Defensive statues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defensive statues

On Saturday four defenders stood looking at each other when the attacker was no more than five yards from them.
    Not one moved to tackle/block the resulting goal.
    Do we have a defensive coach and if so does he know how to coach the so called defenders?
    It's all very well scoring goals but a strong defence should come first.

i've watched that britt assombalonga goal 3 or 4 times the defending is pathetic , no marking , wrong positions , ball watching, it has so many basic mistakes . the fella cost 15 million because he knows where the net is surely someone had the job of picking him up

Comment

If Onoura had been one of those defenders we'd have been on here slating him, me included.

Surely Holloway will show the team the video of the goal and let it be known that it should never happen again.

It's about taking responsibilities

Comment

I do get that the defense didn't look sharp in situations against M'Boro last week. But I also think that we as fans need a sense of realism...

The back three over the weekend consisted of 0 of our intended starters at CB. 2 of the back three quite young, less than 35 Championship matches for QPR between the three combined, 1st time they ever played a back three together in a competitive match, missing Scowen, our stand-out DM this season so far, playing against a relegated Prem team with a €20 mio. attack force.

I personally don't think that warrants the comment "Do we have a defensive coach and if so does he know how to coach the so called defenders?". I think it's to be expected, that defensive blunders and errors will be made by that back 3, and M'Boro was a good enough team with good enough players to take advantage.

But to answer your question(s):
        Yes, we have a defensive coach.
        Yes, I assume that he knows how to coach our defenders (I can only assume, as I'm not present at their training sessions).

Let's hope our back-up defenders will get more time this week to train together, build up confidence and cohesiveness before our match against Burton - it should be realistic to expect less than 3 goals against in that match. And with some luck, we might even have one of all our injured starters back soon?

Edit: Not to mention - 2 of the back 3 are played out of position!
        Last edited by peterlund.dk; 18-09-2017, 03:11 PM.
        QPR since 1993
        WATRB since 2015
        First QPR game hopefully in 2017

Comment

It appears to have escaped some people's attention that we are currently experiencing an injury crisis, particularly in defence with arguably our FIVE best defenders all out of action. Is it really any great surprise that sloppy goals will be conceded as a result, when you have no settled back line and enforced changes from week to week?

Honestly where is the balanced view in threads like this?

Comment

Whilst I agree that we shouldn't read in to the goals v boro too much due to injury crisis, not our full strength team etc a lot of people have been questioning Curtis Fleming's ability as a defensive coach.

Either way, at the beginning of the season how many on here would have even put us scoring against Boro away let alone deserving a point against them?
            My old man never said be a Chelsea fan...

Comment

Clint Hill. We would like to be watching Clint Hill. We would like to be watching Clint Hill.....

Comment

Furlong has absolutely no clue regarding positioning defensively. So often he ends up the wrong side of his man pulling others out of position having to cover. The only one we have left who can defend effectively in the air is Matt Smith! Big trouble ahead unless we get Lynch back soon and find someone who can play the Furlong position - perhaps Wszolek with Wheeler on the right further up.

Comment

Neds fault

Jokes aside fact we never took on Hill would suggest Hall and the walking infringement Lynch must be very close to a return Add to that Caulker

Comment

Thought Boro's defending was pretty poor....just a shame we couldn't have exposed it more.

Comment

Originally posted by Cjskinz View Post
                      Whilst I agree that we shouldn't read in to the goals v boro too much due to injury crisis, not our full strength team etc a lot of people have been questioning Curtis Fleming's ability as a defensive coach.

Either way, at the beginning of the season how many on here would have even put us scoring against Boro away let alone deserving a point against them?
                      I think saying we deserved a point is a slight exaggeration! Yes their winning goal was dodgy but at times they battered us and on the balance of play were good value for the three points.

That said though what I would say is we showed good spirit and at least gave a reasonable account for ourselves, particularly when bearing in mind our current injury crisis. With a little more solidity at the back once our injured heroes return if we keep showing the same endeavour we will hopefully start to pick up points on the road against poorer opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
                        I think saying we deserved a point is a slight exaggeration! Yes their winning goal was dodgy but at times they battered us and on the balance of play were good value for the three points.

That said though what I would say is we showed good spirit and at least gave a reasonable account for ourselves, particularly when bearing in mind our current injury crisis. With a little more solidity at the back once our injured heroes return if we keep showing the same endeavour we will hopefully start to pick up points on the road against poorer opposition.
                        I know you really are a very hard taskmaster BUT saying a side didnt deserve at least a point after going ahead twice in an away game they lost by one late goal is being very very harsh.

Comment

Yes we did have reserve out but our first choice haven't exactly covered themselves in glory.

Comment

Originally posted by davieqpr View Post
                            Yes we did have reserve out but our first choice haven't exactly covered themselves in glory.
                            Been solid enough at home though surely !!?

Comment

Mistakes happen all the time in football. However, four defenders looking on without anyone trying to close down their scorer is pure lack of concentration and instructions as well. I think defenders should be instructed who to mark when under pressure. As it looks, no one knew who to mark, so they left the job to each other!

Comment

Working...
                              X