what is our strongest back four.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
    When? Neds out till 2018 and you would prefer Pawel to Perch?
    I mean, this is just about who the strongest we have is, as opposed to the strongest right now. And as a wing back, Pawel definitely, because perch could even play the position baptiste does and rotate out to a full back spot.

I could do a full write up about the formation because it's a very smart one, but to put it simply, on the attack, our wing back becomes a winger and out wide centre back becomes a full back to support them (it's why Baptiste is always at the edge of the box alongside Pawel). When defending, we revert back with the wide centre back helping stop the cross with the wing-back. So we end up being a 4atb when we're attacking and a 5atb when defending.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
      you would prefer Pawel to Perch?
      Depends on the formation.

Pav is definitely the better WB (pace, dribbling and crossing). Perch is the better RB (defensively).

Comment

perch, hall ,ned, robinson

Comment

Originally posted by wormholt View Post
          thought pawel was more an attacking midfielder, if we do have a back 5, i'd rather stick someone more solid there.

hate back 5's, would rather play a 4-4-2 or a 4-4-1-1

pawel, luongo, scowen, freeman........midfield

honestly, still none the wiser with our two up front.
          Have to agree with you about Wyzsolek playing in attack, but if the team is going to be a 3-5-2 (5-3-2) it will be tricky fitting him in, as Scowen Luongo and Freeman look like a solid midfield trio.

Comment

Working...
          X