2 Points Dropped.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
    Kevin. To get a point from 2-0 against anyone should be viewed favourably. Maybe people were carried away with the good start at home we had up to tonight so assumed we should walk over this lot. They were always going to compete and you could argue Gregory has cost them the game.
    I certainly wasn't carried away that's for sure ,ok only drawing at home to 10 men ( for 53 mins)millwall will sound like 2 points dropped,I said at half time I'd take a point and especially as we were 2 down (shocking defending for their 2nd),I'm happy with a point and very happy with the character the team played with. Maybe now "kev" mcloud can stop accusing me of constantly cunting off "his" team.

Comment

Freeman, having left his man free for their first (I thank you), was excellent second half. Really excellent. All over the pitch.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Woodwork twice as well 73 mate.
        Unlucky to not win even not playing well. Sign of a good side imho.
        Think there were at least 3 good penalty shouts as well, but ref was having none of it. Thought he was quite poor, with no consistency in his decisions, and was certainly no homer, even considering the red card.
        https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

i'm still asking myself how we didn't win that game , what on earth was bidwell doing for their 2nd goal . mackies worst game for us , hope we start lua at boro

Comment

I'm sure other players will take over places as the season moves on. All teams have off nights. and they wanted this game more cos of Ollie, their red probably cost them the win.

Comment

Last year playing against a team that were in the relegation zone,hadn't got a point or a goal away from home and down to 10 men we would have got battered.
              So we played bad,and it's going to happen now and again, but at least we showed some fight.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                Think there were at least 3 good penalty shouts as well, but ref was having none of it. Thought he was quite poor, with no consistency in his decisions, and was certainly no homer, even considering the red card.
                ref had a shocking game, he really got a lot of stick for not blowing after a millwall player badly tackled scowen then blew 5 seconds later after one of our guys did a carbon copy of the tackle on scowen on one of their guys. i was fuming.

don't think there were 3 penalty shouts though? depends from were you're sitting in the ground, 1 maybe was a penalty but it would have been harsh. i of course screamed penalty at every opportunity though!

Comment

Pleased that they didn't give in and fought back for the draw, but agree that they should never have got to being 0-2 down, although off nights to happen.

What I will say though is that surely now it is about time to drop the starting front two, Mackie has got 2 from 7, but has at least scored in different matches unlike Washington, who hasn't scored since his opening day brace.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                    ref had a shocking game, he really got a lot of stick for not blowing after a millwall player badly tackled scowen then blew 5 seconds later after one of our guys did a carbon copy of the tackle on scowen on one of their guys. i was fuming.

don't think there were 3 penalty shouts though? depends from were you're sitting in the ground, 1 maybe was a penalty but it would have been harsh. i of course screamed penalty at every opportunity though!
                    Saw it on livestream. Looked like a push in the back of Scowen in the area first half, Conor got pulled down trying to reach a cross, and then Smith got pulled around a couple of times as I recall it, but I am wearing hooped glasses, as is the commentary on the offy stream, so somewhat biased of course.

Also the situation where Freeman got booked was ridiculous, Millwall player goes through him from behind and nothing is given, couple of seconds later Luke slides in, and its a yellow. Not sure why he pulls out the red for Gregory either, if you compare it to the previous situation where Scowen gets cut in half by Morison, which he didnīt even award as a freekick.
                    https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

It's amazing any of us would feel "gutted" after coming back from two goals down and nearly pulling off the win against a Millwall squad that showed up to play tonight. This Rangers team, this year, is already playing better than any we've had for a few seasons. Yes, we have to figure some things out, like a defense that needs better and healthier players, and a front line full of hustle but not full of goals. But think about it; this team has shown heart and hustle to match a manager who (unlike sleepy Harry and stodgy Hasselbaink) has vim and fight. Many on this blog thought we'd be lucky to have a point after 5 games. We have 11 after 7, and that's without Hall (possibly our best player the past two years). Stay loyal, stay patient, go Rangers. I DO agree about the referee; shockingly poor today.

Comment

Originally posted by 1QPRDK View Post
                        Saw it on livestream. Looked like a push in the back of Scowen in the area first half, Conor got pulled down trying to reach a cross, and then Smith got pulled around a couple of times as I recall it, but I am wearing hooped glasses, as is the commentary on the offy stream, so somewhat biased of course.

Also the situation where Freeman got booked was ridiculous, Millwall player goes through him from behind and nothing is given, couple of seconds later Luke slides in, and its a yellow. Not sure why he pulls out the red for Gregory either, if you compare it to the previous situation where Scowen gets cut in half by Morison, which he didnīt even award as a freekick.
                        Many decisions against and "half-chance-penaltysituations" but that was never a red card. Without it we would have lost.

Comment

Some seemingly missing the point. I clearly stated I was chuffed with the way we came back, it showed great character. What I am saying is, we should never be going 2 down at home to 10 man Millwall!!
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

It's a difficult one as 11 vs 11, they were the better side. 2nd half we battered them but was that due to the extra man or us just being better or them just sitting on the 2-0? Who knows. Matty is right though, we shouldbn't be 2-0 down to a side like that but it all comes down to our defence. Yes we have injuries but we Robinson is for me a woeful defender. People get fooled by him doing some flash but of skill and he does look good on the ball but defensively (which is his job) he loses his man too often and is just not physical enough. Baptiste is a bit up and down. Maybe Clint and Nedum would be the answer......yet again Clint comes to the rescue. We do conceded too many good opportunities and we need to sort out the defence.....even more than having a good striker. For all the good play of the midfield 3, useless if we can't defend.

Comment

the 2nd goal was down to bidwell he just stood and watched then threw his arms in the air , i thought robinson had a decent game although he does get knocked off the ball to easily

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                                the 2nd goal was down to bidwell he just stood and watched then threw his arms in the air , i thought robinson had a decent game although he does get knocked off the ball to easily
                                All about opinions. He scares the crap out of me.

Comment

Working...
                                X