On way home | QPR 0 Burton Albion 0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Fair point though I think he has been unlucky not to get a few more goals this year. Sticking with him after the last 3 or 4 games or so when he has offered very little is a bit strange.
    He's had an extended run in the team like some demanded and he's still not delivering. Squad player from the bench should be his role. Problem is we have too many forwards in that mould when we need forwards who start and have impact

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Problem is we have too many forwards in that mould when we need forwards who start and have impact
      Yeah, agreed. Problem is when we play Smith/Sylla we are just dropping slow high balls into the box as an easy option instead of trying to pass. Need to get down the wings and send in crosses with a bit of pace on em. I like Bidwell but at LW home to Burton it's pointless. He should only play there away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
        Yes there are always positives. Could go the rest of the season without conceding.
        Yes I think so,can't see us conceding another goal this goal

Comment

Problem -

Washington, Mackie, Smith & Sylla are all plan B strikers, none are plan A, but we have few other options.

Until January, I'd start with Smith & Washington, with a view to bring Sylla on after 60 mins, and Mackie after 89 ! (ok, maybe 85)

Comment

As I have being saying we need strikers that can strike, How many more chances does Washington need before it is admitted that at the moment he is not good enough. Mackie either.Why wasn't Wheeler even on the bench. A really poor boring game today .
            Only bright spot is Samuel looked good. We cannot seem to win away therefore we cannot afford to drop points at home.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR1976 View Post
              Problem -

Washington, Mackie, Smith & Sylla are all plan B strikers, none are plan A, but we have few other options.

Until January, I'd start with Smith & Washington, with a view to bring Sylla on after 60 mins, and Mackie after 89 ! (ok, maybe 85)
              So you would continue selecting striker who has not scored since first day of season two months ago. Why??

Comment

How much of Sylla's confidence has Holloway ruined? Play Sylla, get Wszolek crosses in to him from the line - not the loopy stuff we pump up that a half decent centre back can get his head on all day long as he only has to clear - and we might see Sylla's strength.....

Comment

Where was Wheeler, anyone know?

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    So you would continue selecting striker who has not scored since first day of season two months ago. Why??
                    washington or wheeler for me alongside sylla. we do need that work rate in the team and if theres anything he does good its work hard, hes gotta pretty good first touch too tbh. i always thought he did well playing down the left so he could even play lwb for us as bids never looks good in attack.

Comment

I don't think Washington is half as bad as some of you make out but I get why you'd think it as a striker is judged by his goals.

But Washingtons strength is his work rate, he chases down lost causes, harasses defenders and makes good runs. Northern Ireland use him for this and it works well for them.

In my opinion the problem is Mackie is used alongside him and they are quite similar. It might work the odd week but is not the answer long term.

I'd like to see Washington get a prolonged run alongside Smith I reckon there are goals there

Comment

It's one or the other. Currently Mackie is chipping in with goals so he's in the seat

Comment

I really do think a quite a few need to get a grip, it was possibly our first poor performance of the season & results arent always going to go for you even if you are playing a side we should be beating, thats football & if those games arent going to go for you then make sure you dont lose them, and not conceding a goal with around 7 players out injured! its times like this where the manager and players need a cool head and not to panic like most on here
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                            I don't think Washington is half as bad as some of you make out but I get why you'd think it as a striker is judged by his goals.

But Washingtons strength is his work rate, he chases down lost causes, harasses defenders and makes good runs. Northern Ireland use him for this and it works well for them.

In my opinion the problem is Mackie is used alongside him and they are quite similar. It might work the odd week but is not the answer long term.

I'd like to see Washington get a prolonged run alongside Smith I reckon there are goals there
                            my dog does the same.
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

Big Dave you've hit the nail on the head. A strike force should be a combo and they're definitely alike. Jfh never played to his strength and now Holloway is doing the same. We have personal in smith and sylla who must start with Washington. Too easy to blame the player but 2 players wanting to make similar runs is not the answer. Good to have you on here big Dave for balance
                              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

But yesterday he wasn't making the runs and chasing down. Possibly still not completely fully recovered from injury.

Comment

Working...
                                X