Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sylla

Dropped or injured?

dropped i think. in ollies interview with lfw he mentioned that sylla refused to play a game as he claimed to have a back problem but ollie called him out for not even seeing the clubs doctor, ollie wasn't very happy with him by the sounds of it.

it does sound like theres a bit of a rift going on there but i hope it gets sorted out, sylla is clinical. hes probably frustrated with never being given a proper chance but at the same time hes gotta be a team player

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
      dropped i think. in ollies interview with lfw he mentioned that sylla refused to play a game as he claimed to have a back problem but ollie called him out for not even seeing the clubs doctor, ollie wasn't very happy with him by the sounds of it.

it does sound like theres a bit of a rift going on there but i hope it gets sorted out, sylla is clinical. hes probably frustrated with never being given a proper chance but at the same time hes gotta be a team player
      Would starting the Brentford game be a proper chance that he didn't take?

Could see it being an international thing both him and Yeni were away with DR Congo both didn't play, if Yeni made the bench I would query it but I guess it may be jet lag or tiredness etc, I know Luongo played but he is vital to us atm
      i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

We will need this guy,our best finisher

Comment

Perhaps got injured when they dropped him boom boom

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post

Could see it being an international thing both him and Yeni were away with DR Congo both didn't play, if Yeni made the bench I would query it but I guess it may be jet lag or tiredness etc, I know Luongo played but he is vital to us atm
            I don't think Luongo played the second Australia game midweek, maybe if he had he wouldn't have played yesterday.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Difficult one. Seems to score off the bench but does fck all when starts, although the number of 90 minutes under his belt must be minimal.

IMO, best finisher in the box at the club by a country mile. If only Washington could add goals to his game then Sylla's omission would never be questioned.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Difficult one. Seems to score off the bench but does fck all when starts, although the number of 90 minutes under his belt must be minimal.

IMO, best finisher in the box at the club by a country mile. If only Washington could add goals to his game then Sylla's omission would never be questioned.
                This. With f uck all emboldened.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post

Nail on head here. Washington seems to have everything about his game but finishing at the minute.

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post

No because he wasn't played with the real team so didn't get any service. When he has come on with the likes of freeman scowen luongo wsolek around him he scores goals plus the back line was tampered with for the bees game. He needs a start but not vsmillwall unless we have injuries as you can't change a winning side

Comment

I like Sylla. I think on his day, he's the best attacking player we have.

That said, there is clearly something not right behind the scenes. Maybe he's got an attitude problem, maybe he's one of these that gets a little knock and doesn't want to train because of it, maybe him an Ollie just don't like each other, or maybe it's a combination of all of that. Whatever the reason, there is no point having him and not playing him. Sylla is probably one of our most salable assets in terms of playing staff. No point letting him warm the bench whilst all the while his value is falling. Play him or sell him in my opinion!

Comment

Sylla is a kylla, he shouldn't be used as a fylla.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                          I like Sylla. I think on his day, he's the best attacking player we have.

That said, there is clearly something not right behind the scenes. Maybe he's got an attitude problem, maybe he's one of these that gets a little knock and doesn't want to train because of it, maybe him an Ollie just don't like each other, or maybe it's a combination of all of that. Whatever the reason, there is no point having him and not playing him. Sylla is probably one of our most salable assets in terms of playing staff. No point letting him warm the bench whilst all the while his value is falling. Play him or sell him in my opinion!
                          I agree tarbs but its a long old season and we will need him at some point, i like him alot but if he has an attitude ollies doing the right thing.
                          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Think it is clear that he is the best goal scorer we have, he gets in the right positions at the right times. However he isn't convincing at times? Frustration at lack of service maybe? I'm sure with the wingers likely to play a part he is the best we have to latch onto some of those crosses, not sure what is going on behind the scenes so can't really comment if there is more to it.

Comment

Would anyone change a winning side and play our best goal scorer?
                              Think its a great problem to have.
                              If everyone thinks hes our best striker ahd he aint getting a game means the two in front of him are working and long may that continue

Comment

Working...
                              X