Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

41 91.11%
  • no

4 8.89%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Should Washington be dropped?

It will be good for his confidence when NI are meeting Norway!! We are ranked just above Syria and Iraq.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Originally Posted by Pinkie
    Nas you could tell the way he was shaping hes lacking in confidence and also by his reaction when it went in off the defender! hes obviously a confidence player but he was almost scared of hitting it you could tell.
    If someone has no confidence for 2 years, he's not worth playing. There's a difference between a confidence player and a silver spoon player who needs to be fed everything. I rate his overall play a lot more now than I used to but his finishing is so damn poor, it feels like we're wasting a spot in the side every single game he starts because we know he's 90% likely not to score.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Originally Posted by nasser95
    if someone has no confidence for 2 years, he's not worth playing. There's a difference between a confidence player and a silver spoon player who needs to be fed everything. I rate his overall play a lot more now than i used to but his finishing is so damn poor, it feels like we're wasting a spot in the side every single game he starts because we know he's 90% likely not to score.
    i feel the same way about crapie. In theory, we are playing with 9 men and two sheep dogs
    nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

4. Default

fair point, straight at the keeper.... Friday's shot was going right at the keeper again, needed the deflection to go in.
    Hard enough to hit the back of the net though wasnt it?
    Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 01-10-2017 at 07:00 PM.

5. Default

Originally Posted by Hitman34
    i feel the same way about crapie. In theory, we are playing with 9 men and two sheep dogs
    That's fantastic

Originally Posted by Shepherds Mush
    Hard enough to hit the back of the net though wasnt it?
    what? Ball should have been in plenty of times from plenty of shots but he's a striker and if he wants to play for a championship side, he has to be able to at least hit it wide of the keeper but within the confines of the posts, at least make the keeper work for it, I criticised Sylla at the game for the same issue even though he was offside when he shot embarrasingly off target early in the game.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

7. Default

what? Ball should have been in plenty of times from plenty of shots but he's a striker and if he wants to play for a championship side, he has to be able to at least hit it wide of the keeper but within the confines of the posts, at least make the keeper work for it, I criticised Sylla at the game for the same issue even though he was offside when he shot embarrasingly off target early in the game.
    Plenty of shots? He had 1 and it went in !!? You can carry on talking about the last 18 months if you want but I am simply saying he can actually hit it harder than all the powder puff shots people have banged on about. Hopefully that will spur him on in the next game.

As for Sylla...thought he did well to get it down to be able to have a pop let alone get it on target.

People on here expect us to have players that can score at will....newsflash....Charlie Austin fcked off a long time ago.

Default Daily Mail interview with CW

"I watched the Sheffield United game on Friday night. They are a good side and we’re looking forward to testing ourselves again. They have got great fans as well, so it will be a really good game.

And then it’s Aston Villa. They just seem to keep coming in the Championship, don’t they? There are great teams all around, but we back ourselves against anyone here. We seem to do better against the better teams. They are probably going to have the ball a little more than us and move the ball quicker and try to break through the lines.

Sides outside the top six give us a different challenge. We seem to struggle a bit against the teams who give us a bit of the ball so we need to work on a formula to get points off those teams."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-chasers.html

Originally Posted by Stanley
    "I watched the Sheffield United game on Friday night. They are a good side and weíre looking forward to testing ourselves again. They have got great fans as well, so it will be a really good game.

And then itís Aston Villa. They just seem to keep coming in the Championship, donít they? There are great teams all around, but we back ourselves against anyone here. We seem to do better against the better teams. They are probably going to have the ball a little more than us and move the ball quicker and try to break through the lines.

Sides outside the top six give us a different challenge. We seem to struggle a bit against the teams who give us a bit of the ball so we need to work on a formula to get points off those teams. It is impossible to win every game and we cannot stay too much time in sorrow. We have to hit back, step up and show that we want to be really high."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...e-chasers.html
    I think the last part of that last paragraph is their manager Stan.

Originally Posted by CroydonCaptainJack
    I think the last part of that last paragraph is their manager Stan.
    You're right mate. Fixed the quote now. Thanks for the correction!

Putting our chances away would be sufficient, no need for formulas.

12. Default

Originally Posted by brightonr
    Putting our chances away would be sufficient, no need for formulas.
    These sort of comments are grating me. Ginge even called it a tap in and anyone could of scored but I thought he was really sharp and did well. Tbh Washington needs to be sold because the fans have decided he is sh it. I wish him all the best and think we will live to regret it but he has to go for himself more than anything
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    These sort of comments are grating me. Ginge even called it a tap in and anyone could of scored but I thought he was really sharp and did well. Tbh Washington needs to be sold because the fans have decided he is sh it. I wish him all the best and think we will live to regret it but he has to go for himself more than anything
    Took his goal very well on Saturday tbf to the lad.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Originally Posted by WeAreQPR12
    No way was his goal just a 'tap in'. He took it very well. Firstly it was a good 1st touch to bring it under control from Mass' pass, he then had to ride the challenge from the defender, then lob it over the keeper, then tuck it away from a tight angle with another defender bearing down to cover the centre of the goal. Anyone doubting that just needs to watch the replay, unless they're just too blinded by their own prejudice.

15. Default

Originally Posted by Stanley
    No way was his goal just a 'tap in'. He took it very well. Firstly it was a good 1st touch to bring it under control from Mass' pass, he then had to ride the challenge from the defender, then lob it over the keeper, then tuck it away from a tight angle with another defender bearing down to cover the centre of the goal. Anyone doubting that just needs to watch the replay, unless they're just too blinded by their own prejudice.
    Bang on. Even harder as Mass's pass was coming from a full forced tackle rather than a pinpoint pass.