No announcement yet.

Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I await your reply as to what you expect of us once youve got ollie out of the building?
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Like for a start what are you going to do when we start signing rubbish players again with no money without ollie here?

Comment

• Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
        Fonte and ojo had some good chances coming from midfield being to stretched chasing lost causes.
        How poor was that Ojo guy? looked like he couldn't wait to get home. Saw they said he dislocated his shoulder today

Comment

• Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          How poor was that Ojo guy? looked like he couldn't wait to get home. Saw they said he dislocated his shoulder today
          He certainly didnt have much of an end product,good movement tho and fairly rapid.

Comment

• The only end product he had was to hit the deck as often as possible.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post
              I can't fault your optimism mate, but come on.

The defence are shocking. Since the first home game, our only clean sheet in the league was in an awful performance against a team who appear to be the whipping boys for almost everybody else.

Whilst our midfied is very promising indeed, the way Holloway sets us up recently seems to be affecting the individual performances of the players. Wsolek and Bidwell as wing backs for example. Wsolek is no longer there to get the ball early and therefore rarely in a position to fly past people to get a cross in. And if he does, he's usually on got Mackie or Washington in the middle. That could explain why he doesn't bother to cross any more. And Bidwell is a decent standard championship left back.

We create lots of half chances. Very rarely does our build up play result in one on ones or relatively easy chances like we seem to give away. Hence, with our woeful choice of forwards, we drag shots wide, fire high and wide or just have them blocked or easily saved by the keeper.

I honestly believed at the start of the season we had the players to be comfortably top ten and with an outside chance of the play offs. Think the latter has already slipped by now due to the ridiculous number of easy points dropped over the last five games. And there is a reason we have dropped them, which in my opinion is the inability of the manager to play to his players strengths, preferring to shoe horn them into a preferred system that appears not to suit them as individuals.

He doesn't seem to have grasped this yet as he keeps telling everyone that he's proud of the players and the effort they are giving, despite results and league position falling away rapidly. My fear is how long before he accepts his flawed approach and how damaged our confidence is should it happen.
              Read this Mrs Holloway!

If we had a manager who played to our strengths we would be ok.

Sadly we have your boy. He does mean well ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                I await your reply as to what you expect of us once youve got ollie out of the building?
                You simply miss the point and as I said pointless trying to discuss anything at length with someone who he is so set in his ways but here goes.

If you are trying to build something on a budget you need to have a strategy and philosophy of play, not keep chopping and changing. You first start by making your side hard to beat then build from there. You also need a manager/coach that can develop players, particularly young players and who will support and build their confidence. Once you have a philosophy you buy or bring in players to fit that.

Now let's look at Holloway. Publicly slates players, drops young players after slight dips in form and continually chops and changes his team even after reasonably good performances. Think he has only had something like 4 clean sheets since his return and we look like we will concede almost every time the opposition attack, even with a reasonable keeper. Additionally he appears to have no philosophy of play ( please tell me what you think it is?), with his only tactic to get at the opposition and run around chasing shadows. Also please tell me or give me an example of any post match press conference or comment where he has actually analysed what went wrong, other than we tried or were short in the effort department.

The only consistent with Fernandes is his ability to pick the wrong manager at the wrong time, every time. Holloway might have worked with a settled side full of good players but to develop a side on a shoestring, no chance as will be seen in the end.

Comment

• cant remember if ive posted anything in this thread really so excuse me if i'm repeating myself.

yeah ollie has done a few stupid things but hes also done more good than bad, freeman, smith, scowen were all brought in during his stint and every player is playing well for most of the game. luongo for example is like a new signing for us in the midfield. its little blimps during matches thats letting us down.
                  yes, ollie has also made some mistakes in the market ie, not bringing in a cuttinh edge striker or a solid reliable leftback who can attack and defend for us and thats one of the main things letting us down but its one of those things, we cant go back to bloody chopping and changing managers everytime we go on a bad run as our recent results dont really reflect the form of the team. we deserved a point at least against fulham but it wasnt to be. let ollie and the board learn from their mistakes and get behind the team and ollie, we know were the problems in the side lie and we know how to fix them. we just need it done

Comment

• The only game this season where we've done worse than we should've was Burton - all others were on par with realistic expectations or they exceeded them. We've lost to Boro, Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich - all teams that'll finish in the top 8.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                      Read this Mrs Holloway!

If we had a manager who played to our strengths we would be ok.

Sadly we have your boy. He does mean well ...
                      Lol and if we had another manager we wouldnt have the decent players we`ve got now or the mentality to not give up! and a load of rubbish signings but carry ignore all the good stuff

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                        You simply miss the point and as I said pointless trying to discuss anything at length with someone who he is so set in his ways but here goes.

If you are trying to build something on a budget you need to have a strategy and philosophy of play, not keep chopping and changing. You first start by making your side hard to beat then build from there. You also need a manager/coach that can develop players, particularly young players and who will support and build their confidence. Once you have a philosophy you buy or bring in players to fit that.

Now let's look at Holloway. Publicly slates players, drops young players after slight dips in form and continually chops and changes his team even after reasonably good performances. Think he has only had something like 4 clean sheets since his return and we look like we will concede almost every time the opposition attack, even with a reasonable keeper. Additionally he appears to have no philosophy of play ( please tell me what you think it is?), with his only tactic to get at the opposition and run around chasing shadows. Also please tell me or give me an example of any post match press conference or comment where he has actually analysed what went wrong, other than we tried or were short in the effort department.

The only consistent with Fernandes is his ability to pick the wrong manager at the wrong time, every time. Holloway might have worked with a settled side full of good players but to develop a side on a shoestring, no chance as will be seen in the end.
                        And while youre slating ollie for what hes doing ie slating players, can you not see how the players are playing for the manager or are you blind to suit youre agenda? its muppets like you that want this want that and throw things out the pram after our 4th defeat of the seasons the reason we`ve struggled with countless managers and signing countless rubbish players with no interest in playing for us, maybe youd like to go back to that or even better jimmy floyd even! how about abit of loyality to youre team and get behind them instead of just looking for every bit to slate and get rid! you go on about another manager could do better, what with these great little players ollies got in and building us you mean, you just love creating this negative vibe for youre i told you so`s

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                          Lol and if we had another manager we wouldnt have the decent players we`ve got now or the mentality to not give up! and a load of rubbish signings but carry ignore all the good stuff
                          I don't believe any other club in top two divisions would have employed Ollie. His time had come and gone. Look at his record over last five years. Overall poor with the odd highlight.

Makes you wonder what players we would have attracted if we had a higher regarded manager. Besides, according to the great man himself he doesn't do the signings, just agrees with Les the targets.

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            I don't believe any other club in top two divisions would have employed Ollie. His time had come and gone. Look at his record over last five years. Overall poor with the odd highlight.

Makes you wonder what players we would have attracted if we had a higher regarded manager. Besides, according to the great man himself he doesn't do the signings, just agrees with Les the targets.
                            oh ffs give over, i shouldnt really keep replying tbh as you just love it when we lose or draw, disappear when we get a good result like a few so i best leave this and come back when youve proved me right

Comment

• Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                              The only game this season where we've done worse than we should've was Burton - all others were on par with realistic expectations or they exceeded them. We've lost to Boro, Cardiff, Fulham and Norwich - all teams that'll finish in the top 8.
                              And Millwall ,we needed to win that one,but Holloway with a tiny budget isn't doing too badly,his job is to keep us up,Fulham won't be relegation candidates ,not part of our mini league.I'm confident Holloway can achieve his goal

Comment

• We need quality players in not Ollie out.

Comment

Working...
                                X