No announcement yet.

Match Thread | Barnsley 1 QPR 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely mild still evening and a perfect pitch. Absolutely no excuse for the ponderous, disjointed, bitty and toothless display we turned in against one of the the poorest lightweight teams I've seen in a couple of seasons. What got my goat was fact their keeper was clearly dodgy/nervous in his general handling but we didn't come close to exploiting that fact or even probing him..... no surprise at all when Freeman's shot went straight through him.
    It's easy to fall back on aphorisms like "a point on the road is okay" but after seeing the hapless Barnsley in the flesh a massive opportunity to pick up 3 points was carelessly spewed away last night.......hopefully that was a blip last night and Olly will stick a rocket up their jacksies for forthcoming games.

Comment

• Probably one of the bigger chances to end our away record, shame we couldn't take it but I guess the qpr way is to look average to sh ite against other cra p and then play amazingly against the big boys
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

• How did Robinson and Bidwell play?
        QPR
        Best team in the world
        Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Abseits View Post
          Lovely mild still evening and a perfect pitch. Absolutely no excuse for the ponderous, disjointed, bitty and toothless display we turned in against one of the the poorest lightweight teams I've seen in a couple of seasons. What got my goat was fact their keeper was clearly dodgy/nervous in his general handling but we didn't come close to exploiting that fact or even probing him..... no surprise at all when Freeman's shot went straight through him.
          It's easy to fall back on aphorisms like "a point on the road is okay" but after seeing the hapless Barnsley in the flesh a massive opportunity to pick up 3 points was carelessly spewed away last night.......hopefully that was a blip last night and Olly will stick a rocket up their jacksies for forthcoming games.
          Watching his interview afterwards he appeared to be unhappy so probably sees it the same way.

Comment

• Robinson was the outstanding player for us, Bidwell did what he usually does.
            #standuptocancer
            #inyourfacecancer

Comment

• Dat goal doe.

⏰ 3 minutes to go.
              �� Trailing 1-0.

�� Step up, Luke Freeman! #BARvQPR https://t.co/lzvoOWungn

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
                Robinson was the outstanding player for us, Bidwell did what he usually does.
                Ok,Thanks. Good news (As we all know),Robinson has worked very hard to get back to fitness.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Bill, I gather, went up there. He went up there 'itching for a defeat' did he?
                  yes of course i did

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                    Theyve been itching for defeat after defeat but it hasnt come so its now draws and the whole worlds caving in, but they cant hold back on the keyboard any more hence the first lot of pages on this thread, then the sheep mentality kicked in
                    Baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

Theyve been itching for defeat after defeat but it hasnt come so its now draws and the whole worlds caving in, but they cant hold back on the keyboard any more hence the first lot of pages on this thread, then the sheep mentality kicked in
                      Id love it love it love it losing on a Tuesday night uppp north

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                        Id love it love it love it losing on a Tuesday night uppp north
                        No one was on about you bill, & i suppose after that rubbish first half display you was chuffed to bits with the equaliser?! yet a few on here still had to post rubbish after still its the last im putting anything as you cant win with the negativity on here
                        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

No one was on about you bill, & i suppose after that rubbish first half display you was chuffed to bits with the equaliser?! yet a few on here still had to post rubbish after still its the last im putting anything as you cant win with the negativity on here
                          There lies the problem football is about opinions and if some posters are negative i would see it as realism,as you said first half was leaving a lot to be desired and
                          to be satisfied with a point at a poor Barnsley side is not very ambitious.

I appreciate the posters like you who see nothing but good whereas some of the negative posters have higher expectancy levels is that a bad thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill View Post
                            There lies the problem football is about opinions and if some posters are negative i would see it as realism,as you said first half was leaving a lot to be desired and
                            to be satisfied with a point at a poor Barnsley side is not very ambitious.

I appreciate the posters like you who see nothing but good whereas some of the negative posters have higher expectancy levels is that a bad thing?
                            Firstly thats a load of rubbish about me being a poster who sees nothing but good lol, i can see exactly how we are and we are work in progress, the daft thing is we`ve played well all games apart from a couple, & you say about us not being very ambitious yet the stats are saying different in nearly every game we`ve been creating just not finishing! thing is to make us good you cant do it in one full swoop, bingo here we are we are excellent all of a sudden its all this rammning it down about how ollies got no idea tactically rubbish aswell that keeps getting brought up, but anyway its all about opinions and some believe what others say i suppose, one follows the other mentality but onwards n upwards, friday hopefully will be a good game
                            http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Firstly thats a load of rubbish about me being a poster who sees nothing but good lol, i can see exactly how we are and we are work in progress, the daft thing is we`ve played well all games apart from a couple, & you say about us not being very ambitious yet the stats are saying different in nearly every game we`ve been creating just not finishing! thing is to make us good you cant do it in one full swoop, bingo here we are we are excellent all of a sudden its all this rammning it down about how ollies got no idea tactically rubbish aswell that keeps getting brought up, but anyway its all about opinions and some believe what others say i suppose, one follows the other mentality but onwards n upwards, friday hopefully will be a good game
                              Well your posts indicate your a happy clapper so i think your contradicting yourself unless you are a sit on the fence merchant.

Do you get to games or are you an armchair warrior,just asking

Comment

• Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                                Probably one of the bigger chances to end our away record, shame we couldn't take it but I guess the qpr way is to look average to sh ite against other cra p and then play amazingly against the big boys
                                Exactly right always has been,why i dont know

Comment

Working...
                                X