. Why else did he not get a job in the top two divisions for 18 months until we were mug enough to come along?
                        Agreed 100%.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                          Because he had a cushy number with Sky and told his boss the only job I'll ever leave you for is the QPR one.....and whether you wish to believe that version of events is your choice :-)
                          I seriously doubt that is true. I think that line about QPR is just another soundbite from him to endear himself to the fans.
                          Last edited by stanistheman; 05-10-2017, 01:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I am a big Ollie fan I think his signings have been shrewd and the passion and desire is for all to see. I do however thing he comes up short. It is starting to annoy me and I do think he is lacking in the tactics department. I am with pinks as Holloway is definitely the man for us but with the players we have in our squad we are underachieving. I am still not having this Washington is sh it behaviour. I am still waiting for Holloway to play a striker that will aid young Connor. If we had smith and Washington upfront I am convinced we would score more goals. The anti Holloway fans should appreciate the signings we've made. He has clearly worked miracles with no money so deserves the rest of the season for that reason alone. I am very grateful allbeit frustrated in the mean time.
                            I agree about his signings, but not about giving him the whole season. If QPR drop into the bottom 3, he is not going to be able to lift them out of it. I wouldn't even wait until they do drop that low.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                              Weare, That is a very fair reflection on how things are with Holloway. No one can deny his passion for us and in that respect we are lucky. Tactically and team selections are where he just falls shorts, Maybe with a more clued up number 2 than Bircham it would work better.
                              Talking of number 2s reminds that his best time at QPR was with Kenny Jacket and once the latter left he lost his way.

Comment

Or wing backs bearing in mind we play with a system that allows for wing backs and not wingers ...

Equally why play a system for wing backs when you haven't signed any.

He has been managing long enough to know that he should play to the players' strengths and in this case neither Bidwell or Wyzsolek are wing backs and Mackie with Washington as a strike duo is not working nor is it likely to.

Comment

Working...
                                X