No announcement yet.

Should Washington be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

time to give sylla and wash a run of games with smith coming on when needed . sylla needs to close don't when told it's not that hard to add to his game , washington needs to find the corner of the goal and stop hitting the keeper he can add that to his game and the goals will come

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      That's the thing though, he's always an inch to the left of scoring or shoots at the goalie, his shot to goal ratio is pretty dire. I admire his work rate, but I have never been convinced he's the real deal, and I think no matter how Ollie tries to boost him, he just ain't up to it. Ollie's issues with Sylla smacks of poor man-management to me, certainly to make it so public, but then again, maybe it has worked and Sylla has got the message. Either way, we need to see Sylla starting games I think, or at least rotating. An alternative that might work could be Sylla and Washington, where Washington's job is to pull defenders away from Sylla, make the space for him, and provide him service (instead of Mackie doing this).
      Spot on about Washington and Sylla.

Comment

Is there a record for most impact subs in one team?
        You support QPR?!?!

– Every Australian Ever

Comment

Got to have a proper finisher in there (Smith or Sylla). I like Washington but he's not a natural goalscorer. Saying that, Washington and Mackie upfront hasn't been that bad...they know how to tire defences and that's when Smith/Sylla come on and look threatening.
          "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

Ridiculous. Cw should and will start but question is with who
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Should Washington be dropped?

My view..............

He is a turd of a striker. just has the knack to constantly miss an 9 foot by 7 foot rectangular shape from almost any distance.

if the opposition keeper was standing on the farking moon, washington would find a way of kicking the ball straight at him.

he has now had 9 games from the start, scoring in one of those games.

my dog could bring what washington is bringing to the team (energy, #runsaboutalot) and he will do it for doggie biscuits.

its high time he is dropped for me.

pre season, hill of hell and 9 starts have done nothing to improve him. so far his stats are scoring in 1 game out of 9.

heres a poll for you all anyway.

sorry if this upsets you mastermind champion, but enough is enough.
                nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

WeAre will not like this mate he will not like it one bit

Comment

Lol we`ve not really discussed this one
                    http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                      I don't think Washington is half as bad as some of you make out but I get why you'd think it as a striker is judged by his goals.

But Washingtons strength is his work rate, he chases down lost causes, harasses defenders and makes good runs. Northern Ireland use him for this and it works well for them.

In my opinion the problem is Mackie is used alongside him and they are quite similar. It might work the odd week but is not the answer long term.

I'd like to see Washington get a prolonged run alongside Smith I reckon there are goals there
                      Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Big Dave you've hit the nail on the head. A strike force should be a combo and they're definitely alike. Jfh never played to his strength and now Holloway is doing the same. We have personal in smith and sylla who must start with Washington. Too easy to blame the player but 2 players wanting to make similar runs is not the answer. Good to have you on here big Dave for balance
                      Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Ridiculous. Cw should and will start but question is with who
                      I would agree that CW would probably score more goals if he was partnered with Smith, because he's the type of player that would bring the best out of CW i.e. the classic big man / little man set up with CW picking up the knock downs, making runs off Smith, facing the goal with balls played to his feet or to run on too - all this would be playing to his strengths - none of which Mackie can provide him with.

The only counter-argument to this I can think of is that Smith isn't the best with his back to goal and holding the ball up; however this combo would still bring the best out of Washington - and more goals, which is the whole crux of this debate. Even Sylla would compliment him more than Mackie because of his aerial strength.

Comment

So the fact he does get chances and goes on to miss them is irrelevant

It appears some think hes not had a chance or fair crack of the whip he's simply not a very good finisher and yesterday's chance is example of that. Imagine that chance just outside six yard box falling to Austin we know how how it would have ended

Comment

Next two games with Smith. But he's clearly in the last chance saloon. Playing him with Mackie is like pairing Jayne Torville with an elephant.

I doubt he has it in him, I'm sorry to say. He is so static. He never makes any telling runs. Rarely, if ever, anticipates anything. Can trap the ball beautifully at times and works hard. But that seems it.

Comment

Imo it's got to be him or Mackie !let's have a look at sylaas a starter more mobile than smith

Comment

If he could hit back of net even if it was 1/3 he's worth a place but he simply on current form don't pose a threat. First half when he went through and we were 2 on 1 and he could have put Mackie in I thought he will screw this up and he did.

What was his strike rate at Peterborough out of interest?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                                If he could hit back of net even if it was 1/3 he's worth a place but he simply on current form don't pose a threat. First half when he went through and we were 2 on 1 and he could have put Mackie in I thought he will screw this up and he did.

What was his strike rate at Peterborough out of interest?
                                he should have gone for a shot instead of passing to mackie, it looks like his confidence is shot when it comes to taking shots. i'm a fan of what he brings to the team but its starting to hurt us by starting with mackie and washington as they rarely score despite being right in the mix for our attacks. sylla is really being overlooked by the club and i can fully get why hes been frustrated at times, he needs a run of games in the side to show ollie what he can do. i wouldn't mind starting with sylla and wheeler up front tbh, wheeler looks like a right poacher and likes cutting in with the ball so i reckon him and sylla would be our best option up front.

Comment

Working...
                                X