Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
    I agree with stanley here entirely
    I don't - not entirely. The basics are the basics. The kind of stuff you learn in a school team. They weren't always happening when we were injury free, and that is why the spotlight is on Fleming.

Where I do agree with Stanley is that it takes a long long time to learn back line trade - which sounds kind of dodgy ;) but you know what I mean - and the boy Furlong is still learning. I'm all for playing the youngsters, further up the park I'd like Eze back, but wherever they play the basics need to be drummed in and I'm just not convinced that is happening.

Comment

Peterlund - I could not agree more - Just had to say it

This and some

Originally posted by peterlund.dk View Post
      I do get that the defense didn't look sharp in situations against M'Boro last week. But I also think that we as fans need a sense of realism...

The back three over the weekend consisted of 0 of our intended starters at CB. 2 of the back three quite young, less than 35 Championship matches for QPR between the three combined, 1st time they ever played a back three together in a competitive match, missing Scowen, our stand-out DM this season so far, playing against a relegated Prem team with a €20 mio. attack force.

I personally don't think that warrants the comment "Do we have a defensive coach and if so does he know how to coach the so called defenders?". I think it's to be expected, that defensive blunders and errors will be made by that back 3, and M'Boro was a good enough team with good enough players to take advantage.

But to answer your question(s):
      Yes, we have a defensive coach.
      Yes, I assume that he knows how to coach our defenders (I can only assume, as I'm not present at their training sessions).

Let's hope our back-up defenders will get more time this week to train together, build up confidence and cohesiveness before our match against Burton - it should be realistic to expect less than 3 goals against in that match. And with some luck, we might even have one of all our injured starters back soon?

Edit: Not to mention - 2 of the back 3 are played out of position!

Comment

Even Man C suffered when they introduced new CB's under Pellegrini. Defender understanding takes time, and we had defenders thrown together for this match. I'd say we done well in the circumstances. Jamaal at Newcastle was not playing for ages when he went there, learning the setup probably.

Comment

Originally posted by Awin View Post
          Or furlong had believed he had done enough when the ball went out of play.
          Didn't realise it went out

Comment

Working...
          X