• Time
  • Show
Clear All

####ing stupid decision.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        Only saying what others are probably thinking

Back on topic though probably good for Clint too as retains his reputation. If we came in got ripped a new one our final memories of him would be tarnished. Still known as a legend left with head held high that will do for me

Even though QPR need a defender, at least on a short term deal, if the club thought he would not be able to perform to his previous standards then this is the correct decision. I wouldn't want my memories of him tarnished, just as I didn't want Les back as a player when he opted to sign for Reading (I think) instead.

However, if this was a money saving reason i.e. pay as you play deal, then the club is wrong imo, because with Hall, Lynch, Perch and Caulker all out then this could all backfire on the club.

We could soon be watching the U23 teams defenders being thrown in to games they are not ready or good enough for.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Taylor View Post
          I think a lot are missing the point here. As a player clearly his days are numbered but just to have his passion and enthusiasm around the place would have been massive!

Agree with others who say he was probably offered a short term contract which he refused.
          My views entirely I just think LF has his own agenda.

Comment

Then if there was an agenda and he was never going return why offer him trial in first place????

Is this same agenda where Les got slatted for bringing Ravel back then Ollie came out saying it was him who wanted him and Les said steer clear??

Comment

I reckon they wanted to give him a pay as you play deal and he wanted a 1 year contract.

If so good decision by the club. Love Clint but we're not a charity case anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                I reckon they wanted to give him a pay as you play deal and he wanted a 1 year contract.

If so good decision by the club. Love Clint but we're not a charity case anymore.
                Someone on LFW suggesting It was money and Clint wanted to much

Comment

Hopefully this indicates that our injury situation is not as bad as we think, plus the staff have faith in younger players that we don't know much about.

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                    My views entirely I just think LF has his own agenda.
                    What exactly is his agenda in your opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      ####ing stupid decision.
                      Agreed.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        Someone on LFW suggesting It was money and Clint wanted to much
                        Can't see that myself. Whats he gonna get at the likes of Carlisle that would be better than what we would have offered?

Gotta be more to it than just money!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          Can't see that myself. Whats he gonna get at the likes of Carlisle that would be better than what we would have offered?

Gotta be more to it than just money!
                          Yep

Comment

Working...
                          X