No announcement yet.

Should Washington be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like Washington, he seems like a good honest bloke and a willing player. But he just isn't a decent striker, end of. Surely, after over 70 appearances for us, we should have seen some evidence by now that Conor can do it at this level. We haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      I like Washington, he seems like a good honest bloke and a willing player. But he just isn't a decent striker, end of. Surely, after over 70 appearances for us, we should have seen some evidence by now that Conor can do it at this level. We haven't.
      Ditto that. Always puts a shift on, can't knock him for lack of effort, but quiet simply not good enough at this level. 9 goals in 56 league games for us is a poor return for a striker.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        Thought he was really poor on Saturday, but most of the team other than Scowen not much better
        Baptiste says hello.
        Feed The Massimo And He Will Score

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
          Ditto that. Always puts a shift on, can't knock him for lack of effort, but quiet simply not good enough at this level. 9 goals in 56 league games for us is a poor return for a striker.
          Strangely a slightly better goals to games ratio than the people's champion Bobby Zamora.

Washington passed to Mackie twice early on against Burton when he should have carried on and had a pop himself - very low on confidence and maybe a spell on the bench and in the U23's would do him a favour.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            I get a little bit the thoughts of changing partner but that don't explain the chances he is missing.
            Put that more down to confidence issues IMO. Partnering him with a compatible partner (Smith) might be just the catalyst to resolve that. Football Manager Rule Book 101 states "Play your players to their strengths." Taking some heat off him by benching him for a few games may help too.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
              Strangely a slightly better goals to games ratio than the people's champion Bobby Zamora.

Washington passed to Mackie twice early on against Burton when he should have carried on and had a pop himself - very low on confidence and maybe a spell on the bench and in the U23's would do him a favour.
              Tbf mate I think that may have something to do with a certain goal he scored for us
              You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Tbf mate I think that may have something to do with a certain goal he scored for us
                What, that one at Boro that prompted the best chant ever, oh bobble Zamora
                #standuptocancer
                #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Ha...yeah I know. Shame Austin didn't get that winner...proper striker and proper legend.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                    My view..............

He is a turd of a striker. just has the knack to constantly miss an 9 foot by 7 foot rectangular shape from almost any distance.

if the opposition keeper was standing on the farking moon, washington would find a way of kicking the ball straight at him.

he has now had 9 games from the start, scoring in one of those games.

my dog could bring what washington is bringing to the team (energy, #runsaboutalot) and he will do it for doggie biscuits.

its high time he is dropped for me.

pre season, hill of hell and 9 starts have done nothing to improve him. so far his stats are scoring in 1 game out of 9.

heres a poll for you all anyway.

sorry if this upsets you mastermind champion, but enough is enough.
                    That may be the problem Hits, if he thinks the goal is only that size it might psychologically impair him. Now if he thought the goals were 8 foot high and 8 yards wide he may hit it even more frequently.
                    I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                      That may be the problem Hits, if he thinks the goal is only that size it might psychologically impair him. Now if he thought the goals were 8 foot high and 8 yards wide he may hit it even more frequently.

Comment

whenever he shoots he seems to put it straight at the keeper , why he can't go for the corner of the goal is beyond me . or maybe he is

Comment

Sorry if I'm duplicating this info,but according to Wiki,CW scored 27 in 82 for Peterborough,9 in 56 for QPR,5 in 39 for Newport and 54 in 80 for St.Ives.Speaks volumes about his ability depending at which level we're talking about.

Comment

Almost two years in, I'll give my take again.
                            Positives: Hard worker, runs a lot, good first touch, good pace, good strength, homegrown quota
                            Negatives: Can't shoot, can't shoot, can't shoot, can't dribble after the first touch, can't shoot, can't shoot, we already have enough homegrown players without him.

If we insist on going forward with him, play him on the wing or even better, off the bench since we have so many better options on the wing.
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I'd like Sylla to be given a good run of games e.g. 5 and see how he does

Comment

JET anyone?

Comment

Working...
                                X