Sorry Ian - Ollie Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
    So you want to go to a 442 when our obvious and only strong point (other than Smithies) is our midfield 3?

You are basing this "Ollie plays people out of position" stuff on things he did 10 years. Grant Hall moved to CDM, points on the bored when he plays proves its a good move. Robinson CB etc due to injuries and has played well there. Only one was Yeni v Burton and he changed him at half time, he wont be giving him a chance again.

As I said, agreed we need more points on the board and I've also said it will end in tears. My problem isn't really with the pessimism but mostly this bullsh*t thread wanting Ollie out. Currently no better alternative
    Gareth Ainsworth?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Gareth Ainsworth?
      Would be a very good option but he's in a job at the moment. Our board won't pay to get any one out of their contracts.

Also, League 2 very big jump to Championship tried that before with JFH... Not sure if Ainsworth has any more tactical knowledge than Ollie but then again I don't pay any attention to League 2 (at the moment lol)
      My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Mate, we've had more injuries at centre half than anywhere else, yet we're picking 3 centre halves every games.

Agree with your previous point about Freeman being more effective through the middle. But Pawel is totally ineffective as a wing back, so it's swings and roundabouts ain't it?

For me, no 1 player is worth compromising your best system for. If we really want to get Freeman on the ball then play a 4-5-1 with Freeman in the hole behind Sylla. At least that way we can get Pawel back where he should be and playing well again.
        I dont tend to agree about pav as the short bits ive seen of him he looks well out of form tarbs so wouldnt make a massive load of difference having him further forward by say 15 yards! look at how well he played when he was infront of furlong, from what ive seen he doesnt take his man on atm and hes got the legs to do that role easily but not if hes defending all the time, but we have been dominating alot of games possession wise so dont see the excuse for his loss of form being down to playing further back in my opinion, as the stats suggest we`ve been on the front foot alot.
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          I dont tend to agree about pav as the short bits ive seen of him he looks well out of form tarbs so wouldnt make a massive load of difference having him further forward by say 15 yards! look at how well he played when he was infront of furlong, from what ive seen he doesnt take his man on atm and hes got the legs to do that role easily but not if hes defending all the time, but we have been dominating alot of games possession wise so dont see the excuse for his loss of form being down to playing further back in my opinion, as the stats suggest we`ve been on the front foot alot.
          So your saying it's a coincidence that his loss of form coincides with him being shifted to wing back?

For me it ain't a loss of form, it's poor performance due to being played in an alien position. And I actually think it's starting to affect Pawels confidence.

It's a contradiction to say that we need to play 3-5-2 to ensure that Freeman as one of our best players plays through the middle, where he's at his best. When at the same time we are forcing another one of our best players into a role where historically, he very rarely played well!

Comment

• I feel far happier following our not conceding over last weekend. Hopefully we can maintain this and look a lot more solid going forwards.

Ollie for England!

Comment

So you want to go to a 442 when our obvious and only strong point (other than Smithies) is our midfield 3?

You are basing this "Ollie plays people out of position" stuff on things he did 10 years. Grant Hall moved to CDM, points on the bored when he plays proves its a good move. Robinson CB etc due to injuries and has played well there. Only one was Yeni v Burton and he changed him at half time, he wont be giving him a chance again.

As I said, agreed we need more points on the board and I've also said it will end in tears. My problem isn't really with the pessimism but mostly this bullsh*t thread wanting Ollie out. Currently no better alternative
              how about playing Bidwell and Wyzsolek as wing backs?

Comment

Agreed, players been played slightly out of position. Pav 15 yards further back than he should be, Bidwell 15 yards further forward than he should be, but I really don't think that should ruin their game.

As for not signing wing backs if this 3-5-2 was going to be his staple formation then 100% we should have signed some rather that sign wingers who can play as strikers, did not make one bit of sense and still doesn't.

However, could all come down to budget. Was there any wing backs available for same money say as Bright (approx £500k-£750k) that have the same quality and same potential? I think Pav and Bidwell are plenty good enough in those wing back roles. Not good enough to make a push for promotion but fine for mid table, and fine for this season I would say.

And let's not forget that summer transfer target Andy Yiadom is still at Barnsley and in January should have 6 months left on his contract...
                I think you are missing the point here. If money was the obstacle in getting wing backs, you don't go out and sign wingers and then not use them.

As for Pavel playing 15 yards further back not being a reason effecting his game, how about him being concerned that there is no one covering behind him should the attack break down?

The 'secret' to winning games is to play your players in their positions and in a system that they can thrive in.

Comment

• Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  I think you are missing the point here. If money was the obstacle in getting wing backs, you don't go out and sign wingers and then not use them.

As for Pavel playing 15 yards further back not being a reason effecting his game, how about him being concerned that there is no one covering behind him should the attack break down?

The 'secret' to winning games is to play your players in their positions and in a system that they can thrive in.
                  A winger playing 15 yards further back and a full back playing 15 yards further forward should not make a difference to their game. That is what Scowen is there to do (and he does) is cover them should an attack on their side break down.

Pav no longer takes his man on, no longer getting any good crosses in and his finishing has been poor. He's missed a few good opportunities lately. Bidwell just doesn't have the pace to be an attacking full back.

I completely agree and haven't argued against the point we should have bought wing backs rather than wingers. However, would you have used the money we paid for Pawel in January on a wing back rather than him?

The problems on the pitch are quite simple and don't really have anything to do with playing people out of position. We are going through a very bad injury crisis in our defence, and we don't have a natural born goalscorer
                  My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

• If at Christmas we still linger in the bottom half of the table, Holloway will have to go. Otherwise we will end up in the relegation scrap.
                    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                      If at Christmas we still linger in the bottom half of the table, Holloway will have to go. Otherwise we will end up in the relegation scrap.
                      So if we are 13th at Christmas, Holloway will have to go !!!?

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        I feel far happier following our not conceding over last weekend. Hopefully we can maintain this and look a lot more solid going forwards.

Ollie for England!
                        Good lad i knew youd start believing

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          So if we are 13th at Christmas, Holloway will have to go !!!?
                          Think we got rid last time when we was about same position so why not! reckon if we get rid we can get a much better manager and try to start getting some belief and fighting spirit & then the new better manager can sign some decent new players

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                            Think we got rid last time when we was about same position so why not! reckon if we get rid we can get a much better manager and try to start getting some belief and fighting spirit & then the new better manager can sign some decent new players
                            17th when JFH got the boot....?

If we are 13th at Christmas I'll be celebrating, as I've been told by a number of experts that we are a Legue 1 side already. Certainly won't be chopping the manager if we are mid-table.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              17th when JFH got the boot....?

If we are 13th at Christmas I'll be celebrating, as I've been told by a number of experts that we are a Legue 1 side already. Certainly won't be chopping the manager if we are mid-table.
                              No i meant last time we got rid of ollie mush, was about the same position was we not!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                                If at Christmas we still linger in the bottom half of the table, Holloway will have to go. Otherwise we will end up in the relegation scrap.
                                That is a special 'Kirill fact' is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X