Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
    For me Washington & Mackie are turd. Smith useful but not the answer. Really need to address this issue.
    Personally I see it as:

- Don't mind Washington but he needs to play alongside someone other than Mackie and certainly should not play up front on his own.
    - Mackie shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI.
    - Smith should probably play alongside Washington to get the best out of both of them. Not sure he can play alongside Sylla.
    - Sylla needs a run of games and should probably be first choice striker based on goals/games ratio. Best option we have to play the lone striker role.

In short, we need at least one proven striker at this level in January. Priority signing IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      - Don't mind Washington but he needs to play alongside someone other than Mackie and certainly should not play up front on his own.
      - Mackie shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI.
      - Smith should probably play alongside Washington to get the best out of both of them. Not sure he can play alongside Sylla.
      - Sylla needs a run of games and should probably be first choice striker based on goals/games ratio. Best option we have to play the lone striker role.
      Agree with all of that. Trouble is our manager doesn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        You worry too much. I keep hearing Ollie knows what he is doing and has a plan. I am much relieved at that. Such a shame we aren't in the Champions League this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          You worry too much. I keep hearing Ollie knows what he is doing and has a plan. I am much relieved at that. Such a shame we aren't in the Champions League this year.
          I'm giving him the season to make progress on last season. I've always maintained that. :-)

Comment

• You can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear.

Comment

How do you know that Ollie doesn't?

He's not going to come out and say "Mackie your sh*t Conor your sh*t Matt your sh*t Sylla your sh*t I want someone else"
              My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post

He's not going to come out and say "Mackie your sh*t Conor your sh*t Matt your sh*t Sylla your sh*t I want someone else"
                Why he has form for coming out and slamming players

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                  Why he has form for coming out and slamming players
                  Haha i had thought about that but i don't think even Ollie is stupid enough to slam all his strikers at once! Where would the goals come fr...oh. Never mind.

Comment

• There hardly prolific he would not need to worry about them dowining tools

Comment

For the simple reason that we've seen almost zero evidence of it since he arrived at the club.

Comment

For the simple reason that we've seen almost zero evidence of it since he arrived at the club.
                        But realistically he's got to back his strikers. Strikers more than anyone are confidence players and as a manager with good motivational skills as opposed to tactical (dont completely agree on this point but) this is all he can do. We have these guys until January at least so he may as well try and give them the confidence to score? Or should he tell them not to bother trying?

In my opinion Ollie could motivate them to their fullest and get the tactics spot on but none of our strikers would give a decent return of goals in a season. Even Sylla just think he's pure sh*te outside the box, sometimes in it as well!

Don't see why we can't get Austin back for half a season loan. Always Southampton's last sub to be brought on, 3 in the pecking order. Wishful thinking no doubt

Comment

But realistically he's got to back his strikers.
                          Agree.

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                          Strikers more than anyone are confidence players and as a manager with good motivational skills as opposed to tactical (dont completely agree on this point but) this is all he can do. We have these guys until January at least so he may as well try and give them the confidence to score?
                          Agree.

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                          In my opinion Ollie could motivate them to their fullest and get the tactics spot on but none of our strikers would give a decent return of goals in a season.
                          Disagree,

For the reasons Mush stated above, and the fact that he never starts with any of those combos, and stubbornly insists on persisting with a Mackie/Washington combo when all and sundry can see it's not working. He needs to start picking his best striking partnerships from the start of games, not after 65 farking minutes FFS.

Comment

But realistically he's got to back his strikers. Strikers more than anyone are confidence players and as a manager with good motivational skills as opposed to tactical (dont completely agree on this point but) this is all he can do. We have these guys until January at least so he may as well try and give them the confidence to score? Or should he tell them not to bother trying?

In my opinion Ollie could motivate them to their fullest and get the tactics spot on but none of our strikers would give a decent return of goals in a season. Even Sylla just think he's pure sh*te outside the box, sometimes in it as well!

Don't see why we can't get Austin back for half a season loan. Always Southampton's last sub to be brought on, 3 in the pecking order. Wishful thinking no doubt
                            I wasn't going to reply to any more on this nonsense of a thread ! But on this post you're absolutely right CJ

Comment

I'd agree Ollie seems able to motivate but you lost me on tactics! He got sacked first time around due to weird team selections, tactics and subsequent loss of form. He doesn't seem to have learned much in the intervening years.

As I have said elsewhere think he would be a great assistant manager to run the line and gee up players but at this level you need someone with more tactical nouse to be the main man. Aside from a six month spell with Palace Ollie has been dire over last five years. All managers (bar Sir Alex!) seem to fade in the end and, rightly or wrongly, I believe Ollie has had his day at this level and should be managing in lower leagues. Why else did he not get a job in the top two divisions for 18 months until we were mug enough to come along?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                                Why else did he not get a job in the top two divisions for 18 months until we were mug enough to come along?
                                Because he had a cushy number with Sky and told his boss the only job I'll ever leave you for is the QPR one.....and whether you wish to believe that version of events is your choice :-)

Comment

Working...
                                X