X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    You tell me mate
    Since 2015...around 20 odd.

Before that...certainly none going back at least to 2010 and I can't recall Tango and Cash spending on the youth academy.

Comment

• No mate we've always had a youth project under tango it was risen to from an academy to a the next level 2 whatever they call it , but come on buddie Bowler was there before Les he was at qpr from 2013 , but if your going to give Les credit for him who do you give credit for , Sterling Redknapp , Hugh's these players that are coming through now have been at the club for 5 or 6 years

Apologies it risen from a school of excellence to an academy grade 2 under tango and cash
      Last edited by dogsrrs; 29-09-2017, 01:50 PM.

Comment

No mate we've always had a youth project under tango it was risen to from an academy to a the next level 2 whatever they call it , but come on buddie Bowler was there before Les he was at qpr from 2013 , but if your going to give Les credit for him who do you give credit for , Sterling Redknapp , Hugh's these players that are coming through now have been at the club for 5 or 6 years

Apologies it risen from a school of excellence to an academy grade 2 under tango and cash
        I know we had an academy but I'm talking about investing in it - bringing talent in from all sources.

Think in the past that we had a lot of local lads (like Sterling, Harriman, Ehmer, Furlong) but how many did we bring in / sign from other clubs ? LF has signed over 20 youth players in under 3 years from a variety of sources (although mostly Spurs!!) - certainly weren't going at that sort of rate.

For Bowler, unless I am mistaken, I used him as an example of getting money for youth players - which LF has to be given credit for because that is what he did. Although, to be fair, I didn't actually give credit to LF for anything about Bowler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
          Are my eyes deceiving me? LF getting some credit on this Forum !!!??
          Careful now

Comment

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
            It was tongue in cheek lol

EDIT: but to be fair, i really don't think too much of Curtis Fleming our defensive coach so not sure what good that will do!
            well ok then.
            Judging by the amount of goals conceded, Fleming doesn't look like a good defensive coach.

Comment

I know we had an academy but I'm talking about investing in it - bringing talent in from all sources.

Think in the past that we had a lot of local lads (like Sterling, Harriman, Ehmer, Furlong) but how many did we bring in / sign from other clubs ? LF has signed over 20 youth players in under 3 years from a variety of sources (although mostly Spurs!!) - certainly weren't going at that sort of rate.

For Bowler, unless I am mistaken, I used him as an example of getting money for youth players - which LF has to be given credit for because that is what he did. Although, to be fair, I didn't actually give credit to LF for anything about Bowler.
              Yeah that's fair enough it's opinions all valid ! But the post is about ollie's time being up which I don't subscribe to I think at moment he's doing the best job at the club as I have said imo the signings in the last two windows have improved for not a lot of money , also imo the quality of football is more entertaining than in the previous two and half years , I could be wrong some will say I am but they should give respect as it's in the eye of the beholder , I can't see how Ollie is to blame because Hoos and the dof wouldn't go the extra yard or two to get the forward that would compliment the quality of the midfield

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                My version was the short one! Yes it would be up to scouts to act on their instructions otherwise no point having them.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the quality of football ... First three home games were decent. We have showed more fight in a lot of games. But 3-4-3 is ok but no more than that. On a poor run of games. Failing to beat Barnsley, Millwall and Burton cannot be seen as good. He needs to pick it up and soon, particularly given how badly he did last season. If he doesn't we will be down lower end again and I don't believe he has the nouse to get us out of trouble once we are there.

I'd give him about 20 games to show us what he can do this season. If he does well I will be happy. If he doesn't I just hope the Board has the balls to get him out and get someone else in before it's too late.
                Spot on about the performances. Yes they are better than they were last season, but to be fair, there was plenty of room for improvement.

Recent results are not good and if they lose tonight with other results going against QPR this weekend, then the picture will not look so promising.

Let's see what happens over the next 9 were we will be able to get a better measurement of how much improvement there has been as these include 6 fixtures with some disappointing results from last season. Let's all hope and prey that the results don't mirror last seasons - 2 draws and 4 defeats.

Sunderland A
                Bolton A
                Wolves H
                Sheff Utd H
                Nottingham Forest A
                Aston Villa H
                Derby A
                Brentford H.
                Last edited by stanistheman; 29-09-2017, 04:35 PM.

Comment

Yeah that's fair enough it's opinions all valid ! But the post is about ollie's time being up which I don't subscribe to I think at moment he's doing the best job at the club as I have said imo the signings in the last two windows have improved for not a lot of money , also imo the quality of football is more entertaining than in the previous two and half years , I could be wrong some will say I am but they should give respect as it's in the eye of the beholder , I can't see how Ollie is to blame because Hoos and the dof wouldn't go the extra yard or two to get the forward that would compliment the quality of the midfield
                  Agree on all of that chief !

Think with a proven striker, another RB and a CB we'd be top 10 easy and possibly pushing for a PO place.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post

Let's see what happens over the next 8 games or so against:
                    Sunderland A
                    Bolton A
                    Wolves H
                    Sheff Utd H
                    Nottingham Forest A
                    Aston Villa H
                    Derby A
                    Brentford H.

Let's all hope and prey that the results don't mirror last seasons - 2 draws and 4 defeats.
                    How do you get 6 results from the 5 fixtures we played last season ?

Comment

I agree about that, but in fairness to Hoos and LF, perhaps like a lot of us, they think that Sylla is more than good enough to be the main CF or at least deserves a similar run to the one given to goal shy Washington! Oh I forgot Sylla prefers to conserve his energy for trying to score goals rather than chase every ball.

Comment

[/B][/B]

I agree about that, but in fairness to Hoos and LF, perhaps like a lot of us, they think that Sylla is more than good enough to be the main CF or at least deserves a similar run to the one given to goal shy Washington! Oh I forgot Sylla prefers to conserve his energy for trying to score goals rather than chase every ball.
                        I'd like to see a bit more of him sure , but none of us know his character in the dressing room or generally about the place the little I have seen of him this season he seems to get about a bit

Comment

• Counter argument is we have great goalie and lots in midfield so whilst bit weak upfront and average defence overall think Ollie's got a pretty good squad to play with.

Comment

Spot on about the performances. Yes they are better than they were last season, but to be fair, there was plenty of room for improvement.

Recent results are not good and if they lose tonight with other results going against QPR this weekend, then the picture will not look so promising.

Let's see what happens over the next 9 were we will be able to get a better measurement of how much improvement there has been as these include 6 fixtures with some disappointing results from last season. Let's all hope and prey that the results don't mirror last seasons - 2 draws and 4 defeats.

Sunderland A
                            Bolton A
                            Wolves H
                            Sheff Utd H
                            Nottingham Forest A
                            Aston Villa H
                            Derby A
                            Brentford H.
                            Only two games out of the next eight against clubs in our 'Mini League'.

Comment

[/B][/B]

From what I've seen he gets on well with the rest of the squad (always seems to be geeing them up when he's warming up). Just cannot work out why Holloway insists on using him for about 15 minutes.

Comment

From what I've seen he gets on well with the rest of the squad (always seems to be geeing them up when he's warming up). Just cannot work out why Holloway insists on using him for about 15 minutes.
                                Until he gets an actual run difficult to gauge one way or another. Have nothing against either Mackie or CW but cannot get my head around just having one or both of them upfront. We have seemingly hundreds of wingers but nobody for them to aim crosses at! Leaves us offering not enough genuine threat and losing possession.

Comment

Working...
                                X