Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
    I think as a fan base we need to be realistic at where the club is and traditionally was. Yes we had a few tastes at the big time but we aren't or never will be a big or medium club. We probably at best at our level.
    100% correct mate! And Tarbie too, totally agree! Just a shame there are some numpties on here that delight in everything negative that refuse to see that.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Brighton. That in a nutshell is the best post on this board in a long time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        100% correct mate! And Tarbie too, totally agree! Just a shame there are some numpties on here that delight in everything negative that refuse to see that.
        So you don`t want to see your club as an established Premiership club. Look to Burney, it is possible..
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

I honestly get why people get annoyed mate. Ollie drives me potty on a regular basis. We just need to be a little realistic about where we are and who we can attract.

In all honestly, if we were gonna bin Ollie, it should have been before he put together his own squad, and when the likes of Gary Rowett, Warnock or Nigel Pearson were available. No point doing it now when there is nobody decent available that springs to mind!

Comment

• Holloway should never have got the job first day but now he is here and has his own players in it would NOT be in our interests to get rid of him,he's doing alright considering and the players are behind him,I have confidence in him that he can keep us up,that's his potential limit I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
              I honestly get why people get annoyed mate. Ollie drives me potty on a regular basis. We just need to be a little realistic about where we are and who we can attract.

In all honestly, if we were gonna bin Ollie, it should have been before he put together his own squad, and when the likes of Gary Rowett, Warnock or Nigel Pearson were available. No point doing it now when there is nobody decent available that springs to mind!
              Again, I totally agree mate. It hasn't been great under him so far, but this season there has been a massive improvement, and it's pretty clear to see that he's building something with us. That's going to take time and patience, the latter of which some of our fans need a huge dose of. We aren't the best team in the league but so far you won't find too many teams with more effort and desire to get a result. As Rebel says above, getting rid would not do the club any favours because it brings us right back to square one, and we have to rebuild again. We are going to have bad runs, it's football. I'm confident we can get back into a decent run of form soon.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                So you don`t want to see your club as an established Premiership club. Look to Burney, it is possible..
                That's exactly what i want, but do you think Burnley's success came.overnight? No, it took time and patience. AND sticking with one manager.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                  Pinkie, I don't think I've tried to "put you down" in any way. Neither would I class myself as a "negative doom monger".

For what it's worth, I cannot think of a single person I would rather see lead Rangers to success, promotion and consolidation in the top tier, than Ian Holloway. It's obvious to everyone that he loves our club as much as we do and has done for years. I'd struggle to think of a manager anywhere else who is as desperate to bring success, not so much for himself, but for the club they are employed by. We are incredibly lucky in that respect.

In terms of the type of football we are seeing now, generally it has been a massive improvement to what we had to endure for a couple of years, despite the recent poor performances against Burton and Barnsley.

And it should not be overlooked that along with Les and the rest of the board, he has been responsible for our player recruitment being superb of late, bringing in young talented players that I can only see getting even better in a short period of time. So yes, there are many positives that he has already brought.

However, it appears to me that what a lot of us are frustrated with are certain aspects. Such as his insistence on starting with a forward line that doesn't seem to work. Often this leads to us chasing the game and us looking quite threatening when it's probably too late. Such as his determination to play Bidwell and Wsolek as wing backs when it is as clear as day that one is a full back and the other an out and out winger. Surely you can see this too? Acknowledging it doesn't make you anti him in any way as the positives are far outweighing the negatives at the moment.

But just imagine how good we could be if he wasn't making these bizarre decisions. If he spent some time ensuring that we could defend properly. If the players weren't so wasteful in front of goal. Getting improvements in those two areas would, in my opinion see us with a very realistic chance of challenging for a top 6 place.

Seems to me mate, that's all people are expressing their frustation about, not seeing him as the devil. They want Rangers to do well. They want IH to do well. They're just getting increasingly miffed that he won't seem to change what isn't working. If Bidwell and Wsolek hadn't played recently and he tried Wheeler on one side and young Bright or Lua Lua on the other from the start, at least people could see he was trying something different.

What really concerns me is that if the manager isn't capable of seeing the obvious and putting it right, then eventually there can only be one outcome. And I'm sure neither of us want to see it.
                  Sorry brights i wasnt on about you at all, just the mongers on here who if we do well disappear but then take pleasure at cropping up to tell how crap we are etc, so sorry wasnt meaning you in that!
                  http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Pinkie, I don't think I've tried to "put you down" in any way. Neither would I class myself as a "negative doom monger".

For what it's worth, I cannot think of a single person I would rather see lead Rangers to success, promotion and consolidation in the top tier, than Ian Holloway. It's obvious to everyone that he loves our club as much as we do and has done for years. I'd struggle to think of a manager anywhere else who is as desperate to bring success, not so much for himself, but for the club they are employed by. We are incredibly lucky in that respect.

In terms of the type of football we are seeing now, generally it has been a massive improvement to what we had to endure for a couple of years, despite the recent poor performances against Burton and Barnsley.

And it should not be overlooked that along with Les and the rest of the board, he has been responsible for our player recruitment being superb of late, bringing in young talented players that I can only see getting even better in a short period of time. So yes, there are many positives that he has already brought.

However, it appears to me that what a lot of us are frustrated with are certain aspects. Such as his insistence on starting with a forward line that doesn't seem to work. Often this leads to us chasing the game and us looking quite threatening when it's probably too late. Such as his determination to play Bidwell and Wsolek as wing backs when it is as clear as day that one is a full back and the other an out and out winger. Surely you can see this too? Acknowledging it doesn't make you anti him in any way as the positives are far outweighing the negatives at the moment.

But just imagine how good we could be if he wasn't making these bizarre decisions. If he spent some time ensuring that we could defend properly. If the players weren't so wasteful in front of goal. Getting improvements in those two areas would, in my opinion see us with a very realistic chance of challenging for a top 6 place.

Seems to me mate, that's all people are expressing their frustation about, not seeing him as the devil. They want Rangers to do well. They want IH to do well. They're just getting increasingly miffed that he won't seem to change what isn't working. If Bidwell and Wsolek hadn't played recently and he tried Wheeler on one side and young Bright or Lua Lua on the other from the start, at least people could see he was trying something different.

What really concerns me is that if the manager isn't capable of seeing the obvious and putting it right, then eventually there can only be one outcome. And I'm sure neither of us want to see it.
                    I agree brights and like i say i wasnt getting at you, but as for these changes we had been playing well so can see why he didnt want to change around too much as he gets pelters for that, but also which ever striker hes putting upfront they seem to all fail at cementing it upfront hence why he sticks to ones like mackie and washington as he gets the workrate to help with the shape of the system, but in a season we`re always going to hit these blips arent we, so patience is needed as not every players going to be playing well and we are still building this squad, so we are going to fall short in some areas tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                      Sorry brights i wasnt on about you at all, just the mongers on here who if we do well disappear but then take pleasure at cropping up to tell how crap we are etc, so sorry wasnt meaning you in that!
                      No apology needed mate. I'm not that sensitive.

Comment

Again, I totally agree mate. It hasn't been great under him so far, but this season there has been a massive improvement, and it's pretty clear to see that he's building something with us. That's going to take time and patience, the latter of which some of our fans need a huge dose of. We aren't the best team in the league but so far you won't find too many teams with more effort and desire to get a result. As Rebel says above, getting rid would not do the club any favours because it brings us right back to square one, and we have to rebuild again. We are going to have bad runs, it's football. I'm confident we can get back into a decent run of form soon.
                        Haha ginge looks like i nearly copy n pasted you message could not agree more and the reason i get frustrated on here with the mongers

Comment

• Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                          Holloway should never have got the job first day but now he is here and has his own players in it would NOT be in our interests to get rid of him,he's doing alright considering and the players are behind him,I have confidence in him that he can keep us up,that's his potential limit I think.
                          Spot on.
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

That's exactly what i want, but do you think Burnley's success came.overnight? No, it took time and patience. AND sticking with one manager.
                            Agree. But his chopping and changing more often than not, lets him down. I hope that if we/he get a few new players in during the January window will fill the gaps we supposedly have. Ie. a goalscorer and two natural fullbacks.
                            Last edited by Shania; 01-10-2017, 06:56 PM.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              Agree. But his chopping and changing more often than not, lets him down. I hope that if we/he get a few new players in during the January window will fill the gaps we supposedly have. Ie. a goalscorer and two natural fullbacks.
                              Club MUST back whoever is manager in January. Striker and another CB are vital.

Comment

Yeah let's go for him. That's realistic. He won't turn us down at all.
                                Well he is available and arguably better than Holloway. Anyway, not as ridiculous a suggestion as your fact.
                                Suppose you knew all about the huddersfield and Watford etc coaches before they arrived in England

Comment

Working...
                                X