Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
    We looked disorganised but worked hard and stayed in the game. Their luck before half time was harsh on us. They should have sewn it up 3-0 in the second half. Our defence is a joke and our attack is handbags at dawn. We were outclassed and our work rate masked the gap between us.

Pawel was a lightweight tonight, Lynch was a liability, Bidwell was a limited robot, Mackie just ran and ran and ran (luckily he was substituted) Sylla posed as much threat as Kim Jong Il. Too many passengers to overcome a better side.
    Im not buying any of this we were outclassed at all, we outplayed them last half hour and they were hanging on, they just had bags of luck like deflections going straight to there players for one thing, never a penalty in 100 years and they only looked classy on the counter attack as we were going for it leaving ourselves open! i was impressed with alot in that performance and think we`ve got a cracking little team developing, sort the goals out and the amount we create we`ll be scoring plenty!
    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
      Im not buying any of this we were outclassed at all, we outplayed them last half hour and they were hanging on, they just had bags of luck like deflections going straight to there players for one thing, never a penalty in 100 years and they only looked classy on the counter attack as we were going for it leaving ourselves open! i was impressed with alot in that performance and think we`ve got a cracking little team developing, sort the goals out and the amount we create we`ll be scoring plenty!
      I can't fault your optimism mate, but come on.

The defence are shocking. Since the first home game, our only clean sheet in the league was in an awful performance against a team who appear to be the whipping boys for almost everybody else.

Whilst our midfied is very promising indeed, the way Holloway sets us up recently seems to be affecting the individual performances of the players. Wsolek and Bidwell as wing backs for example. Wsolek is no longer there to get the ball early and therefore rarely in a position to fly past people to get a cross in. And if he does, he's usually on got Mackie or Washington in the middle. That could explain why he doesn't bother to cross any more. And Bidwell is a decent standard championship left back.

We create lots of half chances. Very rarely does our build up play result in one on ones or relatively easy chances like we seem to give away. Hence, with our woeful choice of forwards, we drag shots wide, fire high and wide or just have them blocked or easily saved by the keeper.

I honestly believed at the start of the season we had the players to be comfortably top ten and with an outside chance of the play offs. Think the latter has already slipped by now due to the ridiculous number of easy points dropped over the last five games. And there is a reason we have dropped them, which in my opinion is the inability of the manager to play to his players strengths, preferring to shoe horn them into a preferred system that appears not to suit them as individuals.

He doesn't seem to have grasped this yet as he keeps telling everyone that he's proud of the players and the effort they are giving, despite results and league position falling away rapidly. My fear is how long before he accepts his flawed approach and how damaged our confidence is should it happen.

Comment

• I thought Sylla was quite good considering he's barely kicked a ball this season. The most threatening of all the strikers, including Connor who scored.

Comment

• Originally posted by brightonr View Post

The defence are shocking. Since the first home game, our only clean sheet in the league was in an awful performance against a team who appear to be the whipping boys for almost everybody else.

Whilst our midfied is very promising indeed, the way Holloway sets us up recently seems to be affecting the individual performances of the players. Wsolek and Bidwell as wing backs for example. Wsolek is no longer there to get the ball early and therefore rarely in a position to fly past people to get a cross in. And if he does, he's usually on got Mackie or Washington in the middle. That could explain why he doesn't bother to cross any more. And Bidwell is a decent standard championship left back.

We create lots of half chances. Very rarely does our build up play result in one on ones or relatively easy chances like we seem to give away. Hence, with our woeful choice of forwards, we drag shots wide, fire high and wide or just have them blocked or easily saved by the keeper.

I honestly believed at the start of the season we had the players to be comfortably top ten and with an outside chance of the play offs. Think the latter has already slipped by now due to the ridiculous number of easy points dropped over the last five games. And there is a reason we have dropped them, which in my opinion is the inability of the manager to play to his players strengths, preferring to shoe horn them into a preferred system that appears not to suit them as individuals.

He doesn't seem to have grasped this yet as he keeps telling everyone that he's proud of the players and the effort they are giving, despite results and league position falling away rapidly. My fear is how long before he accepts his flawed approach and how damaged our confidence is should it happen.
          Im standing by what i said thanks brights, thought lynch was abit weak at the back but enjoyed us battering them, on another day we`d of got a win or draw! the kitchen sink was getting thrown at them so obviously we looked abit out of shape at times but still they found it hard to cope with us!

Comment

Don't think we can just keep chalking it down to bad luck mate. We ain't clinical enough in front of goal, and we are far too prone to defensive calamities.

We need to get at least 1 of our attackers going and in the goals. Doubt Sylla will get a look in again any time soon after not showing up last night. Smith and Mackie (whilst they work hard), ain't good enough to lead the line at this level. Suppose it's all on Conor, failing that, we need to sign a striker in January.

At the back, we've gotta hope that Grant Hall makes a difference whenever he gets back to fitness. Lynch, Caulker or Ned don't look up to the job in my opinion. Hasn't always been the case, all 3 have had spells where they've looked good, but this season they've all been dire. May do OK with a better defender next to them, but any combination of those 3 ain't working at the moment. Robinson has done OK since shifting into the back 3 in my opinion, but still has a lot to learn before you could consider him a central defender.
            Last edited by Tarbie; 30-09-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Again what i dont get is this panic button everytime one game goes by?! that was the 11th game of the season, hi`s and lows are going to get hit!

Comment

• If we lose the next 2 games questions have to be asked if IH should resign or sacked also LF has to go more bad management choice yet again, but let's see what happens the next couple of games and he manages to turn it round.

Comment

This, a million times over!

Don't think Ollie has an easy job with the squad he has, limited funds, and a lot of injuries. But he makes his life a lot more difficult by not playing to the strengths of the players he has available. How many times do you look at a team sheet at the moment and think "looks like a 4-4-2". Then you see us line up with a 3-5-2 and players played out of their normal position?

He's always been like that though, and I doubt he'll ever change. Said it a few times in recent months. Better to focus on the good things Ollie brings to the team, and try not to get too critical of tactics or team selection.
                  Last edited by Tarbie; 30-09-2017, 11:59 AM.

Comment

Again what i dont get is this panic button everytime one game goes by?! that was the 11th game of the season, hi`s and lows are going to get hit!
                    Nobody's pressing panic buttons mate. Just stating an opinion that IH is making his own job harder by making poor decisions.

Indeed it was the 11th game of the season, but don't you think, bearing in mind the opposition we've faced to date that perhaps we should have won more than 3 of them? We've now lost more than we've won, not won in five games, three of which were against very poor teams. Hardly what you'd class as moving in the right direction.

Fortunately, the next two games are away to the bottom two teams in the division. Games which really give us fantastic opportunities to put 6 points on the board and to rid us of this ridiculous failure to win away. Certainly expecting at least 4 points and if we only get 1 or 2 then even TF will need to get the blinkers off and start to ask serious questions, as we are likely to be in the bottom 6 if it happens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                      Any manger who loses at home in the same season to Brentford and Fulham should be automatically dismissed. I’m sick of it. Listening to those c unts singing ‘it’s happening again’.... To think Soton bought Charlie for almost the same money we paid out for that totally useless w anker Washington. I’m more of a goal threat sitting in SAR.
                      That's fair enough but what it got to do with me asking Hits if he went last night?

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
                        Did you go to the game tonight Hits?
                        I remember you saying you were going
                        I did mate.
                        nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

• Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                          I did mate.
                          Then you will have seen the reaction of our fans at the end who had appreciated what they saw.
                          Yet you thought it appropriate to start an Ollie Out thread based on that performance? Very odd.

Comment

• The difference yesterday was Fulham have a manager who has a defined style of play that they clearly work on daily. We on the other hand have a manager who is all up and at them all out effort who can't adapt to in game changes and clearly has his favorites (Mackie).

If you are happy with effort and little structure or development then Holloway may be the manager for you, but we will struggle and finish in a position below that which we could do with the players available (good midfield) and that may be relegation or at least a relegation battle.

Comment

Nobody's pressing panic buttons mate. Just stating an opinion that IH is making his own job harder by making poor decisions.

Indeed it was the 11th game of the season, but don't you think, bearing in mind the opposition we've faced to date that perhaps we should have won more than 3 of them? We've now lost more than we've won, not won in five games, three of which were against very poor teams. Hardly what you'd class as moving in the right direction.

Fortunately, the next two games are away to the bottom two teams in the division. Games which really give us fantastic opportunities to put 6 points on the board and to rid us of this ridiculous failure to win away. Certainly expecting at least 4 points and if we only get 1 or 2 then even TF will need to get the blinkers off and start to ask serious questions, as we are likely to be in the bottom 6 if it happens.
                              Again i dont buy into ollies making big mistakes tactically or with certain players as can see the logic in why he does what he does! you only have to look at how good our signings have been and how many players are starting to play well, im not taking anyones dangling bait on how rubbish we are thanks, its a long old season and people need to get a grip from panicking in my opinion, it just seems if we just dont win a game everyones kicking off on one even when we`ve played well! what was it the last two games as we were poorest we`ve been say then we correct it this week with a good performance and were totally unlucky but out comes the negativity again, some need to get a grip as said its a long season of ups and down, its called football lol

Comment

• Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                                The difference yesterday was Fulham have a manager who has a defined style of play that they clearly work on daily. We on the other hand have a manager who is all up and at them all out effort who can't adapt to in game changes and clearly has his favorites (Mackie).

If you are happy with effort and little structure or development then Holloway may be the manager for you, but we will struggle and finish in a position below that which we could do with the players available (good midfield) and that may be relegation or at least a relegation battle.
                                jeez

Comment

Working...
                                X