Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Their play did make ours look quite dated as they broke with pace and lots of it.
    Yes but that wouldn't have mattered one bit had we had adequate front players dated , or not !

Comment

• Dogs. Their forwards were pony as well but the pace they broke and used was very very good. Cannot imagine Bidwell charging around the pitch like either of their full backs/wing backs.

Comment

• We have lacked pace in side since we first went up under Warnock when we had routledge. Have no threat behind or over the top really are one paced

Brights last week looked like he could shift and did someone say wheeler has turn of pace. They might be able switch it up

Comment

• Agree Westy. Wheeler looked like a better version of Mackie last night as he chased everything but more importantly looked to actually play with the ball. They also played Smith well when he came on as they had McDonals in front of him with the centre half behind which stopped him getting a run onto the ball. They look like a half decent team with a pony forward line.

Comment

• 73 no one can make a silk purse out of pigs ear there's no excuses our front line is totally inadequate , posters have said Les and Hoos wouldn't go the extra yard to bring in a better quality of strikers cos they might have thought what we had might be good enough well if that's the case then with that sort of judgement maybe it's time for them to move on , what's cheapest doesn't always cost less in the long run ! Now I can't have that Fulham's front line is going score less than ours over the season

Comment

• Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
              Is that a "no" then hits? The silence is deafening.
              Any manger who loses at home in the same season to Brentford and Fulham should be automatically dismissed. I’m sick of it. Listening to those c unts singing ‘it’s happening again’.... To think Soton bought Charlie for almost the same money we paid out for that totally useless w anker Washington. I’m more of a goal threat sitting in SAR.

Comment

• Dogs. Who said they would score less? Was pointing out very pacey team who's strikers last night were wasteful. 2 goals scored were by a midfielder and the deflected shot from a full back.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                  Dogs. Who said they would score less? Was pointing out very pacey team who's strikers last night were wasteful. 2 goals scored were by a midfielder and the deflected shot from a full back.
                  Not disagreeing with you I'm talking about what we've got mate and that's sub standard to the rest of the line ups

Comment

• Agreed shame how we have sunk to that kind of standard of striker. What we would not do for Helguson right now

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Disagree Hits.

Positive signs all through the team although I agree the results are poor.

We went with him (against my wishes) so let's give him the time to fix the problem.
                      Exactly how I'm feeling right now. We stuck with him through 2 dreadful spells last season, what's happening right now is nowhere near as bad. We need to be patient, get some players back to fitness and the board need to let Ollie sign a couple of payers in January.

I also have no confidence that we can bring anyone in who would do any better. I can't think of anyone decent who knows this league that we could attract for what we'd be likely to pay. What's the point of sacking another manager now? Would cost us a fortune to pay off all of Ollie's staff, and no doubt a load of his players over the next 2 or 3 windows. Then whole cycle would start again, with no guarantees that we'll actually be any better off.

Let Ollie carry on until a point where it actually look like we might be in relegation trouble, in my opinion. Things will look a lot different if we win next weekend!
                      Last edited by Tarbie; 30-09-2017, 11:30 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                        Exactly how I'm feeling right now. We stuck with him through 2 dreadful spells last season, what's happening right now is nowhere near as bad. We need to be patient, get some players back to fitness and the board need to let Ollie sign a couple of payers in January.

I also have no confidence that we can bring anyone in who would do any better. I can't think of anyone decent who knows this league that we could attract for what we'd be likely to pay. What's the point of sacking another manager now? Would cost us a fortune to pay off all of Ollie's staff, and no doubt a load of his players over the next 2 or 3 windows. Then whole cycle would start again, with guarantees that we'll actually be any better off.

Let Ollie carry on until a point where it actually look like we might be in relegation trouble, in my opinion. Things will look a lot different if we win next weekend!

About three months then

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

I also have no confidence that we can bring anyone in who would do any better. I can't think of anyone decent who knows this league that we could attract for what we'd be likely to pay. What's the point of sacking another manager now? Would cost us a fortune to pay off all of Ollie's staff, and no doubt a load of his players over the next 2 or 3 windows. Then whole cycle would start again, with guarantees that we'll actually be any better off.

And if we lose?

Comment

• Originally posted by Northolt_Rs View Post
                            And if we lose?
                            Ollie does seem good at that.

Look at his record over the last 5 years.

Comment

• 3 points from the last 15....

Comment

• Mate the fault lies with our embarrassing forwards not one of them good enough to grace the same pitch as our midfield three , OK maybe I should exclude wheeler for the time being and just hope he proves to be a cut above the dross forwards that call themselves footballers

Comment

Working...
                                X