How do we get the people in?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do we get the people in?

last nights crowd was approx 12,600 , we are playing well , unbeaten at home . a crowd that size for a london derby in the 2nd tier is rubbish , what will it take to get fans to turn up

Or the question really is how do we get the gloryhunters back ?

Which in turn will answer the original question. Win more and look like we are challenging for promotion.

Comment

we should be getting 16 /17k in at least , we're not in the bottom 3 or do we look likely to be in it on present form . makes talk of a new stadium a joke . fulham top our crowds but i know they do cheap tkts on a regular basis . the club need to come up with some ideas before we go under 10k for a game

Comment

Play good football consistently and have a better stadium. Very few are born supporters of X club and many need to converted. Last time I took a few neutral friends, cant remember vs who but it was raining, we sat lower school end. The football was terrible, atmosphere was crap and water kept dripping on them. We love LR but to outsiders it is a bit of a dump. They've yet to be convinced to come back esp as they paid £30+ for the privilege!

I 100% understand why newer fans are attracted to other London teams.

Comment

Bloke who is not a member said ticket for last night was 33 quid plus booking fee.

While clubs like foolham and spam frequently offer specials like pound for kids and 15 for adults.

That I believe is the major problem
          nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Probably it was 2000-2500 less than it would have been because lets face it, no one really wants to get their head kicked in. Having said that, I might do what I can to be over in the UK when we play Millwall away (don't even know when it is, but if Qpr Ted is in so am I) . I'll be at the game if I can, but I'm speaking for others (not that I want my head kicked in..). If by chance, we get Chelsea away in the ####-Awful Cup as it has sadly become..that, well, has to take precedence and I'll move heaven and earth to come over in preference to the Millwall game. Couldn't give a flying #### about those non entities Brentford and Fulham though. No more interesting to me than playing Barnsley.

But from next season we must cut prices to try to fill our ground. Surely that makes sense.

Comment

We are a boutique club and don´t wan´t £ 10 pound fans.......

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                Bloke who is not a member said ticket for last night was 33 quid plus booking fee.

While clubs like foolham and spam frequently offer specials like pound for kids and 15 for adults.

That I believe is the major problem
                Think you'll more than likely find that our ticket prices aren't far off Fulham's.

As for £15 for adults at Fulham....IF that is actually true then I can only believe it was a promotion enticing them to bring along a butler for the day.

Comment

Just looked..30 December Millwall? Unless we get Chelsea away 3rd round I won't be there. Too bloody awkward, will get on wrong side of partner and my son's family...! Rather get a kicking from Millwall or (but couldn't face the shame of a shoeing from Chelsea hooray henrys). Her family are southern Italian...

Comment

We are what we are, hardcore below 15k and has been for over 30 years
                    Millwall reputation deters fans and I for one would not take a youngster to HQ when they are in town. Pricing is a factor too as our season tickets are amongst dearest in championship and so are our individual match prices, this is also our third season in championship with last season being awful, I would like to see around 16k plus at home games including visiting fans which will happen if we are in and around play offs consistently, if we made the final (tin hat on here) we would sell 40 k easily, as I said we are what we are.

Comment

Well, the dire unentertaining football has kept me away for the last couple of years. Last season, I went to the first game of the season (v. Leeds). It was such a revelation, I went straight home and booked for the next home game - diabolical! Hoped televised games would ignite my enthusiasm, but same old story.

I can't say I've seen decent, entertaining football at LR, since the time in the Premier League under Warnock. That includes being a season ticket holder back in the Championship, and again the second time in the Prem. Started reducing the number of games I attended, but it just kept getting worse and worse.

Vital, more or less folded, so my links to QPR weakened further. I hope joining this site will bring me closer again, and if the upturn in football continues, I am seriously considering a visit to LR when I get back in October.

I'm not a glory hunter, my feelings can best be summed up thus:

I went to Lotfus Road to watch QPR play football, but they didn't!

Sorry, not meant to be a rant

Comment

We're down 3K by not letting Wall have the lower School End.......

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                          Or the question really is how do we get the gloryhunters back ?

Which in turn will answer the original question. Win more and look like we are challenging for promotion.
                          Gloryhunters back you numpty

Comment

Resign Park Ji-Sung. Used to be a lot of Korean followers.

Comment

We do need a Korean or two...but maybe the U23s or Academy can use a couple of these Indians we bring over. Very skillful, who knows, perhaps another Stan Bowles if we can build them up and give them some strength training...

Comment

Working...
                              X