Three players....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Three players....

Short from being serious promotion/play off contenders.

Midfield is top notch with plenty of options but we are still short of a top quality champ striker and in my opinion 1 x quality cb and rb option for when we do play 4 at the back.

Will be interesting to see if we can maintain a position in the top 10 possibly higher from now until Jan and then see of tf and co back Ollie with 1 or 2 quality additions that could be the difference in us getting a possible play off position.

In my opinion there's not too many top quality teams in this league this year and our desire and pressing will take us a long way.

Anyone else starting to think we could be this years suprise package?

I also think tf, les and co are actually doing a ok job and I like this new DNA of the club..
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 10-09-2017, 01:31 PM.

While I agree our midfield has been mustard so far, I think it's probably far too early to say we could be the surprise package. Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. Mid table would constitute a good season considering what happened last season. If we are still top 10 at Christmas I'll be a very happy man.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

All I want is 3 points v Millwall and anything at Boro is a bonus, we could surprise a few this year but let's enjoy the good home form we have had so far and wait and see.

Comment

Way more than 3 players off promotion candidates. Good start but we just need to concentrate on getting points on the board before we hit the inevitable difficult patches.

Comment

20 goal striker.

That's all we need,

look at our defensive
          record not bad look at home record not bad

Goals get you promoted

Statistics come on down.

Comment

I wouldn't want promotion. The football being played by teams whose only purpose is to survive in the Premiership, is dire
            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
            This morning's tempest I have to cross
            I must be guided without a stumble
            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

It's way too early to say but from what we've seen so far there's every reason to be optimistic.

Of course we should strive to win every game and aim for promotion so why not!?

Top half would be good and the quality of football so far has been top notch. We are also spending much less weekly and hopefully the stay away fans will start returning soon as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich View Post
                hopefully the stay away fans will start returning soon as well.
                Wonder when they will decide it is time to return?

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  I wouldn't want promotion. The football being played by teams whose only purpose is to survive in the Premiership, is dire
                  So you would rather finishing top ten and playing dire football some weeks in the league below?

Comment

Making LR a fortress that teams fear to come would be a start as we do struggle away.

Comment

Not sure on the depth - if we lose Scowen, Freeman or Luongo to injury will impact us severely. Need to get Cousins fit and Manning back to form. Agree re right back, centre back and striker. Also, wonder if we will run out of steam with pressing style as season progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by qpr4life View Post
                        So you would rather finishing top ten and playing dire football some weeks in the league below?
                        no, I want to go up with a team that stands a chance of holding its own in the top flight. We are miles away from that
                        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                        This morning's tempest I have to cross
                        I must be guided without a stumble
                        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                        X