No deal for Clint!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Quality of defensive coaching seems highly questionable, this was an area in which Clint could have contributed. Normally I wouldn't have though any sort of playing contract made sense, but our circs are exceptional at the moment.

There are vested interests at QPR, everyone has their little domain, and maybe Clint's face didn't fit..... the fans love him and he experienced success with us, those two things are enough to make him suspect.
    Think so.
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Comment

I watched the u23 game and I was actually a bit worried if he was to play in our back three, it did not look that he was even close. My guess, we wanted a pay as you play deal and CH wanted an end of the season contract. When looking at our latest new players I am quite sure that they know what they are doing, even as it is Clint..

Comment

Clint only got himself to blame should have got himself on a sunbed before the trial if he wanted stand any chance of getting in Les Rooney jobs for the boys squad

We have so truely pathetic narrow minded bigots in our fan base and posting!!! You know who you are

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          Clint only got himself to blame should have got himself on a sunbed before the trial if he wanted stand any chance of getting in Les Rooney jobs for the boys squad

We have so truely pathetic narrow minded bigots in our fan base and posting!!! You know who you are
          Quite a bold statement but hard to disagree with to be perfectly honest
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Quite a bold statement but hard to disagree with to be perfectly honest
            Only saying what others are probably thinking

Back on topic though probably good for Clint too as retains his reputation. If we came in got ripped a new one our final memories of him would be tarnished. Still known as a legend left with head held high that will do for me

Comment

Take it being Clint out of the equation - had QPR been looking to sign a 39 year old free agent who hadn't secured a contract with League one and Two clubs -plenty on here would be up in arms!!

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                Take it being Clint out of the equation - had QPR been looking to sign a 39 year old free agent who hadn't secured a contract with League one and Two clubs -plenty on here would be up in arms!!
                Spot on. Could probably shut thread on that one post alone. Well put 3London

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post

You mean me, I suppose!! What a way to adress a fellow QPR-supporter. Wow!
                  Last edited by Shania; 15-09-2017, 08:00 PM.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

I think a lot are missing the point here. As a player clearly his days are numbered but just to have his passion and enthusiasm around the place would have been massive!

Agree with others who say he was probably offered a short term contract which he refused.
                    I'm here for a long time, not a good time...

Comment

Clint didn't accept offer put to him ?

Comment

Good decision.

Love him but ffs he's 73 years old! Any team with Clint Hill at the back will struggle.

Very limited at this stage in his career and signing him just stunts the growth of someone younger and more long term.

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                          Sure they have to see that additional help is needed? We are letting in too many goals, aren`t we?
                          If you are manager of a section of your office...let's say "marketing" and they bring in someone else and say "Clint" is just gonna help you out...do you not start to worry about your job? I know I would.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            If you are manager of a section of your office...let's say "marketing" and they bring in someone else and say "Clint" is just gonna help you out...do you not start to worry about your job? I know I would.
                            Good point

Comment

Would sign him for Bolton away only, he's due a goal there

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                                OK,probably! But this is Clint Hill we are talking about...
                                Last edited by Shania; 15-09-2017, 10:16 PM.
                                QPR
                                Best team in the world
                                Sort of

Comment

Working...
                                X