Should Washington be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
    Topper I'd like to see us playing 4_4_2 but as I said I wonder if Ollie feels we still won't offer any more goal chances and after the early start the opposition will realise we have nothing to offer up front and have nothing to fear just kick on attacking the mid field and defend
    Problem is look at the last year. What Ollie is doing clearly doesn't work.

We don't have wingbacks so he plays a system with people playing out of position. We have wingers but don't play in a system that allows for wingers. Both Pawel and others such as Yeni have gone backwards. None of the three man midfield are goal scorers regardless of other qualities. The system does not work for any of our strikers.

We are left with a disjointed side with no goal threat. Granted our strikers aren't great but with what we have should be 4-4-2, lump in crosses for likes of Sylla and Smith and possibly Washington or Wheeler alongside or just behind one of those. The constant twin 'threat' of Washington and Mackie with very little service is ridiculous.

I just get the impression that Ollie is very much yesterday's man and is way out of his depth. You can point to previous promotions but could just as easily say get George Graham out of retirement as he won the league etc. Happens to majority of managers. He should have stayed as a pundit. Nobody has yet been able to answer who else in the top two divisions would have given him a job. I strongly suspect the answer is nobody. Totally daft appointment.

Comment

Topper I'd like to see us playing 4_4_2 but as I said I wonder if Ollie feels we still won't offer any more goal chances and after the early start the opposition will realise we have nothing to offer up front and have nothing to fear just kick on attacking the mid field and defend
      I think that's exactly what he thinks. He could be correct. However i think between Pav, Freeman and Luongo, supported by Scowen, supplying Smith and Sylla, there's enough there to scare defences and not be found out too quickly.

Comment

• Originally posted by topperharley View Post
        I think that's exactly what he thinks. He could be correct. However i think between Pav, Freeman and Luongo, supported by Scowen, supplying Smith and Sylla, there's enough there to scare defences and not be found out too quickly.
        If Smith was was Charlie Austin in disguise and syla was Clive Allen

Comment

• Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          Problem is look at the last year. What Ollie is doing clearly doesn't work.

We don't have wingbacks so he plays a system with people playing out of position. We have wingers but don't play in a system that allows for wingers. Both Pawel and others such as Yeni have gone backwards. None of the three man midfield are goal scorers regardless of other qualities. The system does not work for any of our strikers.

We are left with a disjointed side with no goal threat. Granted our strikers aren't great but with what we have should be 4-4-2, lump in crosses for likes of Sylla and Smith and possibly Washington or Wheeler alongside or just behind one of those. The constant twin 'threat' of Washington and Mackie with very little service is ridiculous.

I just get the impression that Ollie is very much yesterday's man and is way out of his depth. You can point to previous promotions but could just as easily say get George Graham out of retirement as he won the league etc. Happens to majority of managers. He should have stayed as a pundit. Nobody has yet been able to answer who else in the top two divisions would have given him a job. I strongly suspect the answer is nobody. Totally daft appointment.
          FFs furtive how many times do you have to come out with the same thing about wingbacks, it cracks me up how you are so damn sure we`d be better off weakening our midfield having 4 in it, we`d most likely get hammered in the middle of the park as thats quite obvious, seems as most away teams play with 5 in midfield, we`d get dominated and then imagine how youd be moaning then!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

• Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
            FFs furtive how many times do you have to come out with the same thing about wingbacks, it cracks me up how you are so damn sure we`d be better off weakening our midfield having 4 in it, we`d most likely get hammered in the middle of the park as thats quite obvious, seems as most away teams play with 5 in midfield, we`d get dominated and then imagine how youd be moaning then!
            we have won one away game in ten months ... that suggests it might be worth trying something different. Or maybe Dollie is lulling the rest of the division into a false sense of security before speeding up the league in the second half of the season?

Comment

we have won one away game in ten months ... that suggests it might be worth trying something different. Or maybe Dollie is lulling the rest of the division into a false sense of security before speeding up the league in the second half of the season?
              Well it was on saturday so hopefully things will turn now and i should expect if it did theyll be quite a few disappointed on here, farking does my head in even after a win the same are talking about the next manager, its like a new breed of we want..

Comment

Well it was on saturday so hopefully things will turn now and i should expect if it did theyll be quite a few disappointed on here, farking does my head in even after a win the same are talking about the next manager, its like a new breed of we want..
                I know sometimes it's like being on an opposition board. Terrible it is.

Comment

If Smith was was Charlie Austin in disguise and syla was Clive Allen
                  *some defences

#### i miss Charlie.

Comment

I know sometimes it's like being on an opposition board. Terrible it is.
                    Good luck on saturday for youre boys in red

Comment

We already get dominated. And have won only three games out of the last sixteen.......

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        We already get dominated. And have won only three games out of the last sixteen.......
                        Don't let those facts get in the way of the thinking of one or two on here.
                        'The win at Birmingham will hopefully turn things around' is what Hollowhead is hoping for, but unfortunately QPR won't be playing Birmingham away every other weekend.

His tactics and team selections are not working hence QPR being in such a low position with just 25 points.

But this thread is about whether Washington should be dropped and the answers a resounding yes, because that miss in the 1st half on Saturday was just woeful regardless of what system is played and was typical of his finishing ability.
                        He is a League 1 striker at best. Shame on Ferdinand and JFH for spending much of the £4M fee received for Austin.

Comment

• Conor Washington

Thats got to be it now.

We've heard all the excuses in the world but now hes playing in his 'preferred front 2' there cant be anymore. Yet again he doesnt deliver and blows good quality chances away.

Little Paul Smyth manages to do more in his 15-20 min cameos than Washington does all game, hes got to be given a start now surely.

Would also like to see Eze play from the start, can understand why this one is more of a selection headache because the midfield 3 are quite consistent.

The amount of 1 on 1's ive seen Conor miss in his time here really is quite alarming considering its his 'natural' position, makes me wonder where we would be in the league with someone who put those away.

Comment

• Works hard but his record speaks for itself.

Shocking striker in all honesty. Rarely hits the target and when he does its straight at the keeper.

Time to drop him for a long stretch and bed someone else in.

Comment

• He's on a 'Pay to Play" contract

Comment

• Originally posted by acricketer View Post
                                He's on a 'Pay to Play" contract
                                Good job for him that’s he’s not on a pay per goal contract - he’d starve to death! Starting him is like playing with ten men. He really is pony.

Comment

Working...
                                X