Should Washington be dropped?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Washington be dropped?

hes fireing blanks and that means leading scorer matty smith should be installed into the starting line up against borough
    Yes
    90.91%
    No
    9.09%
    Click here to view my blog.

More...

I'm a fan of Washington but I'm starting to think he should be used as an impact sub to use his pace later on in games when defenders are tired.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      I'm a fan of Washington but I'm starting to think he should be used as an impact sub to use his pace later on in games when defenders are tired.
      I thought Sylla was the impact sub?? Time to bring in some 90 min strikers innit?!

Comment

if we keep playing high balls to washington he has no chance , he seems to get his shots off but they all seem to be at the goalkeeper

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
          I thought Sylla was the impact sub?? Time to bring in some 90 min strikers innit?!
          Don't see why Sylla can't be that. Not as if he's had many chances to show what he can do over 90 mins.

Also, with all these wingers it would make sense to start Smith or Sylla - proper target men in the box, not a 5ft striker.

Comment

Don't see why Sylla can't be that. Not as if he's had many chances to show what he can do over 90 mins.

Also, with all these wingers it would make sense to start Smith or Sylla - proper target men in the box, not a 5ft striker.
            should be sylla and washington imo. i think the work rate of washington/mackie is massively underappreciated and is crucial for our team but they just lack that physical presence up front. sylla has looked lively whenever i saw him in preseason and the games hes played this year, far too good to keep on the bench and we need his muscle. even though smith has the best goals to minutes ratio in the championship this season (i think) hes a pretty limited player but makes a brilliant impact sub when we need him. i reckon washington would benefit from playing alongside someone like sylla and would score more frequently as thats the only thing hes missing this season

Comment

like to see Smith and Sylla up top when fit

Comment

I agree and have been saying same for ages. Seems most on here see differently though.

Comment

also big fan of Washington but I think give him a rest Saturday ring him back for burton game refreshed

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    think the work rate of washington/mackie is massively underappreciated
                    on the contrary - its the only thing about either of them that we can appreciate.....

You can't play them both as a front two, it's that's simple.

Comment

Have stuck up for him- and like him and want him to do well- but he was s hite last night. Off the pace, static, lacking any anticipatory awareness. Playing with Mackie doesn't help. And I said that Saturday too.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Have stuck up for him- and like him and want him to do well- but he was s hite last night. Off the pace, static, lacking any anticipatory awareness. Playing with Mackie doesn't help. And I said that Saturday too.
                        To be fair he was only an inch to the left of scoring last night....unless it was someone else who hit the post in the first half?

Agree that him and Mackie are not the best partnership we could put out....by a long way.

Comment

our three strikers are Championship standard and that means they have their strengths but also their weaknesses.

Washington great work rate and movement but lacks physicality and finishing not great. Smith a big lump. Sylla in my view our best all round striker and would like to see him given a run of games but does seem good coming off the bench.

They probably need to be rotated depending on opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                            on the contrary - its the only thing about either of them that we can appreciate.....

You can't play them both as a front two, it's that's simple.
                            This. Workrate with very little end product is pretty much pointless.

get either Sylla or Smith in the side and wingers to cross the ball into the box, and we might see more goals from the team

Comment

To be fair he was only an inch to the left of scoring last night....unless it was someone else who hit the post in the first half?

Agree that him and Mackie are not the best partnership we could put out....by a long way.
                              That's the thing though, he's always an inch to the left of scoring or shoots at the goalie, his shot to goal ratio is pretty dire. I admire his work rate, but I have never been convinced he's the real deal, and I think no matter how Ollie tries to boost him, he just ain't up to it. Ollie's issues with Sylla smacks of poor man-management to me, certainly to make it so public, but then again, maybe it has worked and Sylla has got the message. Either way, we need to see Sylla starting games I think, or at least rotating. An alternative that might work could be Sylla and Washington, where Washington's job is to pull defenders away from Sylla, make the space for him, and provide him service (instead of Mackie doing this).

Comment

Working...
                              X