Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    But there is a big slide already??,dropped from 2nd to 16th ,that's 14 places .
    Isn't that the 2nd place you said we shouldn't take any notice of so early though?

Comment

• Keep seeing reference to Ollie building something here. I just don't see it.

The club have been working hard on the footballing side since they changed tact a couple of years ago. Ollie's big plan seems to be to get players geed up (which to be fair be has in the main) but then play a system we don't have the players for and play some out of position which leaves us vulnerable at the back and toothless upfront.

Someone else summed it up nicely. He steadfastly wants us to play with wing backs. We don't have any wing backs, don't sign any but do sign a seemingly never ending number of out and out wingers to play in a system that does not allow for out and out wingers! His plan B in any match is to just chuck strikers on and hoof by which time we are chasing the game due to the ineffectual initial setup.

We aren't getting the service to the strikers due to the system which means we have long crosses going in and often when we have one or two little guys upfront.

Our strikers aren't great but they aren't helped by how we play. Sylla for instance is a natural finisher but that is about all he offers. If we played to our strengths with a 4-4-2 with wingers getting crosses in I suspect he would score. Washington generally doesn't finish well but is a grafter who needs a big man alongside him.

Love's Ollie's passion but do not think he is up to it any more at this level. All very predictable. I actually think he would make a great assistant manager alongside someone with more tactical nouse.

I personally would give him a couple of months to prove doubters like me wrong but if it starts going way of last season need to urgently get rid otherwise we could be at real risk of League One. He didn't seem able to stop the slide last season and we were very lucky in the end.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Keep seeing reference to Ollie building something here. I just don't see it.

The club have been working hard on the footballing side since they changed tact a couple of years ago. Ollie's big plan seems to be to get players geed up (which to be fair be has in the main) but then play a system we don't have the players for and play some out of position which leaves us vulnerable at the back and toothless upfront.

Someone else summed it up nicely. He steadfastly wants us to play with wing backs. We don't have any wing backs, don't sign any but do sign a seemingly never ending number of out and out wingers to play in a system that does not allow for out and out wingers! His plan B in any match is to just chuck strikers on and hoof by which time we are chasing the game due to the ineffectual initial setup.

We aren't getting the service to the strikers due to the system which means we have long crosses going in and often when we have one or two little guys upfront.

Our strikers aren't great but they aren't helped by how we play. Sylla for instance is a natural finisher but that is about all he offers. If we played to our strengths with a 4-4-2 with wingers getting crosses in I suspect he would score. Washington generally doesn't finish well but is a grafter who needs a big man alongside him.

Love's Ollie's passion but do not think he is up to it any more at this level. All very predictable. I actually think he would make a great assistant manager alongside someone with more tactical nouse.

I personally would give him a couple of months to prove doubters like me wrong but if it starts going way of last season need to urgently get rid otherwise we could be at real risk of League One. He didn't seem able to stop the slide last season and we were very lucky in the end.
        Good post. For me, I am hoping more than believing in IH at the moment but that has been the same since we appointed him. I do think the club are doing things in a more sustainable way however, but I am not sure how much IH has to do with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          But there is a big slide already??,dropped from 2nd to 16th ,that's 14 places .
          We were 2nd after 1 game !!?

A concerning slide for me is to wind up in the bottom 6...which we are close to being.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            Why suggest it then?

You've just reinforced the point that Ginge and I were trying to make. There isn't a realistic manager that springs to mind to replace Ollie with, should we sack him!
            Alan Pardew?

Don't want to sack right now but Pardew is very realistic in my view.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
              Alan Pardew?

Don't want to sack right now but Pardew is very realistic in my view.
              Possibly, although I suspect he'd want more money than we're paying Ollie. I'd sooner stick with Ollie though, Pardew is an utter tool!

Comment

• Just to provoke a bit, I'd say he is closer to get his contract extended than being sacked..

The club has decided QPR is and will be a community club. The board have decided the way QPR is going to play, a high pressing game with various formations, mostly with players who have connections to west London and wants to play for QPR. This is already being used in the U-teams as well and I strongly believe it will continue as long as Tony is involved (hopefully for long) with the club. Ian is for sure the best manager QPR could have at the moment, he is creating the QPR-way for the first team, including getting the players to follow rules and understanding that the club is a lot more important than a single player. He has the heart and soul for QPR, only someone like him could be in charge at he moment, I'd say Clement or G. Ainsworth are the only alternatives for the coming 3-5 years.

0-0 against Burton maybe was not good enough but still unlucky (Fulham lost at Burton), 1-1 away to Barnsley looked better but still not good enough (that crappy Barnsley won at Millwall this weekend), and 1-2 against Fulham was really unlucky (Fulham clear favorites to win) as we all could see. These things happen in this league, we who have followed the Championship for 10-15-20 years know it happens.

I do not think the club will sack him unless the players turn against him and that will not happen as you all can see. I believe the club is really happy with the way this new "QPR-way" is progressing, no matter if a few results in a row are not wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                  Just to provoke a bit, I'd say he is closer to get his contract extended than being sacked..

The club has decided QPR is and will be a community club. The board have decided the way QPR is going to play, a high pressing game with various formations, mostly with players who have connections to west London and wants to play for QPR. This is already being used in the U-teams as well and I strongly believe it will continue as long as Tony is involved (hopefully for long) with the club. Ian is for sure the best manager QPR could have at the moment, he is creating the QPR-way for the first team, including getting the players to follow rules and understanding that the club is a lot more important than a single player. He has the heart and soul for QPR, only someone like him could be in charge at he moment, I'd say Clement or G. Ainsworth are the only alternatives for the coming 3-5 years.

0-0 against Burton maybe was not good enough but still unlucky (Fulham lost at Burton), 1-1 away to Barnsley looked better but still not good enough (that crappy Barnsley won at Millwall this weekend), and 1-2 against Fulham was really unlucky (Fulham clear favorites to win) as we all could see. These things happen in this league, we who have followed the Championship for 10-15-20 years know it happens.

I do not think the club will sack him unless the players turn against him and that will not happen as you all can see. I believe the club is really happy with the way this new "QPR-way" is progressing, no matter if a few results in a row are not wins.
                  Well said and totally agree with vespa`s post
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by erikmata View Post
                    Just to provoke a bit, I'd say he is closer to get his contract extended than being sacked..

Can understand that point of view but it isn't just a few results. He has been back around 40 games and results have been poor for a lot of that period. It isn't just the last few.

My problem with the QPR way, as you put it, is that we don't have the players for it and most of the ones we have brought in have been for 4-4-2 as opposed to how Ollie sets the team up. All seems a bit of a chest beating mess at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      F uckin ell , anyone who bothers going to Rangers , Must be able to see the massive improvement thats been made ,from the dire s hit weve endured for the last few years
                      The only people that cant see the improvement ,must be the people who dont attend matches ( for whatever reason )
                      if all you are concerned about is 3 points , why support QPR ?
                      This! even though i dont get to go alot but will be doing i can still see this

Comment

Keep seeing reference to Ollie building something here. I just don't see it.

Agree with all of that except, giving him a couple of months. I think he should get October (given the international break) and half of November - do we really want him in charge of the Brentford game at the end of next month if the side is on another losing streak?

Comment

• You crack me up, and what would you expect after outing ollie in october, do you think we`ll improve tenfold? what would you do when you realise that move has backfired with the next manager whos not really that bothered about being here?

Comment

Can understand that point of view but it isn't just a few results. He has been back around 40 games and results have been poor for a lot of that period. It isn't just the last few.

My problem with the QPR way, as you put it, is that we don't have the players for it and most of the ones we have brought in have been for 4-4-2 as opposed to how Ollie sets the team up. All seems a bit of a chest beating mess at the moment.
                            It is nothing but a few results, most people here screamed about the first 3-4-5 games and said we'd get zero points from those. All was silent when we did well against a few big names but this knee jerking is now back after matches against Burton, Barnsley and a derby against a Fulham that I easily could see in the PL next season. If we'd won against Burton and that last attack in the 97th minute against Fulham would made it 2-2, do you really think this discussion would be going on? Imho, no way..

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              You crack me up, and what would you expect after outing ollie in october, do you think we`ll improve tenfold? what would you do when you realise that move has backfired with the next manager whos not really that bothered about being here?
                              Tend to agree with you Pinks.

Sacking Ollie = sacking the whole coaching staff. It would also probably mean the new manager would have to be happy to take on the squad as it is, or be prepared to sell a few of our prize assets in order to sign any of his targets.

I just can't see any decent manager going for it. I also think it would be yet another tremendous waste of money, and something that should only be considered as a last resort!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                                You crack me up, and what would you expect after outing ollie in october, do you think we`ll improve tenfold? what would you do when you realise that move has backfired with the next manager whos not really that bothered about being here?
                                I'm sure you care Mrs H but that doesn't make you any more right woman for the job than your boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X