Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
    My view..............

He is a turd of a striker. just has the knack to constantly miss an 9 foot by 7 foot rectangular shape from almost any distance.

if the opposition keeper was standing on the farking moon, washington would find a way of kicking the ball straight at him.

he has now had 9 games from the start, scoring in one of those games.

my dog could bring what washington is bringing to the team (energy, #runsaboutalot) and he will do it for doggie biscuits.

its high time he is dropped for me.

pre season, hill of hell and 9 starts have done nothing to improve him. so far his stats are scoring in 1 game out of 9.

heres a poll for you all anyway.

sorry if this upsets you mastermind champion, but enough is enough.
    I'd say "Yes" but lets not destroy the fella. Still hope for him.

Comment

Yes.

Strikers are judged on goals and he doesn’t get any.

Comment

Think a few games on the bench may take the heat off the fella. In saying that would you want to partner Mackie up top as this bloke seems to have forgot you actually have to play the game with the ball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          Think a few games on the bench may take the heat off the fella. In saying that would you want to partner Mackie up top as this bloke seems to have forgot you actually have to play the game with the ball.
          Surprised?

Fella is complete shite. Glory hunter.

Comment

He never showed any sign whatsoever of being a competent striker at this level.

Running about a lot does not mean you have a killer instinct.

Pinky loves him though, so he's probably really talented and we've all missed it.

Comment

I like Washington and like most hope he will come good but think a few games on the bench may do him a bit of good.

Comment

Palace score more than him
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I think he's got a really good first touch he just can't finish. He just doesn't ever fill me with confidence that he's going to score.

With Austin, you knew we were going to be in with a chance of scoring. I don't get that confidence with Mackie or CW. In fact, I feel more confident we would get a goal when Smith plays. The trouble is if Smith plays we lose 1 person pressing, which throws our game out.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    My view..............

He is a turd of a striker. just has the knack to constantly miss an 9 foot by 7 foot rectangular shape from almost any distance.

if the opposition keeper was standing on the farking moon, washington would find a way of kicking the ball straight at him.

he has now had 9 games from the start, scoring in one of those games.

my dog could bring what washington is bringing to the team (energy, #runsaboutalot) and he will do it for doggie biscuits.

its high time he is dropped for me.

pre season, hill of hell and 9 starts have done nothing to improve him. so far his stats are scoring in 1 game out of 9.

heres a poll for you all anyway.

sorry if this upsets you mastermind champion, but enough is enough.
                    I live in peterborough and he was slated there at the start of the season we signed him, i think westley the then posh manager got him firing and Les watched him a couple of times and we flashed 2.5mil at them and they bit our hand off. He's no charlie Austin but i dont think any of our strikers are all that good, Smith is a lump sylla is probably the best finisher but ollie wants him to run like CW and mackie. Seriously if were to progress any work in progress needs the players to do that too. and in the forward line were poor at best none of the front line up would be my idea of strikers. i think Eze is the best option we've got.

Also whilst its slating time Furlong couldn't mark his underpants. the lad aint got it basics from schoolboy football and how to mark shouldn't be learnt playing championship football

Comment

92%

Pretty much a whitewash.

Comment

As I said in another thread, and as others have said here, partner him with someone else and see if that helps him.

It's evident that he and Mackie don't work together, so we should spice it up and bring in someone else.

Mackie gets the chop as he's 31 and, to be honest, isn't going to get any better than he is now, whereas Conor has potential.

Partner Washington with either Sylla or Smith for the next three games against 'easy' opponents and if he doesn't find the back of the net at least once, introduce him to the bench.
                        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

I get a little bit the thoughts of changing partner but that don't explain the chances he is missing. If he was not getting chances full stop yeah partner could be significant reason but he gets chances just don't take them

Comment

This is a toughie. We like CWs pluck and hustle, but agree he feels like a deer-in-headlights when close to the goal. Could say much the same about Mackie. Agree we should pair one of them up with one of our big guys (prefer Sylla versus Smith; latter better as a sub). If neither CW or Mackie can get it going, Wheeler only real option left.

Comment

Thought he was really poor on Saturday, but most of the team other than Scowen not much better

Comment

I like Washington but think he MUST be dropped. Spell on the bench will do everyone a favour.

Comment

Working...
                                X