No announcement yet.

£38 a ticket yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For a club that is of a comparable size to us - a Category A game at Millwall is £26 (home end) to £30 (stands)....about right for a Championship game IMO.
    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 25-09-2017, 02:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
      It is not a fruit and veg stall though is it?
      Where the price might go down the nearer the kick off. If they did it like that everyone would wait till just before kick off which would create chaos.
      I do agree £38 for Saturday was steep though.
      my mate is a carer and doesn't have a lot of spare money , you might wait til nearer kick off for a cheaper ticket but i wouldn't

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
        People find other things to do and once they get out of the habit
        of going the attendances suffer.

This in my opinion is mainly due to prices also but JFH shocking style
        of play has also dampened a lot of fans appetite and enthusiasm for
        going to games.
        Of course they do Bill banged on about it for two and half years the dross played the price , I myself stopped my s/t in my case money had nothing to do with it I just wasn't happy going to or coming away from watching dross game in game out , can anybody blame kids for refusing to go with heir dad's how many young fans have we lost , how many ..go to watch non league on a Saturday or have a round of golf instead it will take a while and a ticket reduction to get them back if at all ! so it has be made to appeal to newcomers

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          We are the costa boys
          De de de de De de
          Prefer shopping with misses then going football
          De de de de de de
          pure class!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            my mate is a carer and doesn't have a lot of spare money , you might wait til nearer kick off for a cheaper ticket but i wouldn't
            That wasn't the point I was making mate. I was saying the price doesn't go down the nearer you are to ko.

Comment

Would be interesting to know how much other clubs charge against Burton...

Would bet on a £30 average.

Comment

We're back to being a mid table championship outfit, after years of either being in the prem or looking like we might achieve promotion.
                Attendances were always going to suffer once the wind went out of our sails.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                  That honour goes to Lee hoos for charging £38 a pop.
                  Could be a good thing in the long run because as attendance plummets

a) someone might finally wake up and start making some sensible decisions at board level

b) someone might finally twig that a new stadium will still be an empty stadium unless there is a product to watch

The only thing these people understand is falling revenue.

Comment

That's got to be your best ever post Hal !

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                      Could be a good thing in the long run because as attendance plummets

a) someone might finally wake up and start making some sensible decisions at board level

b) someone might finally twig that a new stadium will still be an empty stadium unless there is a product to watch

The only thing these people understand is falling revenue.

An empty stadium would be more likely to be full regardless of the 'dross' if the price is right. 17,000@ £30 average price = £510,000. £40,000@ £15 average price = £600,000.

Comment

Originally posted by Itsonlyagame View Post
                        We're back to being a mid table championship outfit, after years of either being in the prem or looking like we might achieve promotion.
                        Attendances were always going to suffer once the wind went out of our sails.
                        Nah your can't serve up the rubbish QPR has served at their price for the last two years at championship level and not expect gates not to suffer , there's a saying you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time , if you agree with that then our gates are doing well to be where they are now , imo prices will have to drop to win back punters back good football alone won't be enough by its self

Comment

Football has been better at home this season, last two games aside. However it would be naïve to think how appalling we were last season under Ollie has not scared some people away.

If IH can do what he struggled with last season, and that is get us out of the current mini slump, and start to get home form going again could see attendances start to go up.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                            Football has been better at home this season, last two games aside. However it would be naïve to think how appalling we were last season under Ollie has not scared some people away.

If IH can do what he struggled with last season, and that is get us out of the current mini slump, and start to get home form going again could see attendances start to go up.
                            You've been asked to pay top dollar for two years of shlt who ever has been in charge it can't go on indefinitely and punters are waking up to it

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                              Nah your can't serve up the rubbish QPR has served at their price for the last two years at championship level and not expect gates not to suffer , there's a saying you can fool some of the people some of the time but not all of the people all of the time , if you agree with that then our gates are doing well to be where they are now , imo prices will have to drop to win back punters back good football alone won't be enough by its self
                              Can't deny the football has been rubbish, which is why we have been nowhere near the playoffs, unlike seasons before.
                              If we looked like the real deal this season imo gates would slowly climb as more fair weather fans jump on the bandwagon.
                              Prices are a factor though, especially if like me you want to bring the little-in who will hopefully be part of the next generation of r's fans.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

The other point is also we do not have a talisman that wins us game like Charlie and Adel so in my case my young one does not feel the same buzz as in recent times. The product has been dire as have the people on the pitch.

Comment

Working...
                                X